Barins vs Sons

This is true

3 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
5 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:
Tough ask of a wilting Dumbarton squad, my bet Farrells last game…comfy 3-0 win to the bairns

Says a man who has not seen us of late

however I’ve seen us....and we are piss poor 😂

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Unless we bring in a couple of bodies today it's hard to see anything other than a home win, and I suspect my coupon will have Falkirk on it.

Bear in mind we may still have Brad Mckay & Ben Hall playing in defence. We've also got no clue how many of our team or who in our team is out with Covid.

Edited by FFC 1876

Despite Falkirk being shite they comfortably sworded us 3-0 on our own tattie field not so long ago. I believe that may even be the last time Falkirk picked up a point?

I’m not trying to outgloom the Falkirk fans here but trust me, if this isn’t a comfortable home win I will be astounded. 

49 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Bear in mind we may still have Brad Mckay & Ben Hall playing in defence. We've also got no clue how many of our team or who in our team is out with Covid.

It won't matter mate. Kenny Miller could play at the back and we wouldn't trouble you.

Falkirk absolutely battered us in the 3-0 game at the Rock. But for Sam Ramsbottom that would've been a 6/7-0 job. It looked like they'd finally hit their stride.

We really need to start picking up some points from somewhere. Or at the very least need to stop losing games - we've barely drawn any this season, and that inability to grind out a point is a major reason why we are where we are. Amongst many others.

There's no point in even trying to pick a team given the Covid situation could see just about anybody ruled out at any time. I'd like to see Conner Duthie back, but I believe he tested positive on January 1 (or was a contact, or whatever) so I'm guessing that won't be possible.

Aside from that I'd keep Paddy Boyle at centre-half alongside Edin Lynch even if Gregor Buchanan is able to return. And I'd keep Sam Muir at left-back. I really didn't think he was up to League One, but since returning to the team he's won me over. 

I still think he's a bit shaky defensively, but he's got a lovely left foot and definitely offers us something different going forward. He could be an ideal wing-back in a 3-5-2, but I've no idea if a drastic change in formation like that would suit us.

Right now I'd be delighted with a low scoring draw.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Falkirk absolutely battered us in the 3-0 game at the Rock. But for Sam Ramsbottom that would've been a 6/7-0 job. It looked like they'd finally hit their stride.

We really need to start picking up some points from somewhere. Or at the very least need to stop losing games - we've barely drawn any this season, and that inability to grind out a point is a major reason why we are where we are. Amongst many others.

There's no point in even trying to pick a team given the Covid situation could see just about anybody ruled out at any time. I'd like to see Conner Duthie back, but I believe he tested positive on January 1 (or was a contact, or whatever) so I'm guessing that won't be possible.

Aside from that I'd keep Paddy Boyle at centre-half alongside Edin Lynch even if Gregor Buchanan is able to return. And I'd keep Sam Muir at left-back. I really didn't think he was up to League One, but since returning to the team he's won me over. 

I still think he's a bit shaky defensively, but he's got a lovely left foot and definitely offers us something different going forward. He could be an ideal wing-back in a 3-5-2, but I've no idea if a drastic change in formation like that would suit us.

Right now I'd be delighted with a low scoring draw.

Didn't he play there in that formation in the game at New Bayview? It didn't end well.

Just now, lionel wickson said:

Didn't he play there in that formation in the game at New Bayview? It didn't end well.

Bayview was a pioneering 3-3-2-2. Which sounds like a 3-5-2. But in reality was a bunch of confused looking footballers bumping into each other.

The game at Dumbarton was our last decent performance

Aside from a horrendous 3-0 scudding at home to Airdrie a few weeks before, it had been a mixed bag of results/ performances overall. We were still only 4 points off the top of the league after the game at the Rock and with Morrison and Williamson finally fit again I was confident we would kick on under Sheerin and go on a good run. Instead, the following results happened:

Falkirk 0 - 1 Montrose

Falkirk 1 - 2 Raith (who played with 10 men for 70 minutes)

Queens Park 6 - 0 Falkirk

Falkirk 0 - 3 Cove

Falkirk 1 - 2 Clyde (without Goodwillie)

If Dumbarton could be as poor as some of their fans are predicting that would be lovely. Then with Holt gone we can use the rest of the January to hopefully salvage this season.  

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Rumours on our thread that we’ve barely a team to put out and Holts in goal. Wild Saturday incoming.

Maybe it'll be 3 - 1 then instead... 

Also, Airdrie tried to play that card last week and in the end had 2 players out vs our 3/4 unexpected covid omissions. Which when you compare the squad sizes almost obliterated us. Add in that we have offloaded 2 of our absolutely pointless signings this week we could have less again.

Anybodies guess though...

Edited by squeezebox-son