Rovers v Arbroath

Really liked Williamson when he was with us, very physical and direct. Always seemed to be a ba-hair away from getting sent off or seriously injuring someone though, with his full-blooded challenges. If he can control that part of his game a bit better (maybe already has) then he’ll be a very good player for Rovers.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

Really liked Williamson when he was with us, very physical and direct. Always seemed to be a ba-hair away from getting sent off or seriously injuring someone though, with his full-blooded challenges. If he can control that part of his game a bit better (maybe already has) then he’ll be a very good player for Rovers.

Nope he hasn't.

Ran about kicking opposition players and got sent off playing for us the first half of the season, was pretty disappointing after reading how well he did last season with Arbroath.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nope he hasn't.

Ran about kicking opposition players and got sent off playing for us the first half of the season, was pretty disappointing after reading how well he did last season with Arbroath.

😂😂 

He’s some boy 

Completely deserved result. Unacceptable. 
We need to be looking to put a few goals in against Banks O'Dee next week to try and improve our confidence. Our chances of winning the title are hanging by a shoestring and it's a miracle we've kept it so close until today.

I actually couldn’t care less if we lose 5-0 next week as cup games are irrelevant this season. There is one competition that matters this season and we’re blowing it.

23 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I actually couldn’t care less if we lose 5-0 next week as cup games are irrelevant this season. There is one competition that matters this season and we’re blowing it.

Noooooooooo, you have to win the cup game so we can play you at the spaghettihad in the next round, it's a tradition.

And we have to beat County too, it just has to fucking happen.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Noooooooooo, you have to win the cup game so we can play you at the spaghettihad in the next round, it's a tradition.

And we have to beat County too, it just has to fucking happen.

Shit, the way things are going with us these last several weeks, we can hardly beat an egg 😂😂😂

Good highlights. Raith's goal was perfectly fine, ToB plays him onside as he's sliding on the ground trying to block the cross.

Also thought you had a, fairly soft, shout for a penalty at the end - Thomson had his hands on and pushed your forward, if your player had gone down, as well as JT, you might have got it.

Edited by Tattie36

Love Nouble so much but when that ball comes across there you know he’d be at the penalty spot and not in amongst it like Jamilton

Hamilton is proper old school

Great to hear the players etc with no commentary 

Craigen was very good when he come on down the left. Him and J Hamilton keeping the ball in corner at end was enjoyable. OG Hammy managing to win that pen too he wins so many fouls. And young Hammy made big mistake for goal and was booked early on but put in a performance a veteran would be proud of afterwards and was very clever. Cause it was a scrappy game 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Love Nouble so much but when that ball comes across there you know he’d be at the penalty spot and not in amongst it like Jamilton

Hamilton is proper old school

Great to hear the players etc with no commentary 

Craigen was very good when he come on down the left. Him and J Hamilton keeping the ball in corner at end was enjoyable. OG Hammy managing to win that pen too he wins so many fouls. And young Hammy made big mistake for goal and was booked early on but put in a performance a veteran would be proud of afterwards and was very clever. Cause it was a scrappy game 
I was saying that this afternoon that we haven't scored many goals like that 2 yards from goal. Hamilton has that poachers instinct. I thought he did great work up front today. Thought Wighton was good when he came on too. I was critical of young Hamilton at the Raith goal but he more than made up for it.

Well deserved win and great to see Low get 90 minutes under his belt, he will be sore tomorrow! Absolutely buzzing with that win today.

10 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Good highlights. Raith's goal was perfectly fine, ToB plays him onside as he's sliding on the ground trying to block the cross.

Also thought you had a, fairly soft, shout for a penalty at the end - Thomson had his hands on and pushed your forward, if your player had gone down, as well as JT, you might have got it.

The offside shout is not the cross, it’s seconds before that on the edge of the box when the Raith No.9, who appears to be in an offside position, interferes with play by blocking O’Brien from going towards the other Raith forward who is running with the ball.  This block may have been unintentional by the No.9 but he’s still in an offside position. Gaston sees it and briefly throws his arm up.

9 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

I was saying that this afternoon that we haven't scored many goals like that 2 yards from goal. Hamilton has that poachers instinct. I thought he did great work up front today. Thought Wighton was good when he came on too. I was critical of young Hamilton at the Raith goal but he more than made up for it.

Well deserved win and great to see Low get 90 minutes under his belt, he will be sore tomorrow! Absolutely buzzing with that win today.

Watched Low for years- he is some player. Keep him fit and you boys have a great chance re the league. His only failing( saw in highlights) is having the heart of a lion he goes to ground on tackles and dangers himself re injury. He needs to stay on his feet and just use that magical left wand to create chances and score goals. Every PT team in Scotland is wishing you on!👏

23 minutes ago, mountzionbrae said:

The offside shout is not the cross, it’s seconds before that on the edge of the box when the Raith No.9, who appears to be in an offside position, interferes with play by blocking O’Brien from going towards the other Raith forward who is running with the ball.  This block may have been unintentional by the No.9 but he’s still in an offside position. Gaston sees it and briefly throws his arm up.

Ah ok, I don’t think that’s what most people are talking about though re offside.

As poor as we played yesterday I thought McGlynn was completely out thought by Campbell. First half Campbell had Arbroath sitting off us and looking to counter. Bar our only chance which resulted in a goal then it worked. Clearly went in at half time and told his players to up the tempo and pressure us and it worked a treat.

It was clear that 5-3-2 wasn't working and I have no idea why we kept going with it when Arbroath only had Hamilton up top really. Dick and Tumilty are not wing backs or wingers and offer nothing in that system. Ok Tumilty was up there for the goal but what else did he or Dick do the whole game? Arbroath completely had us in midfield in the 2nd half and you have to think I don't believe McGlynn would have changed system but for Berra going off.

Gullan looked incredibly frustrated today and no wonder having to watch our defence do 59 passes across the pitch before launching it up to him. So easy to defend against and Gaston won't have had an easier match as had nothing to do except catch a few pathetic crosses.

26 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

As poor as we played yesterday I thought McGlynn was completely out thought by Campbell. First half Campbell had Arbroath sitting off us and looking to counter. Bar our only chance which resulted in a goal then it worked. Clearly went in at half time and told his players to up the tempo and pressure us and it worked a treat.

It was clear that 5-3-2 wasn't working and I have no idea why we kept going with it when Arbroath only had Hamilton up top really. Dick and Tumilty are not wing backs or wingers and offer nothing in that system. Ok Tumilty was up there for the goal but what else did he or Dick do the whole game? Arbroath completely had us in midfield in the 2nd half and you have to think I don't believe McGlynn would have changed system but for Berra going off.

Gullan looked incredibly frustrated today and no wonder having to watch our defence do 59 passes across the pitch before launching it up to him. So easy to defend against and Gaston won't have had an easier match as had nothing to do except catch a few pathetic crosses.

According to McGlynn’s post match interview, he was going to 4-3-3 anyway, then Berra had to come off which made his decision for him in terms of which centre half to take off.

Tumilty gets forward well for us. Apart from the goal yesterday, one of the other best chances also fell to him and he’s scored and assisted important goals over his time with us (Dundee at home and Killie away come to mind). Just last week against Inverness he got into a great position to win the game for us but then had a nosebleed and didn’t know whether to cross or shoot. Either way, Tumilty is usually good going forward for us and helps out the attack. As we don’t have much (any) creativity in the team now that Tait is gone and Zanatta/Connolly are off the boile, he’s not someone I would single out for much criticism. He’s been off the boil but he’s still effective.

I agree that the service Gullan was getting was awful. Big hoofs. It was like going back in time. For me we need a fit and effective Varian type player to hold the ball up and bring the likes of Ross, Gullan, Zanatta and Connolly into play. They’ll score the goals. That was effective for us before and can still work.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, timlichtie said:

Raith fans must be scratching their heads watching their old favourite JT rampaging up the wing while their present defenders passed the ball endlessly across the park.

Not really, he wanted to go PT as he looked toward life after football which meant he had to leave, nothing the club could have done there. He also had spells of being far from impressive with us, on his day very good but on others not so much.

Not really, he wanted to go PT as he looked toward life after football which meant he had to leave, nothing the club could have done there. He also had spells of being far from impressive with us, on his day very good but on others not so much.

Nowadays his day seems to be every day.