Thoughts on independence

Buc1958

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I agree with this thoroughly.

For Brexiteers like yourself, the country in question seems to be the issue. For example, you see political independence for the UK as a good, normal thing yet you heartily object to Scotland’s independence and even want to force Ireland back under UK rule (despite there being no appetite for this in Ireland).

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Another one who doesn't understand either the A of U or our electoral system.

Based purely on numbers, it's always going to be what your new homeland wants and gets. @Richey Edwards is absolutely spot on.  It has never been a fair playing field of, ahem, "4 equal partners" in this "union".

Whilst westminster can still crack their whip with the status quo, everything will continue to be heavily weighted in england's favour.

You know i'm right, but you are so staunchly entrenched in the tory doctrine down there, that you can no longer see beyond your 

image.jpeg.5ec881c54b6c34083550bd553b8e6cee.jpeg   

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

For Brexiteers like yourself,

I voted 'remain' in 2016 and despise Brexit.  I have made innumerable posts saying so.  That an assiduous follower of my posts like you to miss this is perplexing.

Just now, Thorongil said:

When it does happen I’m going to really enjoy it partly because of people like you. 🙂

'People like me'?  You mean blokes who despise the politics of division and hatred?

14 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Based purely on numbers, it's always going to be what your new homeland

OK so I have worked in Stavanger for years and did spend a lot of time based in Stockholm but I am curious about this 'new homeland' shit.

Mostly I have been in Britain, like the rest of us.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I voted 'remain' in 2016 and despise Brexit.  I have made innumerable posts saying so.  That an assiduous follower of my posts like you to miss this is perplexing.

'People like me'?  You mean blokes who despise the politics of division and hatred?

So you’ve claimed occasionally - before immediately switching to support ardent Brexiteers and claiming you find them and their positions reasonable (“Scott Steiner” being the most recent hardcore Brexiteer you were championing). Your problem isn’t that folk “miss” your posts - it’s that they keep track of your constant contradictions.

You lost any credibility (if you ever had any) in claiming you oppose division and hated when you were caught sharing the tweets of far right extremists (so egregious the platform banned them), and when you went beyond even Farage in claiming to want Ireland returned to UK rule (despite the will of the Irish people).

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

OK so I have worked in Stavanger for years and did spend a lot of time based in Stockholm but I am curious about this 'new homeland' shit.

Mostly I have been in Britain, like the rest of us.

• My Team : Rangers

The prosecution rests, m'lud.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Constantly

And more constantly been fluffing your fellow Brexiteers, either unable to resist doing so or uncaring that it shows up your pretendy opposition to Brexit for the nonsense we all know it is.

1 hour ago, Buc1958 said:

Like like like.

I hope my political views will now rid any doots that I'm Scott

Maybe our constant carping got through to you, Scott, and you finally saw the light.

Good to see you back on here but now posting with all the zeal of a convert!

👍