Airdrie vs Falkirk (15/01/2022)

10 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Don’t care what folk say about Hall or McKay, McCann head and shoulders the worst player on that park today. 

Lost it completely after Airdrie fans gave him it tight, same happened last season 

Agree that McCann was absolutely dreadful, his worst game in a Falkirk shirt but he hasn't ever really been good enough since he's come to the club in all honesty

You simply can't pass up that many chances and defend like we did today and expect to win a game. The 1st and 3rd in particular were an absolute comedy of errors and typical of the goals we've been conceding all season. Saying that, Airdrie still had to be clinical and I don't recall them having many (if any) real opportunities outside of their goals?

I'm still optimistic that a couple of new players in key positions will make a huge difference to this team

ps @Rugby Is Terrible, have I done something to upset you? Red dotting weirdo 

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Agree that McCann was absolutely dreadful, his worst game in a Falkirk shirt but he hasn't ever really been good enough since he's come to the club in all honesty

You simply can't pass up that many chances and defend like we did today and expect to win a game. The 1st and 3rd in particular were an absolute comedy of errors and typical of the goals we've been conceding all season. Saying that, Airdrie still had to be clinical and I don't recall them having many (if any) real opportunities outside of their goals?

I'm still optimistic that a couple of new players in key positions will make a huge difference to this team

I was one of the few Airdrie fans who wasn't bothered about him leaving. He clearly has limitations, average Scottish league 1 player who probably couldn't believe his luck when offered that falkirk contract.

A real game of two halves. Airdrie were very dominant in the first half and rinsed the Falkirk defence a good few times. Easton was fantastic in the first half and drags opposition players out something awful. Morrison should have scored with that header. Sitter.

Back to Airdrie. Our second goal was exceptional. Really good move with a delightful finish. Shows what we can do. There’s another side to our game however where we completely stop playing and lose concentration. 

The second half was a different game entirely. We didn’t get going at all and gave Falkirk far too much time and space. Nonetheless we held out and that’s all that matters. 

I do fear for Falkirk (pardon the pun). There’s certainly a victim complex within that club and the poor me syndrome oozes out of the players, staff and support. A deserved zero points for the bairns and another inevitable year in Cinch League 1. Enjoy  ♦️   

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Nope. I didn’t enjoy your posts so used the reputation function to display this. Believe that’s the purpose of the system?

My major concern is Rennie has been here for a while now and is still persisting with McKay. That is bordering on inexcusable and really does call into question wether he really is the man to take us forward if he can’t see that he’s a complete liability. we’d probably be better playing with 10 men. 

That game drew a lot of parallels with last week. A controlled first half performance but gave away golden chances and an out of sorts second half, only Falkirk were far more direct and dangerous than east fife were.  

First half I thought middle to front the passing was decent and the second goal build up play got the finish it deserved. If McInroy isnt coming back which looks doubtful now I'll admit, I think it really means we need a centre half in to allow McCabe to move up.  In that second half especially we allowed Falkirk too much time to go forward, but I won't dwell on it, 3 points and move on to a big challenge next week.

Probably deserved something today but you can’t miss three sitters, all at important times, then defend like we did and expect to get results. 

Club need to get players in as soon as possible. 

What today did show was that with the 3/4 players to come in we will be more than a match for teams in this league. 

Not sure why Easton is playing at this level. Way too good. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Probably deserved something today but you can’t miss three sitters, all at important times, then defend like we did and expect to get results. 

What today did show was that with the 3/4 players to come in we will be more than a match for teams in this league. 

Dylan Easton's talent is ridiculous although he has admitted that his application hasn't previously been the best.

Absolute joy to watch.

35 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Lost it completely after Airdrie fans gave him it tight, same happened last season 

I barely noticed McCann until he started getting abuse from some Airdrie fans during the second half and as you say, he was abysmal from then onwards. I felt like he was almost trying too hard, he kept trying to get on the ball and do something to silence our fans but literally every time he did something daft with it. I don’t blame him for leaving, you’d be daft not to turn down a three-year deal at this level, but it’s quite funny seeing Airdrie 16 points ahead while playing most of the season without a natural left back!

Falkirk were better than I expected today but I felt Airdrie deserved the win. The first half was fairly even until the first goal and Airdrie dominated from then on. Some slack defending gave Falkirk some decent chances early on but luckily they didn’t take them. The goal early in the second half changed things and Airdrie never really settled down again until much later in the game. We certainly made it hard for ourselves, giving away two simple goals right after half time and then after the third goal but we definitely showed enough quality and dominance to deserve the win. A massive three points for us, gives us a big gap above Queen’s Park and keeps us in the race for the title.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That very much depends on who the new additions are.

23 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Nope. I didn’t enjoy your posts so used the reputation function to display this. Believe that’s the purpose of the system?

My major concern is Rennie has been here for a while now and is still persisting with McKay. That is bordering on inexcusable and really does call into question wether he really is the man to take us forward if he can’t see that he’s a complete liability. we’d probably be better playing with 10 men. 

????

So who plays instead ?