Staggies v Steelmen, 18th Jan

On 12/01/2022 at 16:40, The Great Stagsby said:

Thanks to friends with spare tickets, I have made it along to 4 games at the Global Energy stadium so far this season, and I will be there again for this one. When hospitality has been included, we have picked up a mightily impressive 4 points from 2 games. Without hospitality, a measly 3 points from 2 games.

So forget your team selection, tactics, thoughts on the opposition, etc… the key question ahead of this one is:

Who’s buying me dinner?

Safe to say financial fair play and RC don't exactly go hand in hand.

2-0 to the good guys, Tony Watt double to silence the naesayers, Van Veen to sit on the ball, Alexander sent to stand.

On 12/01/2022 at 16:40, The Great Stagsby said:

Thanks to friends with spare tickets, I have made it along to 4 games at the Global Energy stadium so far this season, and I will be there again for this one. When hospitality has been included, we have picked up a mightily impressive 4 points from 2 games. Without hospitality, a measly 3 points from 2 games.

So forget your team selection, tactics, thoughts on the opposition, etc… the key question ahead of this one is:

Who’s buying me dinner?

48 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Safe to say financial fair play and RC don't exactly go hand in hand.

I may be missing something… are you suggesting that somebody using a spare ticket to take their mate to a game is somehow an example of an absence of financial fair play…?!

15 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

2-0 to the good guys, Tony Watt double to silence the naesayers, Van Veen to sit on the ball, Alexander sent to stand.

I'll be looking forward to that, two og's from Watt will have the weegies squeeling at the new United striker. With that and Van Veen sitting on a ball it's no wonder Alexander will be sent to the stand.  Btw, what bookies do you use, I'm having trouble getting a price on this from McBookie?

Imo it'll be a 1-1 draw, with both teams pissed off at the referee.

I have invested my money for this Tuesday night on-line extravaganza, new look Motherwell to come out of the blocks hard and fast.   After going 0-1 up will we push on for a second or test the fitness of everyone who could ever be considered to be a centre half.  We can put on an extra 5 of them.

County are an improving side but I reckon Well players will be strongly motivated to re-establish a building momentum, put a wider gap between themselves and the following pack and, maybe most importantly, prove that there is life after Tony Watt. 3-1 the Steelmen.

11 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Surprised no Tierney or Shaw, or slattery. Same team as livi though which rings true. Two keepers on the bench. You would think you'd be better off with an outfield player.

Unless there are no more outfield players? I found the Shaw and Tierney exclusions quite weird as well once I noticed the two goalies. 

1 minute ago, Swello said:

No ojala either - feels vaguely covid-y

Surely the only answer going by the exclusions and two keepers listed on the bench?

Morrison as the 5th sub to come on as a centre half in the 75th minute and help us see out a 1-0 win.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I wonder who has fallen foul of the mid season break thunderdome, there is bound to be a midfielder or forward missing.  The defence has options for all 4 positions, any four will do.

The new guys not up to the training regime it would appear.

Tierney definitely did have covid, he spoke about it on an interview with some Irish podcast so maybe hasn’t had time to get up to speed. Ojala is made of chocolate so probably broke again and who knows about Shaw.

Decent start from County. We're going to get zero off White running balls of the top/down the channel against Mugabi, he's rapid for a big lad.

Edited by Comrie