Take my hand off to neverneverland

Is the line not..

Take my hand, we're off to never neverland ?

I like holding hands. Something wholesome about the wee man wanting to hold hands walking down the street or crossing a road.

I'll miss it when he grows up.

2 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

Is the line not..

I like holding hands. Something wholesome about the wee man wanting to hold hands walking down the street or crossing a road.

Ach, in about 50 years time roles will be reversed. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Knopfler said:

Depends what song you're listening to.

I suppose.

In answer to your question though, I would be happy to have a hand removed and be sent to Pandora from Avatar as I would inserted into the body of one of the aliens.

Westeros might be ok too if I got a gold hand and still got plenty ass like Ser Jaimie Lanister. 

Having a hook for a hand and being one of the pirate lads in Pirates of the Caribbean might be fun too.

On 07/01/2022 at 11:13, Kima Greggs said:

Yes, you will.

Also gone but not forgotten: stoating about the town with the wee man on my shoulders, and swinging him round in circles on the way home from nursery.

I could still do the latter right up until he left Primary. Might be a bit big these days, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Edit: I can still pick him up and hold him upside down, but I need a few days rest afterwards.

Edited by BFTD

On 07/01/2022 at 11:24, Kima Greggs said:

I suppose.

In answer to your question though, I would be happy to have a hand removed and be sent to Pandora from Avatar as I would inserted into the body of one of the aliens.

Westeros might be ok too if I got a gold hand and still got plenty ass like Ser Jaimie Lanister. 

Having a hook for a hand and being one of the pirate lads in Pirates of the Caribbean might be fun too.

Go shag your sister then

On 07/01/2022 at 11:13, Kima Greggs said:

Is the line not..

You'll look back on these days in years to come and realise they were the happiest days of your life

Make the most of them!

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm more intriguing by the "sleep with one eye open" part.  Has anybody here successfully managed to pull off such a feat?

Apparently there's people who sleep with both eyes open. I'm sure someone posted here about waking up during the night to find their latest conquest staring intently at them and snoring.

On 07/01/2022 at 11:24, Kima Greggs said:

I suppose.

Dibs on becoming Ash Williams, most specifically Army of Darkness era; it'd be utter shite having to deal with the sheer terror and death in Evil Dead, but ending up embracing the madness, a chainsaw arm, BOOMSTICK, banging a maiden, defeating an evil clone of myself with the help of some convenient popular mechanics books and winning over a vaguely middle ages populace with my heroism + the cool dry wit of an action hero?

Groovy.

7 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Dibs on becoming Ash Williams, most specifically Army of Darkness era; it'd be utter shite having to deal with the sheer terror and death in Evil Dead, but ending up embracing the madness, a chainsaw arm, BOOMSTICK, banging a maiden, defeating an evil clone of myself with the help of some convenient popular mechanics books and winning over a vaguely middle ages populace with my heroism + the cool dry wit of an action hero?

Groovy.

Remember to sleep with one eye open in your cave. Wouldn't want to wake up in the future.

Or even worse, a branch of S-Mart.

Is the line not..

This sort of chat gives me the feels.

I can remember reading somewhere and I cant remember if it was on here, someone talking about when your kids wanting you to pick them up, and how one day youl pick them up for the last ever time because they wont want picked up anymore.