Wasps vs Spiders

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Decent match preview for once with information on the squad. Still concerned that there is no mention of Will Baynham. I am quite concerned for him. Does anyone know more on his situation?

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/alloa-match-preview/

Must agree it makes such a difference to have somebody talking sense, instead of the usual guff about "working hard......training hard.....looking forward to the game", and also to have a mention on player availability.

No Covid worries for this week apparently , but seems Murray is out for this one , and a first mention of Lyon for ages;suggesting he's still at the club.

I share your concern for Baynham, asume it must be something serious following on from his head injury (I think) in his last game.

It'll be interesting to see what differences , if any, manifest themselves in tactics and attitude.

Keepin the faith for a much needed victory.

Decent first half but yet again an absolutely atrocious display after half time.

You just knew an Alloa goal was coming after we didn’t touch the ball for a full 5 minutes. If it wasn’t for Calum Ferries performance and the fact that a couple of Alloa chances thankfully fell to Adam King then we’d have lost.

Ferrie, Fox, and Robson are the only ones who get pass marks from me today. Playing McHugh is like being a man down, we desperately need to bring another striker in ASAP. Gillespie was very poor today too and did nothing but give the ball away all day. Incredibly disappointing performance, especially in the second half.

Edited by Zanetti

Well that was yet another s**t performance from us today. 

The football we play is f****g awful and Ferguson doesn't have a clue. 

He could well be the worst Manager we have had in my almost 40 years of supporting Alloa. 

Wonder when Bob Malcolm will come to confront the fans.

I thought QP probably deserved their half-time lead. Andy should have dealt with the initial ball better but it was a terrific strike from Smith. We started the second half really well with plenty urgency and the goal was merited. Disappointing we then began to sit off again. Smith missed a sitter for QP then Ferrie had the great double stop, albeit King should have scored. Draw probably fair. 

Two underachieving sides given the money spent on them. From an Alloa point of view it isn't a bad result. At the same time QP are struggling and we've done better against teams like them who play pretty open. Perhaps a missed opportunity in that respect. We'll need to start beating the sides who sit in, ie those around us in the table, otherwise we are going to be in serious bother. 

There’s a serious mentality issue with this team. Whether that’s been a result of Ellis or just the players themselves I don’t know but the way we approached that 2nd half was nothing short of embarrassing. Comfortable as you like 1st half and then we decide to sit back and let Alloa play until they scored. The marking for their goal was atrocious and then all of a sudden, we try and play the game to alloa once we’re level. Nonsense 

Reinforcements are desperately needed this month, in particular a striker and holding midfielder. Bob McHugh had a good month but he’s back to his usual anonymous self and Murray is crocked.

Man of the match easily goes to ferrie. Been outstanding since he’s been in goals and he was seriously unlucky with Alloa’s goal

Good that the preview mentioned only 3 players out in Muir, Lyon and Murray which then proceeded to have our best player in longridge out alongside Morrison and Moore ? 

6 wins from 19 overall is atrocious with the resources and ultimately a lot of players just aren’t good enough 

That was dire!! One up top is no use when that player is as lazy as Henderson. Although Andy should have done better at their goal it came from Hendo not putting in a challenge in their half. I’d boot his arse and knock some of that laziness out him if I was in charge.
Ferguson really needs to have a look at how he sets us up, I could take being in a relegation battle if we were having a go but it’s so defensive. Get an equaliser, sit in. Bring on a striker, shift the other striker to left mid. Boring and no wonder we’ve not won since October. Just let the boys loose and have a good go at teams, they are more than good enough.
Unpleasant scenes to witness at the end with Paddy, he’s not who should have been in that position.
Just wish Ferguson would f**k off, it’s been shit since he came in [emoji17] Had Peter Grant had any backing last year I’m sure we’d still be in the championship. Grim times to be following the Wasps.

No agreed Paddy shouldn't have been the one that came over.

There was no abuse towards the players during the game that I could hear. The only shouting was towards Ferguson and for me is getting off lightly considering how bad we are. 

Saying that confronting  fans who have paid hard earned money to watch that drivel is stupid at best. 

F*****g boo and get out Ferguson. 

First half was a brutal watch from an Alloa point of view. Created nothing other than when Sena had a chance that he should have done better with. Thought that was one of Sena’s poorest games for us and the decision was right to bring him off. 

I thought at the time there was potentially a foul on Andy before the goal, but regardless, that ball has to be dealt with. Take nothing away from the finish though, absolutely out the top drawer. 

Looked like a completely different team when we can out for the 2nd half and throughly deserved our goal. Henderson was unlucky not to score himself but for an outrageous save from Ferrie, but great following up from wee Kev. 

What followed was perhaps the most depressing part of the afternoon as, not for the first time this season, we sat back. When we scored QP were pretty much on the ropes and there for the taking - I would have immediately brought Sammon on and went for the kill. The longer the game went the more isolated Henderson became and the move to bring on Sammon was far too late. 

Brilliant double save from Ferrie to save a point for Queens Park, although Smith should have had a second before that. 

I’ve given King plenty of stick this season but I thought he had a pretty good game today and was more of a presence than usually. Also thought Howie played well coming in to the midfield. Henderson’s laziness is passable when he is scoring, but when the goals dry up it leaves him open to criticism. In his defence he is left so isolated from such a deep Alloa midfield. 

40 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I thought QP probably deserved their half-time lead. Andy should have dealt with the initial ball better but it was a terrific strike from Smith. We started the second half really well with plenty urgency and the goal was merited. Disappointing we then began to sit off again. Smith missed a sitter for QP then Ferrie had the great double stop, albeit King should have scored. Draw probably fair. 

Two underachieving sides given the money spent on them. From an Alloa point of view it isn't a bad result. At the same time QP are struggling and we've done better against teams like them who play pretty open. Perhaps a missed opportunity in that respect. We'll need to start beating the sides who sit in, ie those around us in the table, otherwise we are going to be in serious bother. 

ditto .  i liked QP's no 19 and number 3 we could do with some players like that  . and a manager who knows how to use them .