Airdrie vs Falkirk (15/01/2022)

Fwiw I think Falkirk should have had a stonewaller right before curries excellent save, however by letting the play go and allowing the shot it shouldn't then be pulled back but I don't know the exact rules or anything, and our disallowed goal I thought looked perfectly fine from where I was, but again that's not from seeing anything back and at the opposite end!

Falkirk will get it right eventually and fair play to the fans for sticking by them in such numbers given all the nonsense that has gone on.

It’s a proper fixture for someone who grew up watching use battle each other in the 90s and it’s a shame that we couldn’t have had an unrestricted crowd in today. 

That’s far too conciliatory though….better bam you up a bit.

Falkirk get Battered Everywhere they go 🎶

Lots of "could haves" today for Falkirk at different stages and the early goal after half time certainly had me looking at my watch . Will need to see highlights on the disallowed "goal" but given what happened at the third we looked as if conceding another was quite likely. Good to see Fordyce score and Dylan Easton was a delight in first half. I wonder why Nesbitt was not on earlier and Dowds was a danger. Can anyone stop Cove!

Falkirk looked like a jobber 2nd division side and we should have won more handsomely but for the ref ruling out a perfectly fine goal.

Some of the football we play is excellent and Falkirk couldn't keep up. They did have their spells and indeed dis create some chances, but 3-2 flattered Falkirk.

Anyways, job done. Nice n easy, onto next week. 

Falkirk looked like a jobber 2nd division side and we should have won more handsomely but for the ref ruling out a perfectly fine goal.

Some of the football we play is excellent and Falkirk couldn't keep up. They did have their spells and indeed dis create some chances, but 3-2 flattered Falkirk.

Anyways, job done. Nice n easy, onto next week. 

Lol…?……

2 hours ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Nope. I didn’t enjoy your posts so used the reputation function to display this. Believe that’s the purpose of the system?

My major concern is Rennie has been here for a while now and is still persisting with McKay. That is bordering on inexcusable and really does call into question wether he really is the man to take us forward if he can’t see that he’s a complete liability. we’d probably be better playing with 10 men. 

Completely agree. I've said for weeks now that either McGuffie or Ross should be playing at centre back. Ben Weekes would be a good shout too.

Another big win for us and another example of a game we’d have let slip away in recent seasons - it’s a testament to the manager, players and the team spirit we have.

That we are so down to the bare bones right now in terms of our squad makes it even more impressive - a CM at CB, a right-footed CB/RB at LB and only 3 outfield subs? Superb effort from all.

I thought over the piece we did enough to deserve the win - first half we were utterly dominant and, most importantly, clinical.

The second was a bit more of a slog, due to losing the goal so early on - from a free kick that wasn’t a free kick in my view - but we gathered ourselves well and saw it out.

Falkirk looked very ordinary in the first half, only really producing two moments of note - one of which Morrison should have buried, the other Max Currie deserves huge credit for making an excellent save from. They upped their intensity in the second half and that, coupled by the timing of the goal meant they were more in the game but you can totally see why they are where they are and why they’ll struggle to crack the top 4.

Frustrating that Cove seem pretty invincible right now, but we need to keep doing what we’re doing and be ready for what is a huge match against them in a few weeks time.

1 hour ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Falkirk will get it right eventually and fair play to the fans for sticking by them in such numbers given all the nonsense that has gone on.

It’s a proper fixture for someone who grew up watching use battle each other in the 90s and it’s a shame that we couldn’t have had an unrestricted crowd in today. 

That’s far too conciliatory though….better bam you up a bit.

Falkirk get Battered Everywhere they go 🎶

I think Falkirk like ourselves are caught up in the glory days, misty eyed, the fact of the matter is League 1 is  of a decent standard of pla yer and manager, back in the day Gretna and their ragtag bunch of mercenaries went through the leagues, teams nowadays think they can do the same..

Money does indeed talk at our and all levels of football, but if it not invested wisely teams will constantly chase and spend there way into trouble.. Falkirk in all honesty should be know here near league 1, they are though and seem pretty clueless about what is required...

listened to Marin Rennies pre and post match interview, there is a definitely a Stephen Findlay in him.....     

Airdrie a fantastic 3 points, showed all sides of our game today and dug it out,   credit all round and we really do have our Airdrie back....

Rennie playing the "victim" card regarding the ref. And this early in his tenure. Poor stuff.  To be honest, I'm surprised he could judge the ref's performance as his arse was sitting in the dugout for a large amount of the game whilst Kenny Miller was playing manager on the touchline.   

19 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Rennie playing the "victim" card regarding the ref. And this early in his tenure. Poor stuff.  To be honest, I'm surprised he could judge the ref's performance as his arse was sitting in the dugout for a large amount of the game whilst Kenny Miller was playing manager on the touchline.   

Had a complete cheek saying a soft free kick led to our first goal. A cheap free kick led to their first goal. Can say what he wants though, it’s done. 3pts are ours ♦️