African Nations Cup - Cameroon 2021 (2022)

HibeeJibee

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Superb scenes at the end of the Gabon game. Late equaliser followed by a huge Ghana heads gone. Red card and brawl later. Superb

It was a much better game than the previous one I watched, but that was the icing on the cake! :lol:

38 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Sky join Nigeria Vs Sudan on 55 minutes after having no channel space to show the earlier action. Soccer Saturday was broadcasting on 4 channels simultaneously during this time. Unreal 

I think it's due to the Saturday 3pm football blackout rather than Sky choosing not to show it.

42 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Sky join Nigeria Vs Sudan on 55 minutes after having no channel space to show the earlier action. Soccer Saturday was broadcasting on 4 channels simultaneously during this time. Unreal 

I saw the first half on a dodgy stream. Trust me, you didn't miss much. Nigeria very much the better side and just gently cruising to a 2-0 lead.

Couldn't be arsed with the second half, but it's nice to see Sudan managed to convert a penalty at some point.

2 hours ago, Christophe said:

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I think it's due to the Saturday 3pm football blackout rather than Sky choosing not to show it.

The first half was on the red button so looks like Sky just couldn't be arsed. The blackout doesn't apply to non-UEFA competitions anyway.

No way are Guinea-Bissau finishing this with eleven men, or at least conceding a pelanty. Not the most physically competent of sides.

Need to get Fernandy on to sort them out at the back IMO.

Edit: seems only a matter of time 'til Egypt score, but they've been pretty sloppy up front so far.

Edited by BFTD

Bit of a shame that Guinea-Bissau didn't get a point out of this. Egypt were obviously the top dogs, and Salah did well with the goal, but Egypt were generally pretty poor in the final third and I kind of wanted to see them punished for not being able to finish G-B off.

Figured G-B's reckless physicality would bite them in the arse at some point; just a shame it was for Balde's excellent goal. 

So what's the popular four o'clock game of choice today? Tunisia v Mauritania, or Ivory Coast v Sierra Leone?

I'd guess the latter, but I've never seen Mauritania play, so think I'll go with that for the first half, at least.

Edit: anyone know offhand which group games the BBC are showing? I know they're doing everything from the Quarters, but they should still have three other games.

Edited by BFTD

Gambia - Mali was probably the best game I've seen so far, without being spectacular. Mali in charge throughout, but Gambia did well in defence and actually had the best chances on the break, where Mali looked quite vulnerable. Both sides converted a VAR pelanty that could've been disallowed on another day, but Gambia will be much happier with the draw, even though both sides will likely qualify from the group now.

Edit: f**k's sake. Tuned in ten minutes late and Mauritania are done already. This is like when I went to serve a customer at work and returned to the back room to discover we were losing 2-0 to Kazakhstan.

Edit 2: Mauritania appealing for a pelanty because a Tunisian saved a shot on goal with his testicles  :lol:

Edit 3: half-time and still 2-0, but Mauritania aren't out of this yet. A bit all over the place at the back, but they've been more on the front foot and might well have got a goal back. Be interesting to see if Tunisia stick or twist in the second half.

Edit 4: 4-0 a bit harsh on Mauritania, as they tried to push forward and didn't look that bad. Tunisia happy to hit them on the counter, and were just faster and more accurate going forward. Nice to see a team with a cutting edge for once, even if it was against one of the minnows.

Edited by BFTD

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

So what's the popular four o'clock game of choice today? Tunisia v Mauritania, or Ivory Coast v Sierra Leone?

I'd guess the latter, but I've never seen Mauritania play, so think I'll go with that for the first half, at least.

Edit: anyone know offhand which group games the BBC are showing? I know they're doing everything from the Quarters, but they should still have three other games.

They had Gabon Vs Ghana the other night but only put it on the BBC sport site/iPlayer, so I suspect all their group game choices aren't making it to an actual channel. Not sure if they've shown anything else

Edited by Christophe

39 minutes ago, Christophe said:

They had Gabon Vs Ghana the other night but only put it on the BBC sport site/iPlayer, so I suspect all their group game choices aren't making it to an actual channel. Not sure if they've shown anything else

And there was I watching a dodgy stream from South Africa  :rolleyes:

The South African studio team was probably better TBH.