Pars vs Hamilton, 15th Jan

Hamilton pumped us 0-5 in 2007. Wouldn't be surprised if they fancied the same next Saturday. They could probably have it if they wished.

There are 500 home tickets available for this, on a first come first served basis. We'll be lucky to see half that after today's nonsense.

I have no confidence in a result for us.

If Hamilton fancy it, they can definitely have a similar scoreline to that one back then. 2007 was probably the lowest I ever felt as a fan, until recent times. I was only ever used to success in my time as a Pars supporter but since 2007 it’s just been, mostly, pain. I fully expect that to continue next week, especially if it is the same team and set up.

I know I’m clutching at straws but if we manage to add a few midfielders before this it may give us a chance, but I’m not confident of that, and Yogi still can’t figure out how to get goals from guys like O’Hara, Wighton, and Todorov, who have all proved they can score goals in this league. What a mental situation we find ourselves in. I’m trying to be as positive as possible and not chucking the towel in just yet, but it is extremely bleak.

I always get a warm glow whenever this fixture comes around as my mind drifts back to that afternoon in 2007 when I witnessed the most complete performance I have ever witnessed from Accies. That afternoon that great team finally blossomed in to the team that they always threatened to become. And I think it’s testament to how good they were that day that Pars fans always seem to mention it on these match threads. We were simply unplayable and I doubt that Sol Bamba has ever had a more uncomfortable afternoon than he did that day against Richard Offiong, in fact Pars fans actually applauded Dickie’s superb goal. 

Watching MOTD and Sol Bamba plays for Middlesbrough these days.

Guy has had a brilliant career after leaving us (and Hibs) and must surely be very well off. 

I applaud him. Good player and top guy.

Think the club will struggle to shift 500 tickets for this one. Can’t turn the game off when Hamilton score their 3rd if you’re actually there. Kind of says it all that they’ve decided to put everyone in the Norrie, away from the directors box and leaving the sides of the pitch empty, where players/coaches are more likely to hear criticism.

It’s obviously still the fans’ fault, even if we haven’t been able to see our team live, during this incredible 0-8 aggregate score in our last 3 games.

21 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Think the club will struggle to shift 500 tickets for this one. Can’t turn the game off when Hamilton score their 3rd if you’re actually there. Kind of says it all that they’ve decided to put everyone in the Norrie, away from the directors box and leaving the sides of the pitch empty, where players/coaches are more likely to hear criticism.

It’s obviously still the fans’ fault, even if we haven’t been able to see our team live, during this incredible 0-8 aggregate score in our last 3 games.

They put the fans in the Norrie for the games at the start of the season when crowds were restricted. It's because the Norrie is accessible to all fans. Nothing to do with side of the pitch criticism.

Offiong's goal in that 5-0 game is still the best goal I've ever seen in person. So sad that the only footage of it looks like it was filmed on a potato. 
The Accies support that day wasn't that big either so only a select few of us saw it live.

With the exception of some of the big wins over Motherwell in the Premiership in New Year's games that game at EEP is the most complete demolition job I've seen Accies give out.

We won't score 5 next Saturday, indeed it being Accies we are now due a defeat & low and behold we're playing the team most in need of a result...

7 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Offiong's goal in that 5-0 game is still the best goal I've ever seen in person. So sad that the only footage of it looks like it was filmed on a potato. 

We applauded it. 

They put the fans in the Norrie for the games at the start of the season when crowds were restricted. It's because the Norrie is accessible to all fans. Nothing to do with side of the pitch criticism.

Did they not have both Norrie and main stand? Admittedly I think that was for 1,000 fans or something. I’ve never been aware of just the Norrie being open before. Usually the main stand is the last to be closed - league cup group stage games and friendlies usually see just the main stand open. Could be wrong though.

Just watched your highlights against Morton, did any of your players make a proper connection with a header at any point in the game? 

You may be fortunate that Moyo is at AFCON so we don't really have the option to hoof as many balls up the park. Which is a shame as your inability to defend them yesterday was so evident. 

We've been the better team in both games against Dunfermline this season but still haven't scored from open play and the majority of our chances have come from set-pieces.

Hopefully Mullin returns and we can go back to a back 4 (probably dropping Easton) with Mimnaugh in from the start. Hamilton's still our best option at RB but we really need a proper full-back there ASAP.

If ever a team needed a win it is the Pars. Oooh wait a minute here come Accies.

We have done well recently and Pars will be hurting after yesterday and will tighten right up in defence. Can see this being a draw. But we really need to get in a full back and someone up top to help Ryan

I can’t think of very many goals that can top that, from seeing it in person anyway.

Me and my old man stood up and applauded it. In fact, all you could hear was applause. It totally drowned out the small band of Accies fans. Then just a deluge of BOOOOOOOOO.

I’ll go for 3-0 Accies. Can’t be on the end of 5+ goals two weeks in a row, surely? Then again it is Dunfermline: one of the two full-time clubs in the country that can totally f**k up having one of the biggest budgets in their respective leagues. We’ll be battling it out with that lot in League 1 for a play-off place next season, whilst some part-time team storms the league. No hope at all for this club with the current set up. Just pish decision after pish decision. Probably give the job to Ray McKinnon once Yogi gets punted at the end of the season.