Rovers v Arbroath

Well done Arbroath great win. Better team for vast majority of that game, Raith we’re disappointing and never offered much at all. Can’t wait for McGlynn’s interview, should be a hoot,

Thought boys did very well and Colin Hamilton and Nicky Low were superb.  Well done the part timers! 

I'm just bringing this forward to remind folk of the actual reality of our season so far.

If the truth be told we've been well off things for quite some time. The run of 15  unbeaten games covered an awful lot of cracks with draws rather than wins and now this game has also shown how poor we actually are. To not have any real goal threat for months is really worrying but to play numerous games with hardly any shots on target is wholly unacceptable.

We have regressed so badly it’s no real, failure to beat the worst Pars team  in a long time tells you where we’re at. Another gutless performance, this season was our best chance to really give it a go. But we Rovers it every time.  

With that tight diamond in midfield, you need your wingbacks to play their part in attack.

Tumilty was far from perfect but he got the goal. I was saying at half time that hopefully that'd be a turning point for him, reversing this poor form he's been in since he was sent off at Falkirk, but not on the evidence of that second half. 

Liam Dick I just really don't get. He doesn't look natural going forward. He does it, and intellectually he clearly understands that's what a fullback should do, but it all feels a little formulaic and a little staid. I'd need to see a replay to see how culpable he was, but the first goal comes down his side. Plenty teams have targeted us down that wing this season. If we went bust tomorrow and our players were free to find other clubs, all but one of them would be picked up by full time teams. Liam Dick would be back at Alloa or rocking up at Clyde. 

Today was just us shelling balls forward to no-one. It was like going back in time and we were back at the hoofball. If McGlynn could turn back time and get Varian playing well again, Zanatta and Connolly playing well again, Tumilty and Dick being effective again, and Spencer back, then we’d be some team. Until then we’ll not be very good unless Ross can ping one in from 20 yards.

How did we go from that performance at Inverness last week to that today? I bet McGlynn is as frustrated with that as we are.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Thank f**k that was on hesgoal. Would have been fucking raging if I'd paid £14. Still raging about that fucking inept performance though. Absolutely brutal. Offered nothing going forward. 

The club need the money, as do all in this league, if you want to watch the game put your hand in your pocket you tight fisted cnut🤪

Edited by keyser_soze

Well deserved win for the Smokies, the better team who outfought and outthought an absolute gang of a Rovers side.

Rovers have become far too predictable, add to that way too pedestrian and dogshit at passing and there you have it.

Well done to Arbroath, well deserved win. Unlucky to be behind at half time without being great but they stepped it up second half and were the better side in every department.

I’ll be honest and say I expected you would fall away in the second half of the season after losing Nouble and Dowds but whilst Wighton and Hamilton are different types of players to those two, in terms of quality they are probably as good replacements as you could possibly get. Absolutely no reason you can’t go on and win it. No other side is anything spectacular.

Despite the scummy comments from the usual weirdos about Vaughan, it is great to see Nicky Low back for Arbroath. A very talented player who would be nowhere near this division without injuries, he bossed the midfield today.

On us, we were awful pretty much the entire game. Different formations, different players didn’t change the way of the game. Lots to rethink for us. 

Edited by R.R.FC

A well deserved win for the 'broath - bossed midfield and were first to almost every ball.

Every Arbroath player chased everything - easily the best team.

So many good players today, but MOTM for me was Nicky Low who controlled midfield and took his penalty in style.

This was Luke Donnelly's first start for a while and he played really well - Wighton was also really impressive when he came on.

Arbroath were outstanding and fully deserve to be top of the league.

I think we’ve got an even better Jack Hamilton than last year. Still getting the shots on target, still scoring, but stronger, harder working and clever. It was wonderful to watch how he took the ball into the corner so many times in injury time and kept it there.

42 minutes ago, philpy said:

Thank f**k that was on hesgoal. Would have been fucking raging if I'd paid £14. Still raging about that fucking inept performance though. Absolutely brutal. Offered nothing going forward. 

Where you stay?. gonnie send some young team round to tan yer windys. Tighter then a fat mans pocket 😶

did the camera follow any crisp packets 😅 

Edited by Raith_Rasta

Just now, Raith_Rasta said:

Where you stay? , d gonnie send some young team round to tan yer windys. Tighter then a fat mans pocket 😶

It's January. People are skint. Deal with it. Oh, I live about a 5 minute walk from the gaffer. 

Well done the Red Lichties deserved to win that game.

EVERY AFC player was superb including the subs Craigen and Wighton and Gav for just being Gav x

Must add i know Red Lichtie fans traveled through to Kirkcaldy to watch the game in a boozer but i watched it in the hoose and fair play to Raith TV outwith Red Lichtie AFC TV it is the best coverage and commentators and help desk so well done.

EVERY AFC played their part but my M.O.M. just was Nicky Low.

Now to jump on the train and celebrate in Jackie O's and Bentleys...... Smokies & Wine 36-0 Ya Bass!