Mo V Alloa

Looking forward to seeing the new signings. Hope they can hit the ground running. We've been crying out for a striker since being in L1 so hopefully Simpson & Gardyne are the final pieces to the jigsaw. We've got a score to settle with Alloa as they are 1 of only 2 teams beat us this season.

Revenge will be sweet. 3-1 to the Mighty Mo.

Alloa stole 3 points at LP .. we stole a point at the Inodrill.  Who knows what will happen tomorrow.  Depends on who’s fit and covid free.  We’ve been struggling for numbers for weeks but grinding out results. Hopefully, tomorrow sees us back to something close to full strength and if we are we’ll win. Hope that’s not the kiss of death!

we have been grim since the 2 - 2 game (second half included )

can only see a home win here  .

Sodding covid means i have to miss a trip to links park , Was looking forward to this  first time in decades since i had been there . 

Edited by Vegetableman

1 hour ago, notsofedupendie said:

Alloa stole 3 points at LP .. we stole a point at the Inodrill.  Who knows what will happen tomorrow.  Depends on who’s fit and covid free.  We’ve been struggling for numbers for weeks but grinding out results. Hopefully, tomorrow sees us back to something close to full strength and if we are we’ll win. Hope that’s not the kiss of death!

I thought Montrose deserved their point at Alloa, and although Montrose gave it a good go second half at Links I thought we were quite solid at the back and merited the win.

As Vegetableman says its been a downward trajectory since the 2 2 draw for Alloa. Montrose impressed in both games against us, despite only picking up a point. Players looked low on confidence at Airdrie, we'll need to get that out of our system to get a result.

One good thing about the restrictions is that we won't be seeing the fat middle aged casual and his band of pavement dancers this time! [emoji1]
Don't think we'll be seeing him back at Links Park even when restrictions are lifted tbf[emoji102]

Anyway, 6-0 win today please, hat tricks from Gardyne and Templeman.

I thought that a draw was just about the right result. Montrose played the better football but didn't create all that much. As for us the constant long balls were a hard watch and our goal came from one of the few times that we actually managed to put together a decent move on the deck. Another point away from the bottom two but we're still not playing well.

I’d say 2 points dropped by Montrose. Had the majority of the play but lacked killer instinct in front of goal. A brilliant clearance and save denied Montrose 2 goals in the first half, seagull made a great save as well to deny Alloa before they scored right at the end of the half. Goal came on the counter after a poor choice of pass by Montrose as they attacked.

Second half wasn’t played as fast as the first and took a great free kick from Liam to equalise. He went close again after but not much else in the way of chances after that. 

Undefeated run continues and more minutes for Simpson who impressed again. Huge came against cove next week with them winning again today 

A draw was a fair result today we never did enough to win the game. Game was very slow by Montrose today no urgency I thought,new boys looked ok  big lad up front can certainly hold up the ball and a think we will see the real Gardyne in weeks to come.

Can't have to much complaints with an off day as we are still 14 ? Unbeaten in the league....On to next weekend.

Decent game, I thought. Probably should have found a way to win it, but couldn't quite get the break in front of goal. I don't think Alloa are as bad as their league position suggests, but their manager is poor and they are strong enough to win points and games despite him rather than because of him. They were certainly the more direct side, and Sammon won the 'bald off' with Dillon today. Not too unhappy with a point, slightly annoying that other results went against us. Early signs from Gardyne are very positive, and Simpson looks like he could do a job, though he is still a bit rough round the edges. Keatings though - sorry, but back to Raith ASAP. Waste of a sub IMO.

Shame the Cove game isn't a couple of weeks further down the line to give SP a bit more time to fine tune the team before such a big encounter, but no reason to fear it. Bring it on. 

I'm feeling fairly shattered tonight so I might not get the highlights out at midnight.

But I'll summarise; we shaded the first half, Montrose the second half. I think what struck me about the moments I clipped were the succession of Montrose chances in the second half. The highlights might make it look worse than it really was.

On the balance of play I'd probably say a draw was fair and absolutely anti-climactic for both sides.

Well I’ll be buggered.

Are Alloa our bogie team?

Well done to both teams.

A message to Alloa fans, keep BF as manager 😉 😂

I couldnae make the game the day, had to work, but would prefer to have been there, if the Alloa fans could have been there also, I like to have a crack with opposition fans, makes the game more enjoyable. Even got on fine some Raith fans, Peterhead fans and …even some Airdrie, despite their young team fans being a bunch of knobs, the older crew were fine

In ordinary circumstances a point away at Montrose would be a good result, but I felt Montrose were there for the taking today, particularly first half. We played a lot of aimless punts up the pitch but they really struggled to deal with them and were extremely open at the back, and with a bit of care in the final third we had plenty 2v2 and 3v3/4 opportunities that we easily could’ve capitalised on. So frustrating watching us constantly sit off and refuse to press. That said we did make a good clearance off the line and rode our luck at times in the second half so a point was probably a fair result.

Point doesn’t really do us a lot of good in the scheme of things if we’re looking for a play-off place, but need to hope the point can breed a bit of badly needed confidence for the coming weeks. Next week against an out of form Queens Park is another massive game in terms of getting away from the bottom and starting a run of form that can push us up the table, I’m just not sure Ferguson can set us up positively enough to take the game to them and win.