Ayr v Ton 15-1-22

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely it’s neither teams prerogative and it’s down to both teams to try and reach an agreement. We obviously weren’t arsed and by the looks of things neither were Morton. If your owners or whoever they are were so interested in what’s best for the fans then they could’ve very easily asked the question privately. At worst we say no and MCT can peddle the line to the fans that they tried their very hardest.

It's very much the home team's prerogative: you're staging the game, not us.

If I was Ayr's chairman and Morton went public on wanting to shift the game, I'd tell them to go f**k themselves.

And we'll never know whether anyone at Morton asked privately about shifting it (I'd guess not, cos people from Greenock are dead polite and respectful).

It's very much the home team's prerogative: you're staging the game, not us.
If I was Ayr's chairman and Morton went public on wanting to shift the game, I'd tell them to go f**k themselves.
And we'll never know whether anyone at Morton asked privately about shifting it (I'd guess not, cos people from Greenock are dead polite and respectful).

The salient point is that Morton made zero effort to try and get fans in. I’m not having a go at them, I’m just saying that VT is actually right in this instance.

35 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The salient point is that Morton made zero effort to try and get fans in. I’m not having a go at them, I’m just saying that VT is actually right in this instance.

For all any of us know Morton may have spoken to Ayr about rescheduling the game. We DON'T know, but VT being VT he arbitrarily decided that Morton didn't, and criticised them accordingly. 

Had it come out that Morton DID suggest moving the game, you can bet your season ticket that VT would've been the first to complain about their lack of foresight reducing Morton's chances of getting a result at Motherwell in the Cup next weekend. It's just what he does.  😁

23 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Don't understand why this hasn't been moved to Monday night, a Monday night crowd would still be an extra 700 on top of the 500 limit tomorrow. 

You haven't really read the thread, have you?

On 13/01/2022 at 14:00, D'Jaffo said:

Both teams should be well up for this after last week. Not sure what changes we’ll make for this. Adeloye should come back in but I’m not sure if it should be a straight swap for Moffat or whether we drop a midfielder and play two up top.

Gonzo might start but I think it’s more likely he’s on the bench and comes on in the second half.

Look Away GIF by Muppet Wiki

25 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You haven't really read the thread, have you?

Have now...

Surprised there seems to have been no real thought given to move it. 

Suppose we're having the social club open all weekend showing multiple matches including the league game tonight, our game tomorrow and premier league games so we'll end up making a fair bit in there i'd imagine. 

We're that massive now we have our own social club which shows live sports on Sky instead of shitty repeats of Bargain Hunt, what a time to be alive.