Rovers v Arbroath

1 minute ago, philpy said:

Gaffer not happy, players in for training tomorrow.  Should be a double session. And while he's at it, make them watch a replay of today's horror show.

Is that from the post match interview (I've yet to watch it) or from walking 5 mins along the road for a blether?🙄

We were fucking pish 1st half fucking last to everything as was the second half to many players passing to opponents and very lackadaisical no obvious effort and from the stand no managerial changes until it was to late. To many misplaces passes to much hump it down the park and when we did try to play it on the ground to fucking many passes along the back line as there was no movement up front.   The new signings show no improvement from the ones that have been benched. Seriously doubt that we are of good enough to go up the players who have been given a 2 1/2  year contract have to show a bit more in terms of commitment. 

Worst performance in a good few year and unlucky enough to win the ballot and witness it , Embarrassing , shocking performance today hats off to Arbroath got there tactics spot on us on the other hand lazy , slow , lack of effort I can go on and on , First time that I can mind for a while the team hasn’t been applauded off the park even in defeat . A team of 10 year olds would have put more effort in 

Not read the rest of the posts on here.

Arbroath fully deserved the win today. Hungrier, fitter, stronger, and just better than us. I'll say it now that is they don't win the league it'll be travesty. The best the team by a mile.

As for us some of these players need to take a big look at themselves. Who the hell do they think they are?!? The attitude, especially 2nd half, was pathetic. All this chat about it being a great dressing room etc is just a load of shite. They think that they are world beaters and they are not.

Not sure what McGlynn has or will say but there is no excuse today. Man up or else we are going to finish 5th or 6th this season.

4 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Worst performance in a good few year and unlucky enough to win the ballot and witness it , Embarrassing , shocking performance today hats off to Arbroath got there tactics spot on us on the other hand lazy , slow , lack of effort I can go on and on , First time that I can mind for a while the team hasn’t been applauded off the park even in defeat . A team of 10 year olds would have put more effort in 

We see this a whole lot tbf. I just think we work that hard it makes it look that way. Our hardest worker Mikey McKenna wasn’t even on the park. The man runs at 3/4 pace for 90 minutes 

Just now, basher brash said:

How many shots on target today 2 or 3 , Varian will still get the blame the day different striker same out come we create zilch and that’s the problem, What motivation do they need potentially go joint top today 

Try one on target and two shots in total , fecking abysmal to say the least

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We see this a whole lot tbf. I just think we work that hard it makes it look that way. Our hardest worker Mikey McKenna wasn’t even on the park. The man runs at 3/4 pace for 90 minutes 

Spot on!

You only can play as well as the opposition allows you to. If they are sharper in closing down, denying space, tackling, chance creating, and taking them then you get beat or draw at the very best, unless you are incredibly lucky on the day.

Edited by embow

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Even when we did have time we could barely string two passes together anyway. Stanton and Williamson look decent enough individually but they did nothing to impose themselves on the match. 

From my perspective Williamson was the one guy that caused us a lot of trouble. Other than him no other Rovers player really stood out. And being as unbiased as possible too. 

Can remember him breaking down the side of us and putting good balls in 4/5 times, including the goal 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

From my perspective Williamson was the one guy that caused us a lot of trouble. Other than him no other Rovers player really stood out. And being as unbiased as possible too. 

Can remember him breaking down the side of us and putting good balls in 4/5 times, including the goal 

That's 4/5 more times than I can remember. I thought his cross for the goal was a shot but I was at the other end of the ground. 

Regardless, he's probably wishing he could've gotten loaned back to Arbroath after today...

That's 4/5 more times than I can remember. I thought his cross for the goal was a shot but I was at the other end of the ground. 
Regardless, he's probably wishing he could've gotten loaned back to Arbroath after today...

If Dick had wanted him I think he’d have been back with us, but I’m not convinced he’d get a start. Maybe on the left.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah I believe we had first dibs but focussing elsewhere and on other positions just now. Wighton will obviously be taking a good wage too.