African Nations Cup - Cameroon 2021 (2022)

HibeeJibee

11 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Fair play to Sierra Leone. Deserved point after some proper last gasp defending and their goalkeeper is a madman. Algeria should have won that about 3-0 in the end, looked like they were missing on purpose.

AE562240-4999-4617-80E6-9BE27DA39B14.thumb.jpeg.ca00c84ebbe53339d06a7d9a06a54d5a.jpeg

How did Bundu play for SL!? Absolute baller. 

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The Egypt lineup graphic was all over the shop.  Playing a 5-5-0 formation, apparently.   No sensible manager would ever try something like that.

Yeah noticed he was playing just after I posted it couldn’t make it out in the graphic.

48 minutes ago, G51 said:

Egypt look absolutely rotten. Joe Aribo has made Mo Salah look like a jobber.

I think Nigeria look a decent side, though.  Egypt are just giving the ball to a half-interested Sarah and hoping for the best.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think Nigeria look a decent side, though.  Egypt are just giving the ball to a half-interested Sarah and hoping for the best.

Aye, Nigeria seem to be pretty well rounded. Egypt showing that if you just double up on Salah, they don’t have very much.

3 hours ago, Girth said:

How did Bundu play for SL!? Absolute baller. 

Don't remember him specifically, but they had a good first half and probably should have been ahead by half-time. Nothing as clear-cut as the late chances Algeria sclaffed, though.

Plenty of energy going forward. Certainly not the worst team in the tournament.

The man who delivered probably one of the worst individual performances I’ve seen at Stark’s Park (0-3 v Dundee) is currently on the bench, primed and ready, at a major international tournament. Lovely guy though, hope he sees some minutes. 

16 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The man who delivered probably one of the worst individual performances I’ve seen at Stark’s Park (0-3 v Dundee) is currently on the bench, primed and ready, at a major international tournament. Lovely guy though, hope he sees some minutes. 

I'm sitting here patiently waiting for one of the Guinea centre halves to pull a hamstring so that big Nando can show the world what he's all about. 

10 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Mind when this competition was different and a good laugh?

International football is turgid.

Indeed. Even the countries whose names sound made up are well organised now. The shambolic madness that once marked this tournament out seems to have gone, sadly.   Best entertainment in the Egypt v Nigeria game (other than under-inflated balls) was an old heavy-set guy in the pub taking a tumble and knocking over two of the wood and glass partitions that separate the tables.