Pars vs Hamilton, 15th Jan

We won't score 5 next Saturday, indeed it being Accies we are now due a defeat & low and behold we're playing the team most in need of a result...

Called it.

We tried to tell you Pars fans.
Us Accies fans have seen this movie so many times before.

No excuse to not have more signings in to be ready for Ayr on 29th with no game next weekend.

On a side note Arbroath 4pts clear - them in the Premiership would be Dick Campbell winning Manager of the Year easy.

Not always pretty but the attitude today was absolutely spot on.   Desire and commitment throughout the team,  working hard for each other and fighting for everything.  Sadly been lacking most of the season but if we keep that up for the rest of the season we might just have a chance.

Special mention for Edwards,  I’m not his biggest fan but that was his best performance for us.  

I know people see this as hyperbole when talking about their team, but it is true with us although it hasn’t been as bad in the championship or last season. See link (note Aberdeen did beat us 3-0 I think after going 3 months without a goal from open play.)
I dont think Dunfermline are on as bad a run as any of these but it’s not an exaggeration when Accies fans say it.
You're very rarely wrong brother [emoji1666]

Being right won't get rid of the vile abuse you've received on this thread and in private messages, but hopefully it'll deter them doing it again.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Terrific win after the past few results. Some great performances in there. MOTM for me was Comrie, back to his best. McCann scuffed a few good chances but did well and Lawless looks like a decent player. Can't wait to see him and Dom play in the same team. 

Lawless for me. He was tremendous today.

1 hour ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Called it.

We tried to tell you Pars fans.
Us Accies fans have seen this movie so many times before.

No excuse to not have more signings in to be ready for Ayr on 29th with no game next weekend.

On a side note Arbroath 4pts clear - them in the Premiership would be Dick Campbell winning Manager of the Year easy.

Accies fans 'tried to tell us' before the other two games as well.

Agree about Campbell as MOTY. 

15 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Missed Wighton today.

Think he would have put away at least one of the chances made today.

McCann didn't have a bad game really, but his inexperience and lack of game time (or, if we're being less generous, lack of ability) showed today when he missed a couple of really good chances.

When we play like we did for much of today, we don't need someone 'bigger' or 'more physical' to punt aimless long balls to. We actually created chances for once, and we need our best striker/finisher to be on the end of chances. Perhaps McCann can become that with experience; certainly he has some talent and promise, but is a relegation fight the time/place for that? 

Think he would have put away at least one of the chances made today.
McCann didn't have a bad game really, but his inexperience and lack of game time (or, if we're being less generous, lack of ability) showed today when he missed a couple of really good chances.
When we play like we did for much of today, we don't need someone 'bigger' or 'more physical' to punt aimless long balls to. We actually created chances for once, and we need our best striker/finisher to be on the end of chances. Perhaps McCann can become that with experience; certainly he has some talent and promise, but is a relegation fight the time/place for that? 
I hear you. Thought he was important to a lot of our good play in the first half, faded a lot in the 2nd half though.

This is the sort of performance we needed from Yogi from the start. He has over-estimated the playing squad and tried playing nice stuff which ultimately ended in us getting cuffed every week, near enough. I think he realises now he needs to just get back to the basics. It wasn't easy on the eye, but we created plenty of chances and it was an efficient day's work. We probably should have scored 3 today if we were more composed in front of goal if I'm being totally honest. 
Comrie was back to his usual self and, apart from one instance, Edwards had a great game. But, by far and away, our best player was Lawless. Just oozes class and a total game-changer when you play him out wide. It isn't rocket science. Hopefully Yogi realises this now. Having him and Dom as your wingers should be fucking tasty, but we need proper midfielders in instead of these young guys that are not good enough to allow Dom and Lawless to go express themselves. There were so many 2nd balls we never won today. Thankfully Hamilton never took advantage of our chocolate fireguard midfield. 
Massive win given the results elsewhere. If we can win our game in hand over Hamilton, we will drag them right back in to the mire. We've showed previously we are more than capable of beating Inverness, so it is possible. However, I am not getting carried away. That midfield is still soft as shit, strikers don't look like scoring still and Connolly is a hard player to replace. Still lots of work to do but finally a positive Saturday in the Pars camp for a change. Need to kick on now. 

Absolutely massive but have to start a run of results. Absolutely delighted to see both Comrie and Edwards, Josh in particular turn out good defensive but really classy attacking performances. 

Shame Connelly will be away now as some consistency at the back would be nice.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

You're very rarely wrong brother emoji1666.png

Being right won't get rid of the vile abuse you've received on this thread and in private messages, but hopefully it'll deter them doing it again.

The mods have been informed. I expect swift justice with the removal of some pars a-holes.

Namely DA Barracuda, Grant420 & CalumPar

I enjoyed McCann steaming into folk today. He was far less isolated today and him winning stuff in the air and battering around worked as others could pick up the pieces. 

Lawless, McCann, Thomas would probably work pretty well. Until it doesn't and we're all moaning again. 

The mods have been informed. I expect swift justice with the removal of some pars a-holes.
Namely DA Barracuda, Grant420 & CalumPar

Please provide evidence of me being abusive? Quite a wild claim when I haven’t said anything remotely abusive here.