Table topper clash: Cove vs Montrose

Saturday is the crunch match at the top of League 1, a win for either side could be pivotal in the automatic promotion push. Previous two league encounters have both been draws.

Cove go into the game coming off of 8 straight league wins, 9 wins and 2 draws in their last 11 league fixtures and unbeaten in 14 in all competitions. Montrose, who have the leagues tightest defence with only 17 conceded in 21 games, are unbeaten in 17 matches (out-with ET & pens).

I hope we have a full squad to choose because we'll need it. A new signing wouldn't go a miss either but haven't even heard the faintest of rumours yet.

Mitch back is a must if we want to get something out of the game. Without him the last 2 games , we looked depleted up top and void of creativity. Regular starters Fyvie, Scott Ross and Scully missed the last match and should come back into contention.

Mo have added Gardyne, who undoubtedly, will prove a successful signing and propel them in the right direction in the 2nd half of the season. Elijah Simpson also recently added to the squad and supposedly has the attributes to cause defences problems.

For me, I'm looking forward to seeing the width on display. Mo with Steeves and Gardyne on the left and Cammy and Webster on the right. For us, we have Harry and Masson on the left and Shay and Yule on the right. I expect Yule to be punted out to the right as PH will play golden boy Vigurs alongside Fyvie in the middle I expect. The latter an area we must try and control.

Expect it to be very tight again, just hope for Cove's sake that Mitch's quality is the difference on the day.

* Gone for a Cove win on the prediction thread but a draw probably most likely; a Mo win could easily happen.

37 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Saturday is the crunch match at the top of League 1, a win for either side could be pivotal in the automatic promotion push. Previous two league encounters have both been draws.

Another one of those on Saturday, please and thank-you. 

9 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Another one of those on Saturday, please and thank-you. 

A very likely probability of that happening. Wouldn't be a bad result for us, far from it but we'll want to extend the gap. After Mo we have Sons away and then a difficult run which could cement our place atop of the league or put us back in the pack

Airdrie (H)

QP (A)

Falkirk (H)

Alloa (A)

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

A very likely probability of that happening. Wouldn't be a bad result for us, far from it but we'll want to extend the gap. After Mo we have Sons away and then a difficult run which could cement our place atop of the league or put us back in the pack

Airdrie (H)

QP (A)

Falkirk (H)

Alloa (A)

Aye, it'd be a huge win for either side, but an even bigger defeat if that makes sense, which makes you think a draw might end up being the result right enough. Montrose need the win more than Cove do, you'd wager. 

That is a tough run, for sure, and will go some way to either cementing Cove as champions in waiting, or see them faltering in the teeth of a tough run. 

Similar for us; we follow our game on Saturday with a re-arranged visit to Clyde midweek (after cup weekend) before two testing away trips; Queens Park then obviously yourselves, before we welcome Montrose to our bit. 

Big day across the division this week, though, that's for sure. 

8 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove go into the game coming off of 8 straight league wins, 9 wins and 2 draws in their last 11 league fixtures and unbeaten in 14 in all competitions. Montrose, who have the leagues tightest defence with only 17 conceded in 21 games, are unbeaten in 17 matches (out-with ET & pens).

I hope we have a full squad to choose because we'll need it. A new signing wouldn't go a miss either but haven't even heard the faintest of rumours yet.

Mitch back is a must if we want to get something out of the game. Without him the last 2 games , we looked depleted up top and void of creativity. Regular starters Fyvie, Scott Ross and Scully missed the last match and should come back into contention.

Mo have added Gardyne, who undoubtedly, will prove a successful signing and propel them in the right direction in the 2nd half of the season. Elijah Simpson also recently added to the squad and supposedly has the attributes to cause defences problems.

For me, I'm looking forward to seeing the width on display. Mo with Steeves and Gardyne on the left and Cammy and Webster on the right. For us, we have Harry and Masson on the left and Shay and Yule on the right. I expect Yule to be punted out to the right as PH will play golden boy Vigurs alongside Fyvie in the middle I expect. The latter an area we must try and control.

Expect it to be very tight again, just hope for Cove's sake that Mitch's quality is the difference on the day.

* Gone for a Cove win on the prediction thread but a draw probably most likely; a Mo win could easily happen.

Do Cove have 500 season ticket holders, or is there a possibility of getting into this?

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Do Cove have 500 season ticket holders, or is there a possibility of getting into this?

Less than 500 ST holders I believe. Says home support only for Saturday but not sure how they are validating that. If not at all, I'm sure there will be one or two undercover Mo fans there. 

Here's the link for completeness.

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/01/11/next-up-montrose-h/?s=09

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I've heard their is quite a few Mo fans bought tickets for this one and why not biggest game of the season and just up the road.

Tough game indeed for Montrose but nothing to fear,Cove a right good side 1st position in the league and the team to catch at the moment.

As for the game Im going for 1-1 tight affair with both teams not giving much away.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Less than 500 ST holders I believe. Says home support only for Saturday but not sure how they are validating that. If not at all, I'm sure there will be one or two undercover Mo fans there. 

Aye, wouldn't have thought a few away fans would be a problem.  Although perhaps the stewards will be watching out for people wearing blue-and-white scarfs and talking with north-east accents...

Just got my ticket there, should be a good match.  

4 minutes ago, resk said:

Aye, wouldn't have thought a few away fans would be a problem.  Although perhaps the stewards will be watching out for people wearing blue-and-white scarfs and talking with north-east accents...

🤔

4 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Here's the link for completeness.

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/01/11/next-up-montrose-h/?s=09

Cheers.

Every game on Saturday is a tough challenge for everyone, and this is no exception.

I put everyone in the League 1 prediction with a draw, because it's so tight.

Dumbarton / East Fife, Airdrie / Falkirk, Alloa /QP, Cove / Mo, Peterhead / Clyde.

This has to be the most unpredictable Saturday of the season.

I'm quietly confident for the Mo, but a draw is a strong possibility, but it could be snatched either way

Tickets still available which is a pity because a game of this magnitude deserves a bigger crowd.
If tickets had been available to Mo fans I'm sure we would have taken a fair crowd up.
How they can distinguish fans apart will be intriguing. Soon find out ;)

20 hours ago, resk said:

Aye, this could be a problem for the Cove fans only Police 🙂 

Better go under cover, without Mo gear

20 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Tickets still available which is a pity because a game of this magnitude deserves a bigger crowd.
If tickets had been available to Mo fans I'm sure we would have taken a fair crowd up.
How they can distinguish fans apart will be intriguing. Soon find out ;)

Tickets still available as of this evening (Thursday).

monday-smile-book-early-avoid-disappointment-original.jpg

On 12/01/2022 at 10:24, resk said:

Accent is fine right up until Montrose. Montrose is the cut off point. It’s the one thing they’ve got going for them, they sound normal. As soon as you go north of Montrose though some kind of strange Doric language appears

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Accent is fine right up until Montrose. Montrose is the cut off point. It’s the one thing they’ve got going for them, they sound normal. As soon as you go north of Montrose though some kind of strange Doric language appears

I da ken fit yer spikkin aboot min.