Rovers v Arbroath

Nouble didn’t look like doing much against us when we played Arbroath previously so not sure how much of a difference we’ll notice with him now back to his parent club. Dowds is a player we should be trying to get on a PCA.

2 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Looking forward to this, cant be as bad as the game up at Gayfield last month.

A lot of that was due to Rovers playing for a draw from the start.

Our first meeting at Starks Park was our worst performance of the season, hopefully we can get it together this time but Raith will be tough to beat at home and we will have to be at our best.

Excellent chance to see how Stanton is settling in against tough opposition, and probably see Gullan from the start. Hoping to see Lang selected ahead of Bene…however the choice between Musonda and Lang, if we go back to two CH, to pair with Berra is more difficult. Would like to see Pops start over Varian too, then put Varian (and his energy) in at 60’ or so.

Interesting to see how Arbroath get on without Nouble.  Asides from the goal threat, his very presence forces the play up that end of the pitch.  

It's not technically a must win, but if we are to challenge for the league I'd say we've run out or are close to running out of leeway here.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Interesting to see how Arbroath get on without Nouble.  Asides from the goal threat, his very presence forces the play up that end of the pitch.  

It's not technically a must win, but if we are to challenge for the league I'd say we've run out or are close to running out of leeway here.

No chance. This leagues wide open now. I can see a really low points tally as winners and a really low points tally for staying up 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

No chance. This leagues wide open now. I can see a really low points tally as winners and a really low points tally for staying up 

I've just got a sneaky feeling Killie are getting their shit together.

I’d say must win if we have aspirations of winning the league.
We’ll still be in with a strong chance of play-off place regardless of result but the form table makes grim reading for us at the moment so we have to turn it around here to stay in the title hunt.

In the last 6 games Inverness, Arbroath and Partick have all got 5points more than us.

We’ve only scored 2 goals.

And most damming of all, we’ve only gained one point more than Dunfermline in 6 games!

The signings are encouraging and there are definite signs of improvement but we can’t afford to lose another 3 points to Arbroath.

We’ve had our blip- if we want to challenge we can’t afford for it to last any longer.

24 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Yesterdays performance was worse in my opinion 

Agreed. We were outplayed last time at Starks. Only time so far this season.

Yesterday, we were beaten by a fluke goal from a poor side, but didn't really look like equalising after going behind. Easily our worst performance of the year.

However, we can't expect to go the whole season without a blip like that. I'm still hopeful we can get something from Kirkcaldy.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

As it currently stands, 31-32 points might take eighth and the league could be won with 66-67 points, both of which would be very unusual for a 36 game season. (Lowest in the last 20 or so was QoS with 33 points in eighth from 2005-2006 and St. Johnstone with 65 in first from 2008-2009)

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As it currently stands, 31-32 points might take eighth and the league could be won with 66-67 points, both of which would be very unusual for a 36 game season. (Lowest in the last 20 or so was QoS with 33 points in eighth from 2005-2006 and St. Johnstone with 65 in first from 2008-2009)

Think it’ll be lower than that 

15/16 games left. We’re top but if Killie or ICT win game in hand top will have 39 points. 

You think any of the top 5 is going to win 9/10 games out the last 15? I think it could be early 60s