Weird Games On Weird Channels

What's the strangest channel you've ever watched a game on?  I know that Scotland-Serbia Euro play-off was on Pick TV but they've shown the odd game before I'm sure.  That same night the Northern Ireland game was on Challenge TV probably in-between old episodes of Family Fortunes and Bullseye.  I know it's owned by Sky but it's still unusual.  A World Cup 2010 England warm-up game against Platinum Stars (played in a bizarre looking ground with about 10 stands) was shown on Sky Sport News.

Going back further, I remember a Man United game shown live on the ITV News Channel (remember that?!).

Have any other PnBers watched football on QVC?  

Edited by Highland Capital

About twenty years ago I was watching some shite on an American channel that primarily aired old movies, when suddenly a wee highlights program of SPL matches came on.

I don't think they quite had the hang of it, as they were just showing the goals without mentioning who was playing or any other information. Surreal, but.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Millwall v Ferencvaros in the UEFA Cup was on Bravo back in the day.

Bravo showed a lot of football for a wee while they picked up Football Italia after C4 axed it and even showed Brazil vs Argentina I think.

After Setanta's collapse Sky One showed a bunch of UEFA Cup games for some reason instead of Sky Sports - at a time when no football was shown on the channel. Was always Fulham or Spurs games I think.

One shout might be the Milan derby on BBC Three due to Beckham playing. Think it was the first football BBC Three shown.

Elsewhere, Quest having the EFL Highlights is a bit odd considering they're owned by Discovery and don't even show the highlights on Eurosport.

Slightly off topic - North Korean State TV showed a Serie A between Bologna and Milan game recently: 

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Sure there was one World Cup where some of the games were broadcasting on UK Gold or whatever Dave was called for some reason.

Germany 2006. I think they showed all the games that were on BBC, but not the ITV ones. Andy Goldstein was, I think, the presenter. 

mycujoo.tv had some epic nonsense on it. I believe it's closed now and Eleven Sports does it now.

Some notable highlights have been when I've watched Morton Women's team win some cup final a coupla year ago, a big top of the table lash in the Sri Lankan first division and the preliminary round of the OFC Champions League.

Set yer alarms to watch this classic in the Mongolian Women's U-16s Futsal Championship tomorrow:

image.png.830ebd5fd475f18bc8e83c304ceba96d.png

Got a fiver on both team to score and Deren to win

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Germany 2006. I think they showed all the games that were on BBC, but not the ITV ones. Andy Goldstein was, I think, the presenter. 

Wasn't Ron Atkinson one of the pundits?  And this was after he had been disgraced.

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

What's the strangest channel you've ever watched a game on?  I know that Scotland-Serbia Euro play-off was on Pick TV but they've shown the odd game before I'm sure.  That same night the Northern Ireland game was on Challenge TV probably in-between old episodes of Family Fortunes and Bullseye.  I know it's owned by Sky but it's still unusual.  A World Cup 2010 England warm-up game against Platinum Stars (played in a bizarre looking ground with about 10 stands) was shown on Sky Sport News.

Going back further, I remember a Man United game shown live on the ITV News Channel (remember that?!).

Have any other PnBers watched football on QVC?  Or CNN?  Or Babestation?!

That england game was at the Moruleng Stadium https://goo.gl/maps/CbreZruRFGHwTHAo6

Channel 5 used to always have some Intertoto and UEFA cup games on… in fact, they had a lot of games from all over the place on late night. Vaguely remember Kevin McKenna playing a blinder at LB(!) for Canada against Brazil in the Confederations Cup years ago.

Quest have got the English League Cup and lower league highlights now. Same sort of set up and feel as the old channel 5 coverage, if anything slightly better. Hopefully they can siphon off more stuff from Eurosport soon

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

Channel 5 used to always have some Intertoto and UEFA cup games on… in fact, they had a lot of games from all over the place on late night. Vaguely remember Kevin McKenna playing a blinder at LB(!) for Canada against Brazil in the Confederations Cup years ago.

Quest have got the English League Cup and lower league highlights now. Same sort of set up and feel as the old channel 5 coverage, if anything slightly better. Hopefully they can siphon off more stuff from Eurosport soon

John Barnes was the presenter for those games.  And he couldn’t read an autocue.  Genuinely painful.