Thistle Vs Killie - Friday Night Football

I think the club was right to continue, different if it was the premiership where an annual winter break was brought forward. 500 fans plus however many are allowed in the Aitken Suite is still a level of income, even if it’s way off what we’d get if this game was next Friday. I also understand Thistle & Kilmarnock (and no doubt most other clubs) gripe with 500 fans on Friday/Saturday but from Monday, there’s no restriction. Both clubs are just trying to get more fans in for the game (won’t happen though). 

Having said all that, given the state of the pitch (which thankfully has been given now nearly a month’s rest) I’m surprised that didn’t sway us into voting for a forced break for 3 weeks anyway. 

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If Partick Thistle wanted to play in front of more than 500 fans, they should have simply not voted to play on through the restrictions.

You can understand Thistle voting to play on. It was unclear the impact Omicron was going to have on the league season and they would want to take every early opportunity to gain as many points as possible. As it turns we haven’t played a home game yet.

The two positions are not contradictory.

Playing on was the correct decision given the uncertainty. Lifting the restrictions in time for the weekend games would also be the correct decision.

The fact Killie voted to stop because they were a total shambles at the time was hardly a particularly noble stand. 

13 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

The two positions are not contradictory.

Playing on was the correct decision given the uncertainty. Lifting the restrictions in time for the weekend games would also be the correct decision.

The fact Killie voted to stop because they were a total shambles at the time was hardly a particularly noble stand. 

Nothing to do with our form.

It was to do with letting a big crowd in. This Killie/Ayr game will have highest crowd attendance this season. Why limit to 500?

It was pretty obvious sturgeons closure was a pointless exercise and just a political stunt. 

Your club was happy enough to play league games with 500 crowds when we wanted to postpone for a few weeks to allow crowds in

9 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Anyone know if you're allowed in the Aitken Suite on Friday?

Yes, is open with max 80 capacity and usual table service/social distancing rules .PTFC also encourage Lateral flow test before turning up .

19 hours ago, Nightmare said:

And if it was 5-5 instead, what difference would that have made? If the league is split in half in terms of voting then surely they wouldn’t have changed anything and teams would have been playing on regardless?

Good attitude that, Thistle didn't know the outcome of the vote when the other teams voted to shaft their own fans. 

19 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I also think most folk would have expected the restrictions to last longer than the original 3 weeks given the previous actions of the SG so it seemed sensible enough to get on with it. 

Did it? Not like there's not any midweek's free is there? 

Although given the state of your pitch its no surprise you wanted to continue. 

I'd have been raging if Killie decided to play on without even attempting a solution and in the process shafting 3,300 season ticket holders who would be locked out each game there was a 500 capacity. 

Thankfully Killie & Ayr had the foresight to move the derby. 

19 hours ago, Nightmare said:

And if it was 5-5 instead, what difference would that have made? If the league is split in half in terms of voting then surely they wouldn’t have changed anything and teams would have been playing on regardless?

Cos Killie are the big fish in this tinpot league they'd probably give us the casting vote

7 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

Cos Killie are the big fish in this tinpot league they'd probably give us the casting vote

What makes you a big fish? Racking up £13 million worth of debt to make you look like some kind of billy bigbaws club when you're a Diddy club like the rest of us?

At least the rest of us diddies used our own money and didn't beg the banks to write off our debt!    Big fish my ar*e.

Edited by Buckfast

30 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good attitude that, Thistle didn't know the outcome of the vote when the other teams voted to shaft their own fans. 

I didn’t say anywhere that I agreed with Thistle’s vote choice, and in fact at the time expressed surprise at it because I thought it was the wrong decision.

Craig suggested that if PTFC wanted to play the game in front of more fans then the club should have voted to pause the league, but if the club did so it wouldn’t have made any difference anyway.

44 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

What makes you a big fish? Racking up £13 million worth of debt to make you look like some kind of billy bigbaws club when you're a Diddy club like the rest of us?

At least the rest of us diddies used our own money and didn't beg the banks to write off our debt!    Big fish my ar*e.

You seem rattled.

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

What money did Ayr use to make their stadium a shit hole? One for Colin never will. 112 years without a major trophy certainly consigns Ayr to the minnows. 45 years and counting outside the top league. Killie and Ayr are miles apart in importance and everyone knows that. 

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Sorry I meant huge fish, not big

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Craig suggested that if PTFC wanted to play the game in front of more fans then the club should have voted to pause the league, but if the club did so it wouldn’t have made any difference anyway.

Crucially though, it wouldn't have made them look like massive hypocrites.