Thistle Vs Killie - Friday Night Football

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Get the AFCON refs in imo.

40 mins each way.

Given that we'd have won if that was the case, I'd have taken those inept/corrupt/just not quite sure about things lads!

Disappointed not to hold out for the win in the end - but looking back at it there's no way the penalty should have been awarded. It's a poor decision by a poor referee and it comes off the back of a game in which we were also awarded another shocker of a penalty.

As mentioned by other posters, our midfield is an omnishambles and it's clear that the dinosaur who is formerly of this parish has left us very disadvantaged by singing several of them on two year deals. Oli Shaw also has zero composure at one-on-one situations and needs to up his game big time. All things considered, a draw isn't the worst result for us but it's hardly the best since it leaves the league wide open. A lot is yet to happen, but we now have to treat every single game like a must-win if we're going to get out at the first time of asking. In any case, it's certainly going to be entertaining for the neutral.

Thought we bossed the midfield and majority of play,however,our lack of striking ability is actually quite striking.We’ll play worse and win but happy enough with the point and more importantly the never say die mentality on show again .

3 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Given the amount of interest I was not impressed by Zak Rudden, he looks no better than Championship level to me. A lot of running around but technical ability ?

If he could get his first touch sorted out he’d be a killer….more concerned any scouts there last night might have shifted their focus to Tiffoney .

6 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

If he could get his first touch sorted out he’d be a killer….more concerned any scouts there last night might have shifted their focus to Tiffoney .

His first touch is awful and that’s down to his technical ability, when you compare it to someone like a Tony Watt who we are losing it’s night and day. He’s certainly fit but that’s not enough at the top level, I don’t think he would get near out first team. Thistle fans will of course hope that’s the general view from those taking a look at him last night. Certainly I don’t see anyone offering a large chunk of money.

23 minutes ago, Yorky said:

His first touch is awful and that’s down to his technical ability, when you compare it to someone like a Tony Watt who we are losing it’s night and day. He’s certainly fit but that’s not enough at the top level, I don’t think he would get near out first team. Thistle fans will of course hope that’s the general view from those taking a look at him last night. Certainly I don’t see anyone offering a large chunk of money.

Can’t disagree with that ,not his greatest fan myself but kind of hoping he remains until end of season as there is a distinct dearth of striking options at Firhill right now and he does have the ability to confound doubters like myself from time to time.

32 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Tend to agree, I can see him signing a PCA with a premiership club - its not unlike Motherwell to take a punt on a decent championship player on a free, but I don't see any money coming for him this month (or more than whatever's already been offered). He's not quite ready for the top flight yet and really could benefit from at least another season in the 2nd tier. In terms of technical ability, even if you compare him to someone like Kris Doolan in his peak years he's not the same level, but Rudden's finishing is terrific & his work-rate is one of his strengths.

Edited by JagsCG

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Thistle fans will obviously  know better, but at the moment I don’t think Rudden is as good as Shankland or Nisbet were at this level - goalscoring wise or generally play. He is only 21 though, so tons of potential there to develop....

I don’t think he is quite there, but he has all the attributes to get there. Last night was one of his poorer games as well, but some of his runs into channels were still excellent. If he can work on his touch and build up play, he’ll be a really good striker.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Thistle fans will obviously  know better, but at the moment I don’t think Rudden is as good as Shankland or Nisbet were at this level - goalscoring wise or generally play. He is only 21 though, so tons of potential there to develop....

He’s certainly still got a lot of developing to do for sure, he’s not yet at the levels Shankland or Nisbet were at in the championship imo - not to say he couldn’t then get to that level though. 

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t think he is quite there, but he has all the attributes to get there. Last night was one of his poorer games as well, but some of his runs into channels were still excellent. If he can work on his touch and build up play, he’ll be a really good striker.

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

He’s certainly still got a lot of developing to do for sure, he’s not yet at the levels Shankland or Nisbet were at in the championship imo - not to say he couldn’t then get to that level though. 

Ultimately he could surpass both... Shankland has stalled since moving up - you just never know at what rate players will continue developing. 

I definitely think Rudden is better developing in the championship for the moment though!

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Ultimately he could surpass both... Shankland has stalled since moving up - you just never know at what rate players will continue developing. 

I definitely think Rudden is better developing in the championship for the moment though!

Exactly that. When Nisbet was Rudden's age he didn't look like a pro footballer, then had 3 ludicrously good seasons in a row but has also taken a step back this year. 

30 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yeah, I’d be pretty confident that he’d be fine in the Premiership as is, but he’s also only 21 so has plenty of time and room to improve.

Hey maybe I’m wrong mate. But at 21 the ability to trap a ball they pass it on is a pretty basic skill you should have mastered, that’s surely something you work on just about every day ?