Sounds impressive - isn’t really.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The old Scottish Universities awarding Masters as honours degrees. Master sounds way cooler than bachelor and it sounds like a postgraduate degree to the uninitiated. Was worth £500 on my starting salary at the civil service that last bit. 

Thinking I may abuse this academic curiosity if I am ever applying for jobs overseas 

I hit a shot that hard that it broke the Hampden goals.

Spoiler

It was the wee warm up area indoor during the Hampden tour. I hit the bar and broke the machine much to the delight of my then 6 year old daughter. Ruined the experience for all the kids behind me in the queue aswell. 

Scored a penalty during a competitive Scottish Cup tie.

Spoiler

Ran onto the pitch at half time a lower league ground while sozzled and sclaffed a miserable effort into the corner past an equally steaming fan. The police/stewards didnt care enough to intervene, it was great.

Saved a penalty during a shootout at Firhill.

Spoiler

...in the fan tournament firhill cup. Still great fun tbf.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Just now, Mr Tourette said:

More of a useless talent than an impressive achievement, but I can remember multi digit number sequences, like people’s mobile numbers etc

Which isn’t much use really as most peoples numbers are stored on your phone anyway

I know the password to the 2nd level of desert strike since i was about 7 or 8 yeaes old, and its still somehow clogging up my brain all these years later.

HPAQMIGLEDUG. Tbf my brother helped me out to phonetically remember the last bit, H P A Q Mig Le Dug.

Dunno how to verify it and cant be arsed googling but if you have an atari lynx and desert strike lying around i guarantee that'll skip the first level for you.

More straightforward but COVERTOPS for c&c on the playstation. My brother was amused when i kept pronouncing/reading it as Cover Tops, took me years to realise why.