African Nations Cup - Cameroon 2021 (2022)

HibeeJibee

The longer this game went on with Algeria contriving to not score, the more likely it looked that Equatorial Guinea would somehow stick one in.

And so it came to pass.

Edit: fucking hell, two disallowed goals and a bunch of quality chances that they've fucked. Fate does not want Algeria to score.

Edit 2: wow, what a shocker. E-Q didn't look bad, but Algeria were so much better and had so many chances to score but didn't take them. They virtually gave up in injury time, a very strange period where they kept giving the ball away around their own box and allowed E-Q's players to pass them rather than have to break into a run. A very, very strange match.

The tournament's really taken off today. Hopefully it continues this way!

Edited by BFTD

21 hours ago, MeadowArab said:

Caf TV are live streaming all the games on YouTube with English commentary.

The coverage is good tbf. HD too.

You're getting a greenie if this turns out to be true. It's a big reward, but I think you'll have deserved it.

Hopefully it's the same studio team as I've been seeing on the feeds from South Africa, as they've been a damn sight better than the usual pundits you get on the BBC.

I'm not seeing them. Do you need to be VPN'd to another region? If this is some kind of sick joke, be warned; I will find you.

Thankfully my dodgy CAF stream of Cameroon - Cape Verde is holding up nicely. Decent match so far; Aboubakar up to 5 goals already and Cameroon look as good as anyone in the tournament. Should be a good second half, as I reckon Cape Verde may well be going home if they can't get something out of this.

Edit: Cape Verde did well to get the draw. Looked a bit more lively up front after being a bit toothless so far. Cameroon probably easing up a bit knowing they were likely going through in first place regardless. Likely to be one of the groups where three teams qualify now, unless they're really unlucky. Cape Verde will do well to get any further, though.

Edited by BFTD

Apparently Willy Aubameyang, his brother and Mario Lemina came back to their hotel steaming at 5am with some prostitutes. They've been sent home due to medical reasons and were out with COVID initially. Regardless, Lemina has now retired from the national team.

12 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Apparently Willy Aubameyang, his brother and Mario Lemina came back to their hotel steaming at 5am with some prostitutes. They've been sent home due to medical reasons and were out with COVID initially. Regardless, Lemina has now retired from the national team.

#priorities

23 hours ago, Michael W said:

:lol:

Yep but the competition deserves way more respect than it gets as a top competition equal to the euros................

File in the same bin as womans football. Just a poor standard, nothing more to say about it.

Edited by red23

OK match between Zimbabwe and Guinea. Didn't see their other matches, but they looked halfway decent.

Bit of a shite group, considering the top scorers managed three goals in three games  :wacko:

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Comoros 1-0 up v Ghana after four minutes!

How do I manage to pick the wrong match, every time.

Gabon and Morocco gentlemanly passing the ball about between each other.