African Nations Cup - Cameroon 2021 (2022)

HibeeJibee

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

How do I manage to pick the wrong match, every time.

Gabon and Morocco gentlemanly passing the ball about between each other.

Me, too!

I suspected that would happen!

Ghana now down 10 men with Ayew sent off for daring to go for a 50/50 with a goalkeeper, in what is frankly an absolutely ridiculous decision. Never a booking in a million years, never mind a red.

Ghana finishing bottom of the group as it stands...

Watched the first half of the Senegal game in one pub and the second half of the Zimbabwe game in another because the Sky box kept messing up in each of them.

Back home and on a #dualstream. Comoros up 1-0 and Andre Ayew sent off for a 50/50 against the goalkeeper. Really unfair to be sent off I think. Gabon doing well against Morocco and should really be 2-0. Happy for results to stay the same. Come on Comoros!

eta: probably doesn’t matter tbh as Comoros look to be out as one of the worst third-placed teams. Might be worth them just trying to get a few more goals for GD against a 10-man, frankly pretty shite, Ghana side.

Edited by Smurph
to slag off the entire nation of Ghana

It's going pretty well for the minnows so far. Best of luck to them.

Gabon thoroughly deserve their lead. Should be more. Bet most of them would've thought you were mad if you'd said they'd finish top of this group.

YES COMOROS 2-0!

2-1 now. Got a bad feeling about this.

1-1 in Gabon v Morocco after Boufal scores from the spot. Comoros in 3rd but -2 on GD.

2-2 in the Comoros game. Comes from a corner. Ghana had a few good chances and Comoros’ goalkeeper has been equal to them but seems like the dream might be over in Garoua.

2-1 Gabon. Great finish. Would be too if the group.

2-2, Hakimi scored a belter of a free kick for Morocco. Great couple of games!

COMOROSSSSSSS! 3-2!

Fouad Bachirou and Comoros manage a historic win against Ghana 🇰🇲 Still possible for them to qualify but need results to go for them in groups D and E

Ends Gabon 2-2 Morocco too. Both teams through.

Edited by Smurph

Dunno how Morocco got anything out of that game, but I dare say that Gabon's keeper Amonome throwing out a few absolute howlers had something to do with it. Gabon have looked really quite solid in a couple of games now, with Allevinah and Boupendza on fire tonight. Still, they're both deservedly through.

That is some result for Comoros. Don't think it'll get them through, but I doubt they'll be caring much. Bit more hope for countries like Equatorial Guinea and Sierra Leone that they could maybe get through in third now.

Slow start, but this tournament's really taken off.

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

The goalkeeping at this tournament has been laughably pish, but my word the strips are glorious.

Some remarkable hair on display too, especially from the host of the South African coverage, who must be spending hours with her stylist before work.

Starting to think that it should be compulsory for SPFL goalkeepers to lose their mind at least twice in every game; it adds so much. Doesn't particularly seem to have helped with the overall goalscoring, funnily enough.

Sudan are going to have to go for it now - which I don't think they are capable of.

ETA: And they weren't. Poor enough game. Maybe the matches will improve in the knock out stages

Edited by Jacksgranda

Algeria being torn a new one by Ivory Coast. Equatorial Guinea qualifying along with them just now, leading against Sierra Leone, in a game that could really open up.

Edit: Caulker just missed by an inch from a free header, and Mahrez just hit the post from a penalty!

Edited by Smurph

15 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Algeria being torn a new one by Ivory Coast. Equatorial Guinea qualifying along with them just now, leading against Sierra Leone, in a game that could really open up.

Edit: Caulker just missed by an inch from a free header, and Mahrez just hit the post from a penalty!

I thought at half time that Ivory Coast looked like a team that couldn't believe they were 2 up, and if Algeria applied themselves they could get back in it.

Second half it's been a different story. Missing the pen seems to have taken the wind out of Algeria's sails.

ETA: Algeria pull one bavk, 18 minutes to go.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update

29 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I thought at half time that Ivory Coast looked like a team that couldn't believe they were 2 up, and if Algeria applied themselves they could get back in it.

Second half it's been a different story. Missing the pen seems to have taken the wind out of Algeria's sails.

ETA: Algeria pull one bavk, 18 minutes to go.

Failed to do that in all their games tbh. Suppose that’s why they’re heading out! Spurred into life a bit now but too late.

SL and EG game has turned into a bit of a niggly one. SL have just had a penalty saved but EG probably deserve to win. SL guy just sent off now.

Edit: Penalty for EG changed rightfully to a free kick right at the end through VAR, and Haller scored right at the dead for Ivory Coast but was offside, and correctly VAR chopped the goal off too.

Edited by Smurph