The Ref v Forfar & Stranraer

A fun-filled day at Station Park and despite the ref's best attempts, a fairly exciting game. Couple of fine fitba flourishes by both teams and I thought Strachan was immense. Forfar again found lacking in upfront players but good performances from most players. Good to see Whyte get another run but didn't have much to do. Some refereeing, though.

Guest mr_malcolm
A fun-filled day at Station Park and despite the ref's best attempts, a fairly exciting game. Couple of fine fitba flourishes by both teams and I thought Strachan was immense. Forfar again found lacking in upfront players but good performances from most players. Good to see Whyte get another run but didn't have much to do. Some refereeing, though.

Kind of shows how stretched our squad is when whyte comes on to play midfield

A brace for Shep! Who saw that coming. Yes, they were penalties and other than that he did next to nothing. 

Both fullbacks were good for us. Grant Anderson was our only threat up front and glad he got his goal.

You knew Harkins was going to have another laughable day when his first touch of the game was a misplaced cross where he landed on his backside!

Guest mr_malcolm
Good win given everyone that's out. Thomas made a difference helping Slater get a grip of midfield second half.

Thomas is a cracking player, don’t understand why he’s no starting every week

19 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

Thomas is a cracking player, don’t understand why he’s no starting every week

Yeah I like him, I think Irvine has improved him, he seems a much busier and dogged player than last season. Wouldn't mind a midfield three of Slater, Thomas and Ness (when/if fit).

Guest mr_malcolm
And Fisher at right wing to finish! 

Best for Forfar was the Stranraer number 11.

And their keeper . Needs to practise kicking this week

Felt Shepherd did well this week despite being asked to lead the line on his own again. Still think he is better with someone beside him, if only we had a striker available to do that…

Crossan had one of his better games too and Anderson had the beating of Woods all afternoon without having to really try. What a day he had for Stranraer, gave away both pens and set up our second.

Sam Fisher at right wing for the last five minutes was something else. Fair play to him for filling in as asked, but it highlights our need for a winger as well as a striker.

Great again to see Darren Whyte get more minutes, surely it won’t be long until he replaces one of Munro or Anderson? Although I also thought the same with Travis and he seems to have been released unannounced which is a sad way to finish his time at the club.

I know we are missing a few players through illness at the moment but why are we starting Harkins again? We have players on the bench who should start ahead of him. I would rather Scott Robertson if we had to field a retired coach. 

Guest mr_malcolm
Felt Shepherd did well this week despite being asked to lead the line on his own again. Still think he is better with someone beside him, if only we had a striker available to do that…
Crossan had one of his better games too and Anderson had the beating of Woods all afternoon without having to really try. What a day he had for Stranraer, gave away both pens and set up our second.
Sam Fisher at right wing for the last five minutes was something else. Fair play to him for filling in as asked, but it highlights our need for a winger as well as a striker.
Great again to see Darren Whyte get more minutes, surely it won’t be long until he replaces one of Munro or Anderson? Although I also thought the same with Travis and he seems to have been released unannounced which is a sad way to finish his time at the club.
I know we are missing a few players through illness at the moment but why are we starting Harkins again? We have players on the bench who should start ahead of him. I would rather Scott Robertson if we had to field a retired coach. 

I’d rather Irvine in the middle of the park

Not a great game but a good result.

3 points with a depleted team, will take that all day long.

It highlights our need for reinforcements, however I don’t see it happening, as we have one of the biggest squads in the league!

imagine it will be difficult to bring in any players, especially in this window.