Wasps vs Spiders

Gagging for a game so hopefully this goes ahead. Desperately need to start winning games as the season is in danger of slipping away and it'll be interesting to see what the line up (COVID permitting) is.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

23 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Restrictions lifted on monday ,just been announced , no good for this game but good news for away fans in future 

Think most QP fans who want to go have managed to get tickets anyway. They appear to be still on sale

If it’s a parody of the off-field season so far, we’ll be cruising 2-0 with minutes to go and somehow concede three own goals.

Frankly, I’m just looking forward to seeing the game and having a nice day out. Hope and expectation of a winning result are both exhausted, and I feel all the better for it. 

41 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

If it’s a parody of the off-field season so far, we’ll be cruising 2-0 with minutes to go and somehow concede three own goals.

Frankly, I’m just looking forward to seeing the game and having a nice day out. Hope and expectation of a winning result are both exhausted, and I feel all the better for it. 

Yes we are back to the good old days when we had no expectation but  just a hope of winning.

Who’ll be playing? Who is picking the team? Some club. We could win or lose 5-0 and neither outcome would be particularly surprising. More than capable of producing extreme patter at either end of the scale. 

20 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Covid is what is up. How does any team know who will be available from one day to the next?

We have been (the players as far as i know ) reasonably covid free , Taggs was out with it early season but know of none since .

Just now, Vegetableman said:

We have been (the players as far as i know ) reasonably covid free , Taggs was out with it early season but know of none since .

Been numerous issues with covid in the squad over the season mate, its just not been reported for obvious reasons.

34 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’ve forwarded this to the First Minister. Expect an acerbic tweet.

😆 Yeah could have worded that better eh.

For clarity🙂- I meant specific information on players contracting covid or needing to isolate had not been issued to the general public/supporters.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Been numerous issues with covid in the squad over the season mate, its just not been reported for obvious reasons.

But not wholesale apparently . no games cancelled like some is more to what i meant to say , 

more of our non appearances down to injury  no ?

not that  i am privvy to such information anyway it is a (mis)calculated guess 

Edited by Vegetableman

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

But not wholesale apparently . no games cancelled like some is more to what i meant to say , 

more of our non appearances down to injury  no ?

not that  i am privvy to such information anyway it is a (mis)calculated guess 

Certainly wouldnt say Im massively "in the know" but I know of a fair few over the course of the season. Dont think its ever been at the point to consider cancelling a game, but I may well be wrong on that. Williebraveheart is correct though- theres absolutely no way of knowing your lineup from one week to the next. And although thats far from ideal for supporters, this information cant be reported for obvious reasons.