Wasps vs Spiders

40 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I thought QP probably deserved their half-time lead. Andy should have dealt with the initial ball better but it was a terrific strike from Smith. We started the second half really well with plenty urgency and the goal was merited. Disappointing we then began to sit off again. Smith missed a sitter for QP then Ferrie had the great double stop, albeit King should have scored. Draw probably fair. 

Two underachieving sides given the money spent on them. From an Alloa point of view it isn't a bad result. At the same time QP are struggling and we've done better against teams like them who play pretty open. Perhaps a missed opportunity in that respect. We'll need to start beating the sides who sit in, ie those around us in the table, otherwise we are going to be in serious bother. 

Disagree, but it's all about opinions  A point at home with the finance and resource available from a team who have been in the championship is abysmal. Full time QP might be an excuse but look at Arbroath. Shambolic, we are in serious bother! 

As for sending agent Paddy......... another absolute joke. All need emptied now.

3 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Disagree, but it's all about opinions  A point at home with the finance and resource available from a team who have been in the championship is abysmal. Full time QP might be an excuse but look at Arbroath. Shambolic, we are in serious bother! 

As for sending agent Paddy......... another absolute joke. All need emptied now.

Overall our season has certainly been shite for a team with our resources. Today however we were up against a side with a bigger budget, albeit one that are also performing below the level they should be. I don't think 1-1 is a bad result. It's certainly much better than many of our other results.

That doesn't mean I saw any evidence of progress. And I still don't believe there is any hope for us as long as Ferguson is in charge. 

Pretty much a middle of the table clash; certainly not good enough from a QP perspective. To die a death after so much pressure in the first half - very disappointing. We're not a force up front, end of story. With even one of Cove's two up front, we'd at least be battling for second place.

Solid at the back again, which is encouraging. Ferrie's save was top drawer. 

Great to be back at a game, though, and the cheeseburger was top notch.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Dull and entirely predictable. I don’t know if the players have had the individuality coached out of them or if they’re just not bursting their arses to win games. Today was just a continuation of the beige, soft touch, characterless shite we’ve been watching for months.

At the start of the season, Liam Brown was driving forward, making forward passes. Connell was a goal threat who could play a killer pass. They’re guys who can create. Why are they playing so ridiculously deep? McHugh gets some legitimate criticism, but he’s farting against thunder as a lone striker. He’s having to come way back towards the halfway line to look for the ball. When it’s played long and he’s trying to hold it up or knock it on, there’s absolutely nobody buzzing around him. Charlie Fox, a centre half, looked our best footballer today.

We need to start playing to the strengths of the players we have, rather than trying to be too clever. Not blaming Beuker. He’s just in the door, but there’s just a really laboured feel about the whole thing. We need two or three in or we can forget the playoffs, which would be an absolute embarrassment for this group of players. Some need to be played in roles that suit them and benefit the team, others needs a rocket up the arse. Not good enough.

2 hours ago, Alloamad said:

That was dire!! One up top is no use when that player is as lazy as Henderson. Although Andy should have done better at their goal it came from Hendo not putting in a challenge in their half. I’d boot his arse and knock some of that laziness out him if I was in charge.
Ferguson really needs to have a look at how he sets us up, I could take being in a relegation battle if we were having a go but it’s so defensive. Get an equaliser, sit in. Bring on a striker, shift the other striker to left mid. Boring and no wonder we’ve not won since October. Just let the boys loose and have a good go at teams, they are more than good enough.
Unpleasant scenes to witness at the end with Paddy, he’s not who should have been in that position.
Just wish Ferguson would f**k off, it’s been shit since he came in emoji17.png Had Peter Grant had any backing last year I’m sure we’d still be in the championship. Grim times to be following the Wasps.

We won't have to worry about Henderson being lazy any longer,according to most people in the know regarding Hearts,he's probably being recalled by Hearts,so today was possibly his last game for us.He played like someone on his way out anyway.So guess we'll be looking forward to derby games with Stirling next season,oh joy.But i won't be there.This season has been a complete disaster and they don't deserve my cash or attendance.

Edited by Alloa 68

I can only agree with my fellow supporters' comments. It beggars belief to sack a manager on the last day of last year without a replacement lined up when we are facing the most important four weeks of our season. If rumours are true and we won't have anyone in place until March we will miss the opportunity to attempt to bring in much needed reinforcements. We have no fit strikers and with the possible exception of Baynham we have no strikers at all. What do we need to find urgently, not a young midfielder who has shown little while on loan? Who has the contacts? Who has the authority? Having praised the pre match review for giving out information we line up without Longridge, Moore, Morrison, and no mention of Baynham. It appears we are happy to sacrifice our season for the right man to be found. Sorry, but even if that were to be Gardiola that is not good enough. I am sick of being played the fool. I love supporting Queen's Park and have done through thick and thin for 65 years. I have criticised committees in the past but recognise that they have all been QP men. I doubt if Haughey, Dempster, and their hangers on give a tuppeny jot about QP. It is all about career moves. Having had a season ticket for 50 years or so this will be the last season they get any money out of me up front. I have had enough.

As it stands the only way we are going to score goals is by an individual piece of brilliance (like today) or from a set piece. We did on ocassion today look dangerous when running at the defence but the end product always seems to be poor with too much ball watching instead of getting involved - are we so full of ourselves that unless a goal is perfectly manufactured then it's not good enough?. 

Pretty horizontal passing in our own half or thereabouts does not open up defences and there needs to be players that commit - I for one, at this stage, would take any kind of win just to get back on the rails as the pack below are beginning to threaten our chance of even a play off place.

Never thought I'd hear myself saying this but oh for a Rory....

A strange game today, we were utterly dreadful for the vast majority of it but still probably deserved a point. We're a really hard watch at the moment, the constant long balls over the top are not remotely working and it just invites more pressure on to us when we're already sitting too deep. When we do stay playing football we are much better but unfortunately as soon as we scored today we retreated back again and reverted to long balls.

A few folk have suggested that Henderson is lazy but he has an absolutely thankless task trying to get on the end of balls launched from the back. It's a tactic that can work against a team like Falkirk who are chronically slow at the back but Queens Park have plenty of pace so it's always going to be tough.

I understand Paddy Connolly is going to be frustrated but running over to argue with fans puts him into a no win situation. He ended up in an argument with a few guys who had shouted a bit, but not with the ones who had shouted most. Plus the shouts I heard were almost exclusively at the manager not the players. He said that the shouting is having an impact on the players and impacting on their confidence but I suspect that the horrendous way that we set up, which doesn't allow our talented players to play, is far more to blame. 

5 minutes ago, Dink said:

I understand Paddy Connolly is going to be frustrated but running over to argue with fans puts him into a no win situation. He ended up in an argument with a few guys who had shouted a bit, but not with the ones who had shouted most. Plus the shouts I heard were almost exclusively at the manager not the players. He said that the shouting is having an impact on the players and impacting on their confidence but I suspect that the horrendous way that we set up, which doesn't allow our talented players to play, is far more to blame

He is just as bad as the Chuckle brothers, been here to long get shot as well. He cannae even pick the right guys to argue with!🤣

The players are not impacted by the fans at all. It's the manager they are not playing for cos even they have had enough of him. 

32 minutes ago, Dink said:

I understand Paddy Connolly is going to be frustrated but running over to argue with fans puts him into a no win situation. He ended up in an argument with a few guys who had shouted a bit, but not with the ones who had shouted most. Plus the shouts I heard were almost exclusively at the manager not the players. He said that the shouting is having an impact on the players and impacting on their confidence but I suspect that the horrendous way that we set up, which doesn't allow our talented players to play, is far more to blame. 

Absolutely spot on Dink, our management team need to concentrate on getting us out of this shambles not arguing with the fans.

Paddy Connelly has been a big part of some our most successful teams of recent years and I certainly have no issue with his passion for the club. He made his point and we made ours, don't agree with what he said but entitled to his opinion. 

11 hours ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

He is just as bad as the Chuckle brothers, been here to long get shot as well. He cannae even pick the right guys to argue with!🤣

The players are not impacted by the fans at all. It's the manager they are not playing for cos even they have had enough of him. 

Just read this again as the ire building within me is ruining my weeks. For Connolly to be sent over by the manager (who apparently can speak well in other media forums), is an absolute outrage. If Mr Connolly has so much care for the club he'd be making his feelings known to the manager and board!

To blame fans is an insult to those who have paid hard earned cash into this club for many years. I agree there is a line that should not be crossed verbally toward staff however the manager, and looks like our chairman (whom I have a lot of respect for), appear to think they are above criticism. Wish I could switch off from the whole thing but as all fans know that is an impossibility. 

It was Jock Stein who said he never saw a fan jump the barriers and improve the team performance, and that goes for the Alloa boo boys. We were up against a good, technical, team today, who scored a fluky goal, but a bit of pressure from Alloa got us an equaliser.

The manager is trying to strengthen in this window but is getting outbid, refusals, etc. Give him a chance guys, he’s doing his best.

Someone's comment from Facebook. Which I thought was bold but interesting. 

At the end of the day the management will be given time to do their job.
Negativity is not a good long term motivator and it's a negative spiral, we'll be moon-howling like across the river soon.
Turning on Paddy whether he was in the right or wrong, who's given 10+ years to Alloa is pretty distasteful. His part in all our successes is not half forgotten quickly.

Yesterday was a good point against a good team with the tinge of disappointment because we need every scrap we can get and it was there to be taken. Nothing more, nothing less and you've got a pretty balanced view.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Negativity is not a good long term motivator and it's a negative spiral, we'll be moon-howling like across the river soon.
Turning on Paddy whether he was in the right or wrong, who's given 10+ years to Alloa is pretty distasteful. His part in all our successes is not half forgotten quickly.

Yesterday was a good point against a good team with the tinge of disappointment because we need every scrap we can get and it was there to be taken. Nothing more, nothing less and you've got a pretty balanced view.

Yes it's all the fans fault we are playing awful football, sitting a point above the relegation play off and there is a real dislike for the management team. 

Negativity isn't good but nether is blind optimism.

When you are paying £18 to watch that rubbish people are entitled to vent at the Manager (which he said to do earlier in the season if not happy). 

As I said before not got anything against Paddy he is the only one of our s**t management team that gets a pass from me.

However blaming the fans who were shouting at Ferguson, not individual players is Boris Johnson deflection tactics from our management team.

It's not the awful recruitment, lack of tactics, terrible man management and failure to build on a good inherited team.

Edited by Magic Hat

Just watched the highlights (thanks LeodhasXD)to see if anything of note I had missed yesterday. Ferrie’s save prior to the goal was very poor. Had enough hand on the ball to push to the side rather than into the path of the striker. Other than that, it was as poor as I saw. Fox the standout closely followed by Robson, arguably our best attacker of the day. Both he and Doyle put in a healthy number of good crosses to the six yard area where our pedestrian strike force casually watched. None of the midfield three had any influence at all on the game which was particularly disappointing as I thought the new management team would excite them enough to be special again. Terrific goal by Smith. Awful miss by Smith. Overall, industrious, lacking composure etc etc.

I note though from a couple of other posters that Laurie Ellis, who seemingly couldn’t get players working for him, sneakily cast an Apathy spell over the playing group before he left two weeks ago and that explained the lacking of lustre. Hopefully that’s worn off by next week. Let’s hope the new AZ Hibs combo can spark a fire.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Fair point from a Scottish football legend (Mr Stein, not the author). 

I do hope the refusals are for footballing reasons and not what they've heard about the management style!

From what I've observed of the management team there has been a fair bit of negativity in various shapes and forms.

Turning on Parry who gave such a lot to the club was quite distasteful as is the treatment of a lot of last years squad. So it does balance itself out.