The Binos v Kelty Hearts

Next game for us is a meeting with League leaders Kelty at the earlier time of 13.00.  

After last Sundays win at Stenny confidence is high at the Binos but it will be a much harder task for us to get something on Saturday against a Kelty side top of the League with only 1 defeat so far this season. 

Squad wish for the Binos we should have a better squad to pick from on Saturday with the return of Jack Leitch and Adam Cummings. 

Its going to be tough but I think we might just get a share of the points on Saturday. 👍

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

Next game for us is a meeting with League leaders Kelty at the earlier time of 13.00.  

After last Sundays win at Stenny confidence is high at the Binos but it will be a much harder task for us to get something on Saturday against a Kelty side top of the League with only 1 defeat so far this season. 

Squad wish for the Binos we should have a better squad to pick from on Saturday with the return of Jack Leitch and Adam Cummings. 

Its going to be tough but I think we might just get a share of the points on Saturday. 👍

Awe pants we’re not very good at the early kick offs it seems , would take a draw to get back on track but fek it go big or go home 2 - 0 Kelty 😁♥️♥️ 

Happy new year 

Losing to a bunch of money grabbing mercenaries who could easily be playing in the leagues above, but would rather be part of “a project” is no surprise and can be accepted, but the way we lost was pretty much all self inflicted and that, along with the Second Half collapse, was the disappointing thing.

Fair play to Kelty, they took their only chance of the First Half with a lovely through ball to Austin and after that, well it was pretty much a much of a muchness half. Difficult under foot conditions didn’t help and sadly we couldn’t finish off probably our only real goal scoring opportunity of the game.

Second Half, self inflicted and well finished goals by Cardle and the game was done but really Kelty were in cruise control as we huffed and puffed, argued and really just continued to stand off them and let them play.

The arguing and squabbling amongst players was the most concerning aspect for me, hopefully it was nothing more than frustration boiling over but it’s unlike this squad, certainly publicly, which is why the alarm bells are ringing slightly.

I’ve been full of praise for the way we have played in our 3 games under Young, but I think today was the first time where he would have seen that there is a-lot of work to do and he’ll also see that the spin that KR put on this squad was just that, spin.

The Midfield 3 of Grant, Banner and Roberts were simply awful, continually giving the ball away and continually letting Reilly, Cardle and Tidser just walk about the middle of the park without a care in the world. It was pretty amateur to be honest and it’s cost us the first 2 goals at least.

A section of fans are shouting for a Striker and I think it’s clear for all to see that we do lack a focal point, Mackin has never been the answer for me and for as much as I like and rate Carrick, he seems to be low in confidence but what can anyone do when the team is creating absolutely nothing. Scally and Flannigan, once again they tried and looked lovely and I think Scally can be a bit p’d off with being taken off because I think he did ok, but we could have had any striker up front today and I doubt we would have scored as they simply wouldn’t have had anything to work off.

The Defending was simply shocking, yes they weren’t helped by the Midfield, as mentioned above, but some of the stuff was woeful. Positives, going forward Leo Watson looked good and Mason Hancock looked the part when he was introduced but we simply crumbled and had Blair Currie to thank for the score not being higher.

It’s not the game to start pushing panic buttons and it’s not the game to go over the top about because Kelty are good (no shit Sherlock), in fact probably one of the best teams recently seen at this level, but alarm bells must be starting to ring and we can forget about Play Offs if this type of performance becomes a regular occurrence.

Stranraer next, would be good to see a new Striker in by then at least and hopefully the rest of the squad can get back to the levels we saw against Stenny. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Very disappointing performance today. Losing and early goal is never a good sign although I thought it looked offside. We held our own until half time but second half we fell apart. I'm not sure if this was because Kelty played better of we simply crumbled. It seemed to coincide with us switching from a back 3 and 2 wing backs to a back 4. Overall Kelty were the better side without being brilliant. We simply didn't lay a glove on them today and that's what hurts the most.

Good to see Martin McNiff back and Mason Hancock looked useful coming off the bench. 

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

floodlights don’t work?

Yes problem with floodlights, caused the cancellation of the recent Stirling Uni game who share Forthbank with us. Inactive Stirling hopefully are in the process of getting them fixed. 

Its been said by previous posters poor performance today from us. Expected more after win at Stenny last week but unfortunately we seemed to have slipped back to our old ways. Kelty took their chances well while we struggled to make anything par a couple of efforts late in the second half when 3-0 down. 

Can only hope DY can turn this around. Expect a couple of new faces in to help us and maybe a couple out. Fingers crossed for an improvement next week at Stranraer. 

Good to see Reilly back today and O’ware, like having two new signings also Peggie back from loan spell 

Hope Barjos ok 

As for the game a very welcome 3 points and not a pretty match  but won it without having to do much if that makes sense 

Shocking from front to back, 1st thing any new manager does after coming in is shore up the defence, mcgeachy never a right wing back centre half at best, a captain leads, no evidence where he's concerned, been leaking goals for weeks,  post above saying happy to have mcniff back the guys done took Leo off who was probably the only highlight, Carrick isolated for ghe fill game without any support, flannie and scally nothing in attacking half, all good doing flashy touches in your own half produces nothing, some boys continually given a Jersey despite week in week out poor performances, crainey what he brings to the team even the fans in stand dont know, any hope is young brings in his own staff and freshens everything up or could be an extremely harsh lessen at ibrox in 2 weeks time. 

Also anyone that was at the stenny game could have seen easily that stenny should have been 3 . 0 up and out of sight in the game if it wasn't for the own goal and make no mistake boot up the park for flannie who finished well by the way would have been another loss 

We were competitive if completely unthreatening until the second goal when it went in we just fell apart. There's a good side in there somewhere if it wasn't for a lack of pace in defence, a lack of creativity in midfield and no cutting edge up front, we could do with a leader on the park as well.

It was disappointing to hear the arguing and 'blame game' amongst the players towards the end.

Given the service that Caddick, Mackin, and the others who have been tried, a new striker isn't going to improve matters. Long balls to a lone striker and lack of crosses from the wings don't give him much chance to shoot never mind score.

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

I see from the post match interview Dazza has taken up from where the previous manager left with the old “training’s been good” patter 🤣

Standard response from most managers these days, its a pity they cant transfer that to the actual match. 🤨

19 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Standard response from most managers these days, its a pity they cant transfer that to the actual match. 🤨

Seems more prevalent to lower leagues I would say. Just what the fans want to hear after being skelped 3-0 at home.