Staggies v Steelmen, 18th Jan

38 minutes ago, beesher said:

Big Bevis can absolutely cruise through about 80% of games but still turn in an absolutely brutal performance every now and then. Tonight is one of those nights.

Always feel he needs about 3 games to spin up to full speed after a game or two out, and.. yeah. Bad.

Poor first half from County, so delighted with the lead at half time. Would have happily taken a point from the game when the equaliser went in and even more so when we went down to 10 men.  What a turn around though to win 3-1.

Get RCC on a new contract ASAP!

Well done to the management and players, another great result. Congratulations to you all and enjoy the rest of your night.

Just watched the Alexander interview and he is rightly raging. Never seen him so angry. All that said our players seem well capable of turning is utter garbage performances. He seems to protect them which on the face of it is good man management. But I hope this time he tears a strip of them and several players who think they just need to turn up. 

No offence to County but at 1-1 and with a one man advantage not many teams sitting 4th in the table go on to lose 3-1.  Sadly why I think top 6 is a distinct possibility Europe is a pipe dream. Aberdeen and Hibs will soon overtake us unless we grow a pair.

Too many players are distinctly average and I think as good a Manager as GA is he has been protecting them from criticism. That should end tonite 🤬

Poor first half from us but what grit and determination after going down to 10 , fair play to Beaton he got the penalty and red card decisions bang on the money.

Drysdale looked assured on his debut, I was also very impressed with Samuel. Running out of words to describe cook! He was excellent once again and got his rewards 

some strike by Roberts too, van veen was the only motherwell player I thought looked decent enough

7 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

He's gone in studs up, it's a red every day of the week.

7 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I've missed the replay but I initially thought he'd got the ball with his leading leg and it was his following leg that was a bit higher but I could well be wrong. I notice the Motherwell lad is thankfully up and about running freely.

I've seen a replay of the incident now and I'll stick with my original feeling that it was a harsh red card.

Tillson gets to the ball first, minimal if any contact with the Motherwell player who is late to the ball. The ref is far too quick to reach for the red and I feel he's responding to the Motherwell reaction to the challenge, rather than the challenge itself. The body-check that finished Cancola's game was worse imo.

I'm glad to hear that County are planning to appeal the decision.

3 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I've seen a replay of the incident now and I'll stick with my original feeling that it was a harsh red card.

Tillson gets to the ball first, minimal if any contact with the Motherwell player who is late to the ball. The ref is far too quick to reach for the red and I feel he's responding to the Motherwell reaction to the challenge, rather than the challenge itself. The body-check that finished Cancola's game was worse imo.

I'm glad to hear that County are planning to appeal the decision.

I’ll disagree with you. I think it’s a shocker, and the fact he plays the ball doesn’t mitigate the force that he follows through at.  A red all day long for me.   No chance they should win the appeal, but ever since Scott Brown got away with nearly killing Liam Boyce, I have no idea how the appeals process works. 

I’m no fan of the manager, but it’d be churlish to say that isn’t as good a result as the team have produced in some time.  Really not at all convinced by the keeper though. 

12 hours ago, sophia said:

Is that Jason Roberts, the ex Caley Thistle player?

11 hours ago, dezz said:

It sure is. He signed from Hearts on a permanent deal until the summer after being at us on loan since last Jan.

Jordan Roberts shirley?

Plenty been said about Motherwell's performance after it went 10v11, so no need for me to add anything other than shocking. 

Fair play to Ross County, they more than deserved the win last night. Really impressed with Charles-Cook again. He scored at Fir Park as well, didn't he? I'm sure there'll be plenty of interested clubs if he's out of contract at the end of the season, but I hope we're one of them. 

I can't believe there's folk saying that wasn't a red card for County last night. O'Donnell lucky to stay on the park last night too. 

11 hours ago, RiG said:

Jordan Roberts shirley?

Yes indeed, Jordan. He took his goal well.

Poor Bevis Mugabi, to be left on his behind by Regan Charles-Cook for the first and to give away a lumbering penalty for the winner was not a good night's work.

Just in from the game.

Bizarre one really - the only two things I'll remember with any fondness were Roberts' goal and the look on Alexander's face when he headed up the tunnel at half time and the end.

County have consistently been a tough team to play against for us and it was noticeable last night that they weren't getting bullied at set pieces the way most teams are against us.

Really hoping that this is like the Rangers and Dundee games in that we learn something and go on a decent run afterwards....