Wasps vs Spiders

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

Yesterday was the ninth time in the league season where we’ve been ahead in a game and not won. Incredible, really.

Which equates to 18 points dropped. Astounding stat considering we’re only 19 games in 

It was Jock Stein who said he never saw a fan jump the barriers and improve the team performance, and that goes for the Alloa boo boys. We were up against a good, technical, team today, who scored a fluky goal, but a bit of pressure from Alloa got us an equaliser.

The manager is trying to strengthen in this window but is getting outbid, refusals, etc. Give him a chance guys, he’s doing his best.
Someone's comment from Facebook. Which I thought was bold but interesting. 
At the end of the day the management will be given time to do their job.
Negativity is not a good long term motivator and it's a negative spiral, we'll be moon-howling like across the river soon.
Turning on Paddy whether he was in the right or wrong, who's given 10+ years to Alloa is pretty distasteful. His part in all our successes is not half forgotten quickly.
Yesterday was a good point against a good team with the tinge of disappointment because we need every scrap we can get and it was there to be taken. Nothing more, nothing less and you've got a pretty balanced view.

I would suggest nobody turned on Paddy he took it upon himself or was instructed by someone to speak to fans, the fact he was shouting about not backing the team was meet with a barrage of questions about the poor team selection for game, the fact Henderson looked like Boris Johnston as he was so isolated up top. Refused to advise if Leighton armour or Lamont have been reported as missing person to the police.

He also would not comment on the managers media interests

He was also told The silence from the club this season is embarrassing at the moment about the club should be letting fans know what is happening.

With your comments about Facebook there is nothing bold I can see by anyone, the clubs Twitter feed is usually more embarrassing

59 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

I would suggest nobody turned on Paddy he took it upon himself or was instructed by someone to speak to fans, the fact he was shouting about not backing the team was meet with a barrage of questions about the poor team selection for game, the fact Henderson looked like Boris Johnston as he was so isolated up top. Refused to advise if Leighton armour or Lamont have been reported as missing person to the police.

He also would not comment on the managers media interests

He was also told The silence from the club this season is embarrassing at the moment about the club should be letting fans know what is happening.

With your comments about Facebook there is nothing bold I can see by anyone, the clubs Twitter feed is usually more embarrassing

Can anyone decipher this for me? 

Boris Johnston = isolated. Pretty sure he's in the news for not doing that.

Because having another job outwith your part time job is normal.

Let fans know what's happening? Training twice a week and a game on the Saturday, usually. 

??

14 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Let fans know what's happening? Training twice a week and a game on the Saturday, usually. 

??

As an employee of the club you should perhaps take a leaf out the managers book, say little or nothing.

For all the good you do (credit where due) , snide comments like the one above don't go anyway to turning the present tide of unrest toward the club. Don't feel you should be the spokesperson for managememt or board. That is their job.

18 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

As an employee of the club you should perhaps take a leaf out the managers book, say little or nothing.

For all the good you do (credit where due) , snide comments like the one above don't go anyway to turning the present tide of unrest toward the club. Don't feel you should be the spokesperson for managememt or board. That is their job.

I make the point especially because you said Paddy should be emptied. I disagree with that totally.

The people that work for the club are no less fans than the people in the stands.

There's completely valid reasons to why Paddy is telling fans to encourage the team and ignores the whataboutery of the reply questions.

Personally I heard from the stand yesterday. "Please QP score so we can just get rid of him."  How much of a distraction is that during a game?

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

I make the point especially because you said Paddy should be emptied. I disagree with that totally.

The people that work for the club are no less fans than the people in the stands.

There's completely valid reasons to why Paddy is telling fans to encourage the team and ignores the whataboutery of the reply questions.

Personally I heard from the stand yesterday. "Please QP score so we can just get rid of him."  How much of a distraction is that during a game?

Unfortunately the final paragraph is the way many feel. I do not for one minute think the vast majority of people behind the scenes are not fans. However, I'd put a large wager on the fact the managements chosen supported team is not Alloa Athletic. 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Which equates to 18 points dropped. Astounding stat considering we’re only 19 games in 

Even worse, Is it not 20 points dropped from winning positions as we went on to lose against Alloa and Peterhead? 

1 minute ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Unfortunately the final paragraph is the way many feel. I do not for one minute think the vast majority of people behind the scenes are not fans. However, I'd put a large wager on the fact the managements chosen supported team is not Alloa Athletic. 

And ultimately the manager will be judged by his performance but actively trying to provoke him isn't helpful in the meantime. And I have my headphones on most of the time, but I've heard folk during other games telling the players how shite they are. 

Last year Peter Grant left because he didn't meet his target. Now our stated aim, winning the title was probably too ambitious. We still have the chance at least to finish 4th. I think last night on Clyde 1 Ferguson said with performances like that we can finish 4th. I'd imagine making the playoffs is the bare minimum expectation. for where we should be competing.

So we should be content with things and not criticise ? its not just us its Clyde Fans and Kelty fans , i personally do not shout at players 

as it is negative , but are you telling us that we have turned a corner and its all going to be hunky dory ?

Feedback from the Fans is all part of the game justified or not . Some fans express the love for the club when they believe it is being mismanaged 

in the only way they can ,

yes paddy aught not be emptied , but in time i think the fans eager to see BF go will be justified 

I understand that @LeodhasXD has to watch what he says as he is close to the club in his position,  but there are posters on here who want to see changes who are obviously not of the kneejerk reaction types and are well experienced enough to see the obvious . 

37 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

So we should be content with things and not criticise ? its not just us its Clyde Fans and Kelty fans , i personally do not shout at players 

as it is negative , but are you telling us that we have turned a corner and its all going to be hunky dory ?

Feedback from the Fans is all part of the game justified or not . Some fans express the love for the club when they believe it is being mismanaged 

in the only way they can ,

yes paddy aught not be emptied , but in time i think the fans eager to see BF go will be justified 

I understand that @LeodhasXD has to watch what he says as he is close to the club in his position,  but there are posters on here who want to see changes who are obviously not of the kneejerk reaction types and are well experienced enough to see the obvious . 

What I was saying is we will either meet the target or we won't. And I'd imagine once you know where you stand you can assess why it went wrong and build from there.

In the time we're waiting for that we can either be a hindrance and dish out all the unfair criticism we feel is justified. The place becomes toxic like it is just now.

Or we can enjoy the moments (perhaps in isolation) where we are a functional team and point out where there is constructive criticism to be given about how we're playing (because we're not yet 2010 Barcelona). But that's not what's being said.

If we'd played the last two games in the manner of Airdrie and Cove Rangers there's legitimate reason to be terrified about how we're going to stack up but we've again came out and improved against Queen's Park and Montrose.

49 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

And ultimately the manager will be judged by his performance but actively trying to provoke him isn't helpful in the meantime. And I have my headphones on most of the time, but I've heard folk during other games telling the players how shite they are. 

Last year Peter Grant left because he didn't meet his target. Now our stated aim, winning the title was probably too ambitious. We still have the chance at least to finish 4th. I think last night on Clyde 1 Ferguson said with performances like that we can finish 4th. I'd imagine making the playoffs is the bare minimum expectation. for where we should be competing.

That’s pretty concerning if that’s what he truly believes - yesterday we played really well for around a 15 minute spell at the start of the 2nd half and for the last 5 or so minutes after Sammon came on we looked like potentially scoring. Outwith that we were pretty gash again, especially in that first half. 

Would totally disagree with him that will be enough to get us up to forth. When games in hand are taken in to account we are going to be around 9 or 10 points off 4th - getting 20 minutes of a performance out the team each week isn’t going to close that gap. 

I agree that winning the league was too lofty an expectation, and not one I had personally, but challenging for a playoff place should have been expected. I personally haven’t really heard any shouts at players (I’m sure I commented a few weeks back how as a fan base we don’t typically get on the players backs) and everything is directed at Ferguson with the odd shout aimed at Malcolm. 

22 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

That’s pretty concerning if that’s what he truly believes - yesterday we played really well for around a 15 minute spell at the start of the 2nd half and for the last 5 or so minutes after Sammon came on we looked like potentially scoring. Outwith that we were pretty gash again, especially in that first half. 

Would totally disagree with him that will be enough to get us up to forth. When games in hand are taken in to account we are going to be around 9 or 10 points off 4th - getting 20 minutes of a performance out the team each week isn’t going to close that gap. 

I agree that winning the league was too lofty an expectation, and not one I had personally, but challenging for a playoff place should have been expected. I personally haven’t really heard any shouts at players (I’m sure I commented a few weeks back how as a fan base we don’t typically get on the players backs) and everything is directed at Ferguson with the odd shout aimed at Malcolm. 

I don't think either team was massively great yesterday. Highlights being 8 ish minutes is a good indication of the lack of action but we might well have grabbed a win had King scored. And on the flipside Smith might have scored a much simpler goal and we'd struggle to break QP down.

And again... It's only a worldy we've conceded so functionally in defence we're not that bad.

??

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Indeed he should be.  From where I stand or sit I haven't heard anyone trying to provoke him. I'd hope he'd rise above that considering his experience in an OF cauldron. 

The stated aim was never going to be achieved but I thought we'd have made a better fight than the position we find ourselves in. Had other teams not been so poor our position would look far more perilous. I don't see us reaching the play offs on the season so far, regrettable but my wish is we don't find ourselves in the play off that we all dread. If that occurs I would expect the performance and expectation issue to be addressed.

Lets face it, he won't walk as this will most probably be his last managerial gig. 

If we keep this management team you can have as many targets as you want but they are only of any use if ther is a reasonable chance of them being achieved. 

We did get a draw yesterday but Queens Park were the better team and played much better than us. Our football has been brutal to watch this season. It was an improvement from Airdrie and Cove but that was a very low marker. 

Nobody wants a toxic atmosphere at the Recs but while this management team are here that is the reality.

I would personally rather let Ferguson know I am not happy than say nothing at all.