Airdrie v East Fife

11 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

Well that was easy. As good as we were in the first half I'm struggling to remember a team as poor as East Fife

Worryingly, apart from the 'keeper who's missed the last 2 games & the suspended loanee, Connell, that was pretty much our 1st choice team!

Enjoyed that first half on Saturday, very relaxed atmosphere and the early goal allowed the team to play with that confidence we've become accustomed to (still feels strange, being Airdrie and all that!).

First goal was a great finish but WTF are both centre halves doing, Allan is literally standing with 2 yards of space either side, and his first touch is wonderful.  Nice build up play for the second, great knock down by Allan, but again, the space in the box is ridiculous, but not our problem so wont complain. Friz ball for the 3rd is delicious, as is the first touch by Easton.  Not even going to mention the 2nd half. Would I liked to have seen some more goals? of course, but if its a choice of 3-0 at half time and see out games, sign me up!

A few times on Saturday there were some situations where we had no right to win a ball or were 70/30 against to win a challenge and we came out on top.  The desire and will to win individual battles was second to none.  I've genuinely never been as happy watching an Airdrie team in a long time, so Kudos to Murray et al for building a team which makes going to the games on a saturday very, very easy.

As @++Ammo - Airdrie++ and others have said, a very comfortable afternoon. 

Both the first and second half were good in different ways. Much as I'd have enjoyed seeing the foot put down and another few goals scored, the cruise control of the second half was professional and sensible. A few chances were still made to add further gloss to the scoreline. Great to see Josh Kerr on for a longer period of time as well as his return continues to be folded in. 

Jordan Allan had a great game and that touch and finish were superb. All three goals were very good, but East Fife were beyond generous with the time and space they allowed us. Their only saving grace at the moment is the woefulness of Dumbarton, who are on a similarly shocking run of form. That's going to be some match between the two on Saturday. 

Airdrie are a joy to watch at the moment and it really is heartening. Here's hoping for a productive January to carry this forward into the rest of the season.