Airdrie vs Falkirk (15/01/2022)

Surely this game could have been moved to Monday night?
Airdrie missing out on #wads of navy blue pound here 

I’m pretty sure that when the SG announced the restrictions, they indicated they would be reviewed for 16th January.
I get why the lower divisions decided to play on, but given that the top league understood that the restrictions would not be lifted until the Monday and moved their games accordingly, Its a shame the lower divisions did not do the same in the hope of gaining much needed extra revenue.
I assume the reason is that it was due to part time players working during the week, but teams in the lower divisions do still play midweek games…

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

With a bit of luck the camera might actually follow the ball this time….

The commentary team are also easy on the ear and have an even handed approach giving opposition due credit where its merited.

However do beware of John O’Brian and his vuvuzela!!!!! 😂😂

17 minutes ago, weigh cider said:

The commentary team are also easy on the ear and have an even handed approach giving opposition due credit where its merited.

However do beware of John O’Brian and his vuvuzela!!!!! 😂😂

Neither have been around of late.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m pretty sure that when the SG announced the restrictions, they indicated they would be reviewed for 16th January.
I get why the lower divisions decided to play on, but given that the top league understood that the restrictions would not be lifted until the Monday and moved their games accordingly, Its a shame the lower divisions did not do the same in the hope of gaining much needed extra revenue.
I assume the reason is that it was due to part time players working during the week, but teams in the lower divisions do still play midweek games…

The crazy thing is that you can stream it live out of a place of worship and pack it full, yet you cant get more than 500 at an outdoor venue. Mental

The crazy thing is that you can stream it live out of a place of worship and pack it full, yet you cant get more than 500 at an outdoor venue. Mental

I really wouldn’t advise you and all your mates to pack out a church to watch the Airdrie v Falkirk game tbh…..

On 11/01/2022 at 19:09, roman_bairn said:

If we have our shooting boots on with Dowds continuing to play well this could be relatively high scoring.
One things for sure, as has been said before, unless we sign a decent centre behalf (or two), we will concede more than one.
I reckon 3-2 but not certain which team will score the three….

Guaranteed to end nil nil now with everyone expecting so many goals. 

3-3 to Airdrie. 

Guaranteed to end nil nil now with everyone expecting so many goals. 

3-3 to Airdrie. 

Twenty two posters so far have put their prediction in on the prediction league thread, and not one person has gone for one of the teams to fail to score at least once.
I suspect you may be right….

13 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I think the most obvious reason was that the Premier league was going to be stopping for a winter break anyway, pandemic or no pandemic, so those weeks without football were already accouted for. They just simply moved them forward. But I think from the announcement on Tuesday up to kick off on this Saturday would still have provided enough time for clubs in our leagues to get things in place to allow all fans to return this weekend. Would certainly have seen bumper crowds I'd imagine with mates that possibly support 'other' teams coming along to watch local football.