Airdrie vs Falkirk (15/01/2022)

7 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I generally hate when Murray moans about the referee, but I'd hate it even more in Falkirk's situation. You can maybe understand it if they've been done over by a couple of dreadful, game changing decisions which take the game away from you, like an early sending-off. But that clearly wasn't the case here, if anything the only big decision he got wrong appeared to be disallowing our goal. Moaning at the referee shows a complete unwillingness to take responsibility and look to fix the things they are in control of. Similar to Dumbarton blaming the referee for them being down to 8 men earlier in the season instead of looking at their terrible lack of discipline. Falkirk aren't in the situation they are in because of referees therefore whining about them isn't going to help. I'd be wanting my manager to be entirely focused on the shortcomings of our team. I've criticised Murray a few times on here for losing the plot at the referee in certain games, it's generally a sign of desperation and is completely unhelpful.

If I'd gotten my tactics wrong, left Nesbitt on the bench too long and signed someone who ultimately cost us the game I'd be trying to distract away from my own performance as well, I suppose, but I completely agree with you, it always seems desperate when a coach does it. It's what you expect we supporters to do, not the manager or coach.