Sounds impressive - isn’t really.

6 hours ago, velo army said:

Mine too!! 1988 I think mine was announced, or 1989.

I once threw a bottle of Domestos on one.

I was done for bleach of the police.

September 1990 for me, my 5th birthday.  My mum still has it on VHS.

12 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

My birthday was announced on stv.

1983, Sunday afternoon, glen Michael's cartoon cavalcade.

10 hours ago, velo army said:

Mine too!! 1988 I think mine was announced, or 1989.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

September 1990 for me, my 5th birthday.  My mum still has it on VHS.

Glen Michael's cartoon cavalcade - a TV show that always took a break over the Christmas and New Year holidays, guaranteeing that anyone with a birthday at that time of year would never get their birthday wishes read out. Every year my big sister would write in and all I ever got was the generic birthday card from Glen, Paladin & Rusti. 😠

I met Glen Michael and even touched Paladin. Rusty wasn't there because he was sick.  Some Gala event at Silverburn, me and hunners o other 10 year olds queued up to get a badge or something. I went round twice but he recognised me and skelped me off the back of the head for cheek. 

I have sung on a number one hit single.

Spoiler

It was when they re-recorded I have a dream for children in need and had the Hampden crowd singing along at half time. It got to number one in Scotland.

I have played a world champion at darts. 

Spoiler

It was bdo player Martin "Wolfie" Adams at an exhibition. He beat me despite him throwing his darts flight first.

Like all great Scottish actors, I was in an episode of Taggart

Spoiler

When they were using the James Weir building at Strathclyde Uni as the exterior of the police station, they filmed it during a normal day, and I'm in the shot walking past the door, presumably on my way to the library gym Union

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Like all great Scottish actors, I was in an episode of Taggart

Hide contents

When they were using the James Weir building at Strathclyde Uni as the exterior of the police station, they filmed it during a normal day, and I'm in the shot walking past the door, presumably on my way to the library gym Union

Well I don't remember you and I did loads...even the new year party one.

48 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I once made an appearance on MTV.

Reveal hidden contents

Crashed some perty at a hotel in Chennai, was dancing with the Australian ambassador's wife  and MTV India were there and caught me on film. for about 1 second.

There had better have been Ferrero Rocher or it didn't happen. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Well I don't remember you and I did loads...even the new year party one.

It’s even less impressive than the initial post, it was one of those wide shots that seemed to be filmed from the top of the car park or the Livingstone Tower.

Not sure it would count for Equity though.

I was tested as having a 160+ IQ.

Spoiler

...when I was six years old. It's probably about half of that now.

I was once published in an internationally-distributed magazine.

Spoiler

Retro Gamer took a one-paragraph review that I put on their forum and gave it a two-page spread (mainly to show a massive screenshot of the game in question).

I'd no idea about it until I opened the magazine in question.

On 10/01/2022 at 17:48, the snudge said:

I hit a shot that hard that it broke the Hampden goals.

Hide contents

It was the wee warm up area indoor during the Hampden tour. I hit the bar and broke the machine much to the delight of my then 6 year old daughter. Ruined the experience for all the kids behind me in the queue aswell. 

I actually missed the fucking goals!

I dated a member of Poland's national women's volleyball squad for a month or so.

Polish-Woman-Team-4-10-09-volleyball-8470771-751-472.jpg.d9ddb84d7cf0eb3c92fdc3e9b0bda46b.jpg

It wasn't anyone in the above image which is a far more recent photo of said team, and she was more of a backup player at the time.  

Much to my benefit, we were both staying in a place with very limited male competition at the time.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I dated a member of Poland's national women's volleyball squad for a month or so.

Polish-Woman-Team-4-10-09-volleyball-8470771-751-472.jpg.d9ddb84d7cf0eb3c92fdc3e9b0bda46b.jpg

Hide contents

It wasn't anyone in the above image which is a far more recent photo of said team, and she was more of a backup player at the time.  

Much to my benefit, we were both staying in a place with very limited male competition at the time.

Kneepads joke in here somewhere...