Barins vs Sons

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Did we play a 3-4-3 or did Morrison play up top with Dowds and Mcguffie in at centre midfield?

Definitely 3-5-2 with Morrison up beside Dowds.

Keena then subbed on for Morrison as a straight swap, didn't drop a striker until the 90th minute to give Dowds an ovation 

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

East Fife next week is now enormous for Faz and the club. If we don't win that game then I think the board will face some major pressure to act, especially given how poor our home form is.

At least if East Fife beat us next week, we might not have to bother facing the misery of the play-offs again.

9 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are under investigation for match fixing after this. I’m fully expecting one of our players to just blooter it into our own net shortly.

Couldn’t catch too much of the game but this is the perfect summary for me. Pretty mental defensive performance from Dumbarton especially after being so worth their victory here back in September 

Yeah, Dowds will never get an easier hat trick than he did yesterday! Falkirk will never, ever find it so easy to score 6 goals in a single game either.

The goals were so amateur and there could have been so many more. I was surprised by the highlights at how many chances we actually did create so you can see why Falkirk have been struggling. A team with any competent forward players  would have scored 4 yesterday, rather than the 2 we got.

It is bizarre how from one week to the other we can go from looking reasonably comfortable to that shambles. I actually feel like most of the goals could have been cut out at various different points. From the full back being beaten too easily, then a cross in and the CB not tracking a run and then the 'keeper not doing enough or being sharp enough to get down. Our defence are an absolute gang and we have no leader in there.

I wonder what difference it would make having McGeever back in there though...

Ps, Gregor does need to sort that hair out. As soon as he signed I said he needs to get it sorted.

The highlights are grim viewing for us. Yes defensively we are poor and we badly need a new goalkeeper but for me we have 2 guys, our captain and vice, playing defensive midfield who look lazy and offer no protection.  Ok, they scored our 2 goals but look at Paton's positioning for at least 4 of Falkirks goals, he's walking, making no attempt to cover others and basically offers nothing. To me he's a big problem in our side. 

Watching the highlights again. What the feck was the linesman doing missing the keeper handling the ball he's right in line with it FFS. Gary miller selling the jerseys again for their first goal. He shouldn't be anywhere near the bloody team. No idea still what the penalty was for still. Played some decent stuff but the defence is still far too ropey and needs strengthened for the next few games.

It's not often I say this but to be fair to the officials it looks like Ramsbottom's arm is just inside the box when he makes the save. Either way, Morrison should score and missed another two easy chances as well (one not included in the highlights for some reason).

We'll have to be more clinical going forward as the teams above us aren't going to be offering up chances for fun, especially if we continue to concede such hilarious goals ourselves.

1114215130_ScreenShot2022-01-09at12_06_57.thumb.png.eab86c6c9bf3f95c1e1e2fb98b0b9761.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

The highlights are grim viewing for us. Yes defensively we are poor and we badly need a new goalkeeper but for me we have 2 guys, our captain and vice, playing defensive midfield who look lazy and offer no protection.  Ok, they scored our 2 goals but look at Paton's positioning for at least 4 of Falkirks goals, he's walking, making no attempt to cover others and basically offers nothing. To me he's a big problem in our side. 

As much as I would love both CDM players out of our team I don't think you can blame Paton for 4 of our goals... we kept passing the ball straight to them and it was the centre half who kept doing that, not Paton.

We should have had at least 4 goals yesterday too, which just shows we don't have qualify in the final 3rd. You can see why every other team has punished Falkirk.

7 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

. I actually feel like most of the goals could have been cut out at various different points. From the full back being beaten too easily, then a cross in and the CB not tracking a run and then the 'keeper not doing enough or being sharp enough to get down. 

Surely every goal scored in a football match could have been avoided at various points in play before the goal.

Also yeah if The Sons took all their clear cut chances they would have scored 4 but likewise if we took ours we would have scored 9, its all ifs ands and buts. 

1 hour ago, unused sub said:

Surely every goal scored in a football match could have been avoided at various points in play before the goal.

Also yeah if The Sons took all their clear cut chances they would have scored 4 but likewise if we took ours we would have scored 9, its all ifs ands and buts. 

Yesterday really could have been 10 - 4.

Some poor misses and awful defending by both teams.

Absolute priority must be getting Hall and McKay out of the team.

As much as I would love both CDM players out of our team I don't think you can blame Paton for 4 of our goals... we kept passing the ball straight to them and it was the centre half who kept doing that, not Paton.
We should have had at least 4 goals yesterday too, which just shows we don't have qualify in the final 3rd. You can see why every other team has punished Falkirk.

Paton is rapidly becoming the new Hutton for some of our fans

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Watching the highlights again. What the feck was the linesman doing missing the keeper handling the ball he's right in line with it FFS. Gary miller selling the jerseys again for their first goal. He shouldn't be anywhere near the bloody team. No idea still what the penalty was for still. Played some decent stuff but the defence is still far too ropey and needs strengthened for the next few games.

That's more like it Shadwell. I was staring to get worried about you.

5 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

I'm not blaming him solely, clearly there are errors across the team but look at him, he's making no effort to recover or cover for some other horrific defending. He's meant to be an experienced pro but he's cutting about not looking interested. That sort of effort is what grinds my gears, if we had players giving 100% sprinting around trying to do better then I would be a bit more forgiving. Walking, allowing players to run off him, not covering where the clear danger is is inexcusable. 

5 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

Wasn't there and have only seen the highlights, however, the two goals that you did get were extremely fortuitous so, unless you've missed two other sitters that weren't on the telly then I would say that you should have scored at least two, not four.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Wasn't there and have only seen the highlights, however, the two goals that you did get were extremely fortuitous so, unless you've missed two other sitters that weren't on the telly then I would say that you should have scored at least two, not four.

Nae idea if they are in the highlights but Duthie missed two absolute sitters, both headers at the back post IIRC. 

Not that it matters a jot, we were roundly pumped. I thought Falkirk played well yesterday and you can only beat what’s infront of you, but they still gifted us goals which against someone like a Montrose, Cove, Queens Park or Airdrie would probably be punished. Watching Dowds yesterday had me seriously questioning why he was ever allowed to leave on loan, he was superb.