Rovers v Arbroath

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think it’ll be lower than that 

15/16 games left. We’re top but if Killie or ICT win game in hand top will have 39 points. 

You think any of the top 5 is going to win 9/10 games out the last 15? I think it could be early 60s

Going on average points so far, we’d expect Arbroath, ICT and Killie to all end on 65 points. Let’s see how they sit currently…

Arbroath are getting 1.81 points per game to get the 27 more points to get to 65. For them, that’s something like 7 wins for 21 points, 6 ties for 6 points and 2 loses…or 8-3-4 even…no need for 9 or 10 wins…and they get to my 66-67 with another tie.

For ICT or Killie, you can do a variation on 8-6-2 or 9–3-5 and get to 66.

Now, how likely are those records…well Arbroath are sitting 10-8-3 right now, ICT 10-6-4 and Killie are 11-3-6. Just from that, Killie ending 9-3-5 looks quite possible, ICT could well do an 8-6-2 and Arbroath could see 8-4-3. Yes, it’s very likely that two of the three will fall off the pace, but with Patrick and Raith both pushing as well, we’ll likely see a nice tight race, and a low point league winner, I agree. The shocker to me is that someone is likely to take eighth with less than 33 points!

Edited by TxRover

Going on average points so far, we’d expect Arbroath, ICT and Killie to all end on 65 points. Let’s see how they sit currently…
Arbroath are getting 1.81 points per game to get the 27 more points to get to 65. For them, that’s something like 7 wins for 21 points, 6 ties for 6 points and 2 loses…or 8-3-4 even…no need for 9 or 10 wins…and they get to my 66-67 with another tie.
For ICT or Killie, you can do a variation on 8-6-2 or 9–3-5 and get to 66.
Now, how likely are those records…well Arbroath are sitting 10-8-3 right now, ICT 10-6-4 and Killie are 11-3-6. Just from that, Killie ending 9-3-5 looks quite possible, ICT could well do an 8-6-2 and Arbroath could see 8-4-3. Yes, it’s very likely that two of the three will fall off the pace, but with Patrick and Raith both pushing as well, we’ll likely see a nice tight race, and a low point league winner, I agree. The shocker to me is that someone is likely to take eighth with less than 33 points!

^^^^Stateside Statto at his very best^^^^

You’ve been there far too long neebur!

Really wish the last 3 games went differently 

Fully expected us to beat a Hamilton team at Gayf missing players. We had that whole second half with wind at our backs 0-0 v Inverness and then Saturday past was just a total disaster. Only 1 point and will now have to play an improved Hamilton with no Nouble and Dowds. 

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No chance. This leagues wide open now. I can see a really low points tally as winners and a really low points tally for staying up 

Your second point, just out of interest...........exactly how low we talking 😀

Ballot For Tickets

As we are still under government restrictions on crowd numbers, we are able to offer a limited number of season ticket holders the chance to attend our fixture with Arbroath using a random ballot system.

Our ballot system worked very well at our fixture with Dunfermline Athletic. By using a group-based draw, rather than individual selection, fans were able to sit with those they normally attend games with. Thank you to everyone who applied and attended.

We will be repeating the same ballot process for the Arbroath game on Saturday 15th January (with a couple of changes, described below).

Ballot Process

Entry for the ballot will be open from today (Monday 10th January) until 4pm on Thursday 13th January.

As before, fans are asked to enter as groups – which can be from 1-5 season ticket holders. You’ll need the barcode numbers on the back of your season ticket cards. Groups will then be chosen randomly to attend the game – with either all of your group being successful, or none. If you wish to enter individually (where some may be successful, while others are not) please enter each person as a separate group.

The list of successful groups will be made available at 7pm on Thursday. Please log onto the website again at that time to check if your group was successful (by entering your barcode number) as well as to read the instructions on attending.

Based on the feedback after the Dunfermline derby, we’ll be making a couple of changes for the Arbroath fixture:

1. To allow as many supporters as possible the chance to attend a restricted-crowd game, we’ll be prioritising those who were not successful in the previous ballot. Groups where none of the season ticket holders received tickets for the Dunfermline game will be selected first, with any remaining tickets being available to those groups containing people who were at the Dunfermline game. There will not be a separate entry process, so please apply using the same form before 4pm Thursday regardless of whether you were successful last time or not.
  2. As we were using new procedures at the turnstiles, and also had to ensure social distancing, we had spaced out the arrival of fans to prevent queuing. This meant some fans were arriving as early as 2pm. We now have a much better idea of how to keep the queuing to a minimum, so the earliest groups of fans will be asked to enter is 2.30pm.

Enter The Ticket Ballot Here

No other tickets will be made available for this game, so please do not attend Stark’s Park on Saturday if you are not successful in the ballot.

Any Season Ticket holders not successful in getting a ticket can still view the game online for free at www.raith.tv.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, RRFC2711 said:

Change the game to Monday……jeez it’s so simple ..or is it ?

I guess Arbroath have PT players that may have work constraints at such short notice? Why the Government couldn't even have a say 3000 limit on Saturday is truly beyond me, dont care, uncaring, out of touch.!

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Arbroath play midweek when they have to. Crazy that season ticket holders are going to be locked out because Bobby Linn has to lift the bins that morning. Get this moved to Tuesday.

Get the rovers squad down to help him out and it’s a deal 

On 10/01/2022 at 07:33, da_no_1 said:

Your second point, just out of interest...........exactly how low we talking 😀

The standard response was always 40 points secured eighth or better. This year 30-33 could take eighth, and it’s conceivable that something in the high 20’s could be ninth.

On 12/01/2022 at 11:16, Lichtie78 said:

Be great if both clubs followed Partick & Killie’s lead in asking for the restrictions to be loosened in time for Saturdays game

Wait… Partick Thistle have released a public statement on something they aren’t happy about?… definitely not like them…