Thistle Vs Killie - Friday Night Football

Derek McInnes returns to the second tier and faces Ian McCall in a promotion clash for the first time since 2008-09.

Maybe Thistle should have managed the game against Hamilton a bit better and hung onto the three points but not the worst result following a westher and Covid regulation induced hiatus.

Kilmarnock have QoS a bit of a doing and their only issue would not being scoring more goals against the hapless Borderers.

So Kilmarnock look like they may have their promotion push back on track. Then again TW managed a 4-0 horseing  against the same opposition earlier in the season.

This fixture seems to favour the away team and I can't remember the last time we beat KFC at Firhill.

Would be great to keep the points at Firhill but it is going to be a tough encounter and first goal will be crucial.

Shame we have this arbitrary 500 crowd limit but at least it is on BBC Scotland. If it's on as QP had their game off yesterday.

There was a fair bit of rain and snow end of last week but the pitch has been a state no thanks to having our lodgers and other games played on it.

Anyway, about time we beat this mob at Firhill.

47 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

This fixture seems to favour the away team and I can't remember the last time we beat KFC at Firhill.

Apparently it was a 3-0 win in November 2002.

We’ve only beaten Killie at home three times in my life, and two of those were before I turned one. I know we’ve been in different leagues for the majority, but that’s still fucking mental. 

38 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Apparently it was a 3-0 win in November 2002.

We’ve only beaten Killie at home three times in my life, and two of those were before I turned one. I know we’ve been in different leagues for the majority, but that’s still fucking mental. 

It is a mad record. I think that game saw an Alex Burns hat trick secure the win.

47 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Really pissed off that this is one of the fixtures that will be played under restrictions. We would have been looking at a >5000 crowd and a cracking atmosphere under normal circumstances.

Easy 2000 plus killie fans

Gutted that there's only 500 fans at this - Firhill is one of the best away days in the calendar and would have been quite special under the floodlights on a Friday night. I know there's been whispers of the game getting moved to the Monday night so as (if things stay on course) we could have a full crowd but I doubt the BBC would be keen to move the game since it's televised. Ho hum.

No doubting this will be a hard fixture, hopefully we can get a couple of new faces in to freshen up the squad at the start of the week in preparation for this.

On 09/01/2022 at 10:47, jagfox OG said:

It is a mad record. I think that game saw an Alex Burns hat trick secure the win.

Yep, hat-trick for Alex Burns.  I was at this game, my first year at the uni and walked to the game.  Left wishing I'd not bothered.  I cannot believe that's the last time we lost at Firhill.

It'll be interesting to see what the new manager can do against one of the better teams in the division - deliberately not taking too much from Saturday's game.

2 hours ago, Estragon said:

Yep, hat-trick for Alex Burns.  I was at this game, my first year at the uni and walked to the game.  Left wishing I'd not bothered.  I cannot believe that's the last time we lost at Firhill.

It'll be interesting to see what the new manager can do against one of the better teams in the division - deliberately not taking too much from Saturday's game.

Aye we had stand behind the goal and part of main stand that day.

Was some handbags before game IIRC. Usually was at Killie Thistle games thise days!

55 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was some handbags before game IIRC. Usually was at Killie Thistle games thise days!

Haha - I was a big jessie student in corduroy flares and specs.  Definitely not involved in any handbags!

On 10/01/2022 at 13:24, Squirrelhumper said:

You mean the terracing behind the goal? Fairly sure we didn't have the stand built by that point. I miss the terracing tbf.

26 minutes ago, velo army said:

You mean the terracing behind the goal? Fairly sure we didn't have the stand built by that point. I miss the terracing tbf.

I'm sure we built the 3/4 length North Stand to meet the 6,000 seats criteria.