Inverness v Queens

I heard from people close to him he would have jumped at the chance to play for his local club again.

100% he hid no fact that he wanted back, but we wouldn’t give the money Livingston wanted. As for his form, Gav has always needed a run of games to get the best out of him, being in and out doesn’t help. But he’s had good perioids at other clubs. I really hope this patch doesn’t last long for our benefit as Morton are doing something we’ve struggled to do all season and win games.

Yesterday, I have to agree with ICT fans, we were at times all over the bit defensively, Gibson kept getting dragged about leaving a huge gap. We badly need an experienced centre half in middle, not sure how realistic but I’d be trying to get Mark Reynolds or Paul Watson in. I think Nditi and East other side is fine, I’d rather East than Debayo whos form has fallen of a cliff. Thought that was McGrory best performance, his driving runs were excellent, Liddle meh… I could pick two players from the southern counties that would give more but yesterday but was probably a better performance from him. Gordon did well in 10, I think if that’s type of play he’s going to offer he’ll be handy. Connelly and Paton were tireless upfront. We are going to struggle to keep Lee, he’s a class act and his work ethic is incredible. Paton I think is just missing that wee bit for this level, although it was some pass for our first.

I’d have taken a point beforehand but we really need to start putting wins together as everyone around us is. Big couple of weeks, before dunfermline.

Good highlights.

It sounded yesterday as if both our goals were dodgy, but it looks there as if both calls were ultimately right.  The officials made a good job of unravelling the second one, as did the commentators.

The first goal we concede is clearly dreadful, but even the second is annoying.  It's a clever little back heel that releases Walsh, but I don't think it should send him clean through to get an unchallenged shot away.  Defending needs to be tighter there.  

Our defending is dreadful. Inverness created numerous chances and could have scored significantly more than two but for poor finishing and some good saves from Rae. 

Agree with the comments about the Gibson at centre half experiment needing to end. I wouldn’t want East first choice there either and same goes for Debayo on current form. At least one, but ideally two centre half’s needed, especially if McKay isn’t back soon. Might not be realistic, but somebody like Mark Reynolds would be a really good signing. 

You might want to watch it [emoji6] 
He finished it with a tap in from 6 yards to an empty net.[emoji6]
Anyone on stream confirm if he was onside? Looked at least a yard off for me.

Can I be there when you tell Connolly he scored a tap-in?... ;)

That was a really well worked goal and shows the guys are clearly capable of decent football if they get the ball down. Surprised more wasn't made of Rae's save in the first half; that was an incredible stop. I did like Brynn but I feel pretty confident with Rae in between the sticks. Sadly the goals we conceded show that even Buffon wouldn't get an easy time with us. Wtf is Gibson doing for the first? Get it booted! Not like him at all.

Seemed like fair commentary, especially from Tokely. Thankfully the officials spotted the ball hitting the Caley player en route to Roy. If I had been watching the game I'd have fully expected it to be chopped off given our luck with big decisions the last two games.

Hopefully some more bodies in for the next game and we use this result as a building block.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'd have fully expected it to be chopped off given our luck with big decisions the last two games.

Very true. Thing is, the big (penalty) decisions in our last two games were clearly (from video evidence) incorrect and were refereeing errors. The difference yesterday was that the officials made the correct decisions. Credit where it's due.

Thought Rae did well yesterday. Particularly near the end where he saved low down with the ICT forwards piling in - brave from the keeper, especially given the bad facial injury he suffered against Killie at the start of the season. 👍

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Thought Rae did well yesterday. Particularly near the end where he saved low down with the ICT forwards piling in - brave from the keeper, especially given the bad facial injury he suffered against Killie at the start of the season. 👍

Yes, Rae looked a safe pair of hands. That save near the end (move starting at 9.0 minutes on the highlights video) confirms why we need an uncompromising centre back; there is no way that Debayo should be stepping back and waiting for the ball to arrive. He was actually stood on the spot from where McKay headed the ball, but looked (to me) that he backed away a few paces so that he could head it without having to jump for it.

Still, the positive part of the game was scoring a couple of goals and that we did come back from a losing position. Where's my glass, I'm sure I left it half full 😉

26 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Yes, Rae looked a safe pair of hands. That save near the end (move starting at 9.0 minutes on the highlights video) confirms why we need an uncompromising centre back; there is no way that Debayo should be stepping back and waiting for the ball to arrive. He was actually stood on the spot from where McKay headed the ball, but looked (to me) that he backed away a few paces so that he could head it without having to jump for it.

Still, the positive part of the game was scoring a couple of goals and that we did come back from a losing position. Where's my glass, I'm sure I left it half full 😉

A few times we looked hesitant, the first goal Willie is doing god knows what ? And then the second Liddle unchallenged manages to get stuck underneath and miss the goal keepers kick out. If he wins that header the goal doesn’t happen. 

On 09/01/2022 at 22:36, Skyline Drifter said:

Appreciate one is still just one but am I the only one who recalls a defender blocking a goalbound Josh Todd shot on Saturday? We definitely did have a shot on target. They've not counted it because it wasn't the keeper who saved it.

A few times we looked hesitant, the first goal Willie is doing god knows what ? And then the second Liddle unchallenged manages to get stuck underneath and miss the goal keepers kick out. If he wins that header the goal doesn’t happen. 

Still not understanding fae the Briggs blaming the keeper

27 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Still not understanding fae the Briggs blaming the keeper

I've watched it back a couple of times there and was being a bit harsh on Rae. I thought at the time he could have done a bit of sweeper/keeper and come and blootered the ball away, maybe even had a chance to collect it or punch it away as Ridger's  kick-out lands more or less at the edge of the area, but he's back-peddling  and leaves his defenders to (not) deal with it. Obviously I'm in a minority of one with my original view. 

23 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Doing Billy McKay a bit of a disservice here! It was a lovely back heel to play through Walsh!

Yeah saw that on the highlights. Didn't appreciate how good it was at the game but Mckay was absolutely class yesterday again. He's not the biggest striker but his hold up play is utterly superb.