Airdrie vs Falkirk (15/01/2022)

Not going to get too carried away with the Dumbarton result. However we'll put up a better fight than we did in the previous fixture against Airdrie. 

As others have said, really hope we get another centre half in as McKay and Hall will continue to make daft mistakes. 

Sticking on the optimistic trail , I have gone for a home win. However it could be really close as Falkirk must know this is a last chance to close the gap

We certainly are very good going forward and have the pace of Smith but the few times I have seen Morrison so has he. If our defence is not well focussed , chances could he there. What I want is if course some dent to the Cove runaway train , so let's hope.

A Dowds- Morrison partnership might develop into a wonderful thing. Certainly against Dumbarton, Dowds could do no more, and while Morrison is far from being a natural finisher, hopefully KM can help him. For a first game together, they were pretty good, but of course, that was against a backdrop of an absolutely wild Dumbarton defence.

Sadly, it repeatedly comes back to Hall and McKay, and their ability to undo anything that our attackers can muster. Tbh, they were as bad as Dumbarton’s defence, but the difference was that we had a couple of players doing really stupid things whereas Dumbarton had four or five.

I still struggle to predict a winning result as one win doesn’t make for a trend. A pretty dismal Dumbarton still netted twice, so it’s almost inevitable that we will concede at least twice on Saturday.

McKay and Hall give you the absolute fear ably assisted by Miller, that game last week could easily have been a lot closer had Dumbarton not been so wasteful. As others have said Airdrie won't be as forgiving. Even if we do get some new signings between now and the game you can't see them getting thrown straight in especially if it's two new defenders. It'll be the same again unless there's covid/injuries. 

16 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Whilst we desperately need new signings to replace Hall, McKay and Miller, if we don't bring anyone in between now and Saturday I'd go with the same 11 that started against Dumbarton

Martin

Williamson McKay Hall Taylor-Sinclair McCann

Telfer Miller McGuffie

Morrison Dowds

Which leaves Keena and Nesbitt to come on for impact on what is otherwise a woeful bench

When it comes to the bench, Airdrie have a similar issue. We generally need to get the job done with the starting 11 as rarely this season have we had a decent bench with players who can come on and change a game. Mainly due to COVID and injuries but we do still struggle in terms of squad depth. Hoping that changes in the coming weeks. 

20 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

The obvious remedy for McInroy going back to his club is for McCabe to step forward, and slot Josh Kerr in as the centre half.

Got a bit of a worry that Falkirk are on the comeback trail. I mean how long can their banter years keep going on? Score draw.

The banter years will continue as long as we have two of the worst centre backs in professional football starting each week.

Whilst the Dumbarton game was night and day from pretty much every other game this season, I don't think anyone is getting carried away

Although we look much better going forward there are still glaring deficiencies defensively thanks to Holt's shit signings stinking out the place. If we can get that sorted in this window I'd be confident we might still salvage something from this season  

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Our record against Airdrie of late is feckin awful.  Overall of the 16 times the teams have played each other we have won 7 but 6 of those wins were in the first 8 games the teams faced each other.  One win in the last 8 is fecking horrendous. 

Aye but remember that over the period of those  8 games we have been atrocious against just about everyone.

Not really a case of Airdrie being a bogey team, they have just been one of the less poor sides in this league.

12 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

When are we expecting Dixon and Hetherington back (not that the latter is going to add much but he's probably marginally better than Miller in that role)

I'd rather play Miller in there TBH, although it would be interesting to see whether Rennie's coaching can make Hetherington any better.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd rather play Miller in there TBH, although it would be interesting to see whether Rennie's coaching can make Hetherington any better.

I'm not sure I'd play either of them to be honest. They are supposed to add protection to the defence which neither does as highlighted again by miller gifting Dumbarton there first goal on Saturday and obviously don't provide anything of an attacking sense. We'd be aswell forgetting about playing a CDM altogether until we get a half decent one.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Really don't know what to make of this game if I'm honest, it's really a must win game for us with at least 1 of Montrose and Cove going to drop points. If we remain professional and stick to what we've been doing then there's no reason we can't win again, but as others have said, Dowds in the form he's in at the moment won't let us off with half the mistakes we've presented other teams with recently.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++
Spelling

If we have our shooting boots on with Dowds continuing to play well this could be relatively high scoring.
One things for sure, as has been said before, unless we sign a decent centre behalf (or two), we will concede more than one.
I reckon 3-2 but not certain which team will score the three….