Ayr v Ton 15-1-22

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

I see Ayr have posted about tickets for watching this in the bar while Morton have been tweeting streaming information. They've not even thought about moving this have they?

Not even crossed either clubs mind imo. 

I wonder if it makes more financial sense to not move it. January's always a fairly shit month for attendances, if the majority of Ayr fans who were planning on going were season ticket holders anyway and already paid up, unless there's a big travelling crowd the extra costs of opening up the full ground might not be worth the cost and probably unlikely to get one on a weeknight.

48 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I wonder if it makes more financial sense to not move it. January's always a fairly shit month for attendances, if the majority of Ayr fans who were planning on going were season ticket holders anyway and already paid up, unless there's a big travelling crowd the extra costs of opening up the full ground might not be worth the cost and probably unlikely to get one on a weeknight.

And the fact the compensation will cover a big chunk of any lost revenue, (and with reduced costs, they might even end up net up by not moving it).

Moving it would be idiotic. The only game Ayr should, would, and did countenance moving is the one where they'd expect to draw 4-5x the paying crowd minus restrictions. Moving any other game that is otherwise playable in January just invites playing three games a week in April.

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Moving it would be idiotic. The only game Ayr should, would, and did countenance moving is the one where they'd expect to draw 4-5x the paying crowd minus restrictions. Moving any other game that is otherwise playable in January just invites playing three games a week in April.

I’m not sure why moving a game by two days, to allow the people that have already paid to watch it to attend is idiotic tbh. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure why moving a game by two days, to allow the people that have already paid to watch it to attend is idiotic tbh. 

There's no guarantee it would get played. It's the middle of winter and there's a raging pandemic. Between the two of them the league is losing 2-3 fixtures every matchday.

13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There's no guarantee it would get played. It's the middle of winter and there's a raging pandemic. Between the two of them the league is losing 2-3 fixtures every matchday.

I think we could check a weather forecast for Monday...

Same team as Saturday for me apart from Adeloye coming back in to replace Moffat. Gondoh on the bench. Hopefully Afolabi and Fjortoft are back as we only had five subs against Arbroath. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Same team as Saturday for me apart from Adeloye coming back in to replace Moffat. Gondoh on the bench. Hopefully Afolabi and Fjortoft are back as we only had five subs against Arbroath. 

Feel like that’s far too defensive against Morton at home. We can’t play three central midfielders who don’t offer much going forward,  as well as McKenzie - who works incredibly hard, but doesn’t provide a huge output in terms of creating things. 

One of the central midfielders needs to come out for O’Connor IMO. Would provide us with far more balance. We looked far better against Raith with that style of system. 

Every game is a big game for these two at the moment. Having maybe three days less recovery time than next Saturday's opponents probably figures large in the thinking here. Plus, there's no financial benefit to Morton in moving it and hopefully they now have enough about them to beat Ayr without having fans there to shout them on.

21 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Every game is a big game for these two at the moment. Having maybe three days less recovery time than next Saturday's opponents probably figures large in the thinking here. Plus, there's no financial benefit to Morton in moving it and hopefully they now have enough about them to beat Ayr without having fans there to shout them on.

Motherwell and St Mirren are both playing on Tuesday night, so moving to Monday night would still have given both clubs more recovery time than their next opponents.

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Plus, there's no financial benefit to Morton in moving it and hopefully they now have enough about them to beat Ayr without having fans there to shout them on.

Well MCT and the gang can give up their mealy-mouthed 'football is nothing without the fans' speel then, after choosing to lock them out of games for a second season in a row out of convenience. 

It's not surprising that no games have been shifted this weekend because SPFL clubs have long since demonstrated the utter contempt with which they treat their customer base. 

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Motherwell and St Mirren are both playing on Tuesday night, so moving to Monday night would still have given both clubs more recovery time than their next opponents.

Stands to reason, then that seven days of recovery time will be better than five…….    👍

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well MCT and the gang can give up their mealy-mouthed 'football is nothing without the fans' speel then, after choosing to lock them out of games for a second season in a row out of convenience. 

It's not surprising that no games have been shifted this weekend because SPFL clubs have long since demonstrated the utter contempt with which they treat their customer base. 

I’m surprised you aren’t more sympathetic towards that stance, then, given the utter contempt that you have for anything and everything on here and elsewhere.     😜

1 hour ago, virginton said:

That would be a perfectly fair point if it was Morton's home game. Morton aren't choosing to lock anyone out here and don't stand to gain financially from a re-schedule.

If it had been at Cappielow and they hadn't at least asked Ayr and the SPFL, they would have had to justify their actions to the supporters. As it is, they don't.

That would be a perfectly fair point if it was Morton's home game. Morton aren't choosing to lock anyone out here and don't stand to gain financially from a re-schedule.
If it had been at Cappielow and they hadn't at least asked Ayr and the SPFL, they would have had to justify their actions to the supporters. As it is, they don't.

They could still have asked if we’d consider moving the game. Surely asking for the game to be moved so that a number of away fans could attend is a good example of putting the fans first. Even more so when as you say there is no financial benefit.

As it is I’d imagine neither club was particularly fussed about having a full house so just left it as it is.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They could still have asked if we’d consider moving the game. Surely asking for the game to be moved so that a number of away fans could attend is a good example of putting the fans first. Even more so when as you say there is no financial benefit.

As it is I’d imagine neither club was particularly fussed about having a full house so just left it as it is.

Home team's prerogative. If Morton were to ask, they'd have to ask privately, otherwise it could be construed as meddling/embarrassing Ayr.

Bottom line is that Ayr weren't fussed (and I'm sure compensation plays some role in that), so the game stays where it is.

Home team's prerogative. If Morton were to ask, they'd have to ask privately, otherwise it could be construed as meddling/embarrassing Ayr.
Bottom line is that Ayr weren't fussed (and I'm sure compensation plays some role in that), so the game stays where it is.

Surely it’s neither teams prerogative and it’s down to both teams to try and reach an agreement. We obviously weren’t arsed and by the looks of things neither were Morton. If your owners or whoever they are were so interested in what’s best for the fans then they could’ve very easily asked the question privately. At worst we say no and MCT can peddle the line to the fans that they tried their very hardest.