Rovers v Arbroath

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I didn’t mean anything much by that I was just trying to get over and make the point that we had dealt with a whole lot up until that point injury wise and Covid wise. This is probably at a bad time for us, I imagine we will sign 2/3 players but they won’t be in until after this game 

Oh I got that in general, but it's the "dealt with quite a lot" I've still not seen yet. I appreciate that with a smaller squad to pick from it only takes 1 or 2 key players to be out to have a crippling effect (but that just makes my whole point stronger). When the other Arbroath fans were biting back at me on the other thread the game they mentioned was the Morton one, I looked at the starting 11 and (at least to me) it still looked quite a strong side with well Kent faces (probably stronger than you'll be able to field tomorrow) yet that was the day of the supposedly weakest team. If that wasn't the weakest team I apologise but I'm not about to go through all the previous games to check.

All the best for the rest of the season (but not tomorrow obviously).

2 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Oh I got that in general, but it's the "dealt with quite a lot" I've still not seen yet. I appreciate that with a smaller squad to pick from it only takes 1 or 2 key players to be out to have a crippling effect (but that just makes my whole point stronger). When the other Arbroath fans were biting back at me on the other thread the game they mentioned was the Morton one, I looked at the starting 11 and (at least to me) it still looked quite a strong side with well Kent faces (probably stronger than you'll be able to field tomorrow) yet that was the day of the supposedly weakest team. If that wasn't the weakest team I apologise but I'm not about to go through all the previous games to check.

All the best for the rest of the season (but not tomorrow obviously).

Was still quite a strong team but aside from Swankie, Hilson and Antell I think every single player has a case for being in the starting 11

Its a solid squad but just massively lacking in forward areas at the moment for obvious reasons 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

The season Arbroath convincingly strolled the 1st division with us limping home in 2nd one major factor came apparent Arbroath had almost the same 11 week in week out but even though we had a bigger squad , at one point we had 8 players out some with long term injuries but like some one said that’s the way it is  you get the breaks or not, Hypothetically could Arbroath have coped with so many injuries no way IMO but that’s the chance you take . Great journey Arbroath have been on but that’s the draw back on being a part time club in a full time league if injuries , suspensions start to bite 

27 minutes ago, basher brash said:

The season Arbroath convincingly strolled the 1st division with us limping home in 2nd one major factor came apparent Arbroath had almost the same 11 week in week out but even though we had a bigger squad , at one point we had 8 players out some with long term injuries but like some one said that’s the way it is  you get the breaks or not, Hypothetically could Arbroath have coped with so many injuries no way IMO but that’s the chance you take . Great journey Arbroath have been on but that’s the draw back on being a part time club in a full time league if injuries , suspensions start to bite 

Third.

27 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Who finished 2nd that year? Stranraer? 

Forfar. We ended up signing Brad Spencer and John Baird from them the next season (albeit Baird was not directly signed from them).

We were fucking dugshite that season. Accident prone defence, f**k all midfield. Vaughan getting predictably injured - McGlynn brought in Hendry who promptly also got injured. We got so unbelievably lucky with Nisbet that year or it would have been immeasurably worse.

Edited by renton

If the manager puts a team out that is fired up for the game it should be an entertaining all out game both teams going for it or not but lets get behind the Rovers and encourage them for the whole 90 minutes. It might be in Embows estimation a scabby 1-0 victory I myself would welcome that. COYR

I’m now feeling much more confident about tomorrow. If McKenna is available and Hamilton and Wighton both play (and Low), at least part of the game, then that’s a pretty exciting prospect up front for us.

The fact that we’ve only conceded 4 goals in 10 games makes me think that it’ll be a very close, probably low scoring game, with the success, or failure, of our attack as the deciding factor.

It’s amazing how a signing (and a few beers) can lift the spirits. I was pretty despondent a few hours ago.

Edited by Tattie36