Q.P. vs B.T.

C'mon guys --it's Thursday and still no thread ? . Hopefully back to somewhere near a full squad to choose from for Saturday which is a game that will (I think) show where we are regarding change of management and importantly keep some clear space between us and the chasing pack. 

Thoughts ?

14 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

C'mon guys --it's Thursday and still no thread ? . Hopefully back to somewhere near a full squad to choose from for Saturday which is a game that will (I think) show where we are regarding change of management and importantly keep some clear space between us and the chasing pack. 

Thoughts ?

We really need to win this as we are in danger of dropping out of the  playoff places.

It'll be three weeks since the Montrose game and I've fair missed it. Not sure how I coped thinking back to the first lockdown. 

Interesting to see how the players react after the gaffers departure. It may be the usual but hopefully a bit more fire in the performance. 

Taken points from each other this season so no easy feat. Tight game but 2-0 is the Maryhill forecast. COYQuuueeens. 

As they all are now, this is a must win game. The players are now playing for their places and that should be incentive enough to spur them on. My only caveat is not knowing who will be available and for that reason I have gone for 2-1 Queens. Would hope for a management announcement before the game. They surely had someone lined up?

It'll take a miracle to get this game on. 

The pitch is currently frozen with about three inches of snow on top.

Even if the snow did clear up overnight(although it is forecast to remain close to freezing), there is a large section in front of the Colin Weir Stand which, at this time of year, won't get any direct sunlight at all so probably won't thaw out until the start of next week. 

That's before you factor in the rain scheduled for tomorrow.

The one saving grace is that it is early enough for Peterhead not to be on the road when it is called off, although an inspection should have been held today in my opinion as it would deliver the same outcome.

31 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Even Cliftonhill passing a pitch inspection today ffs

Yep. I think some questions need answered. Does Firhill have undersoil heating? If it does, why wasn't it deployed when freezing temperatures were well forecast? Whose responsibility is it to check this when ground sharing? Why did we ever go there in the first place if drainage is/was an issue at this stadium?

Is undersoil heating not just required in the Premier & not sure it has to be on at all times, having it does seem to make the pitch more fragile. Who all uses Firhill now obviously Thistle, Queens & is there still rugby played  there as well which all must take its toll on the surface. You would have expected Queens to have been looking to share this season somewhere with plastic as it would have been better for wear & tear & is the surface they are going to have when Lesser is ready. 

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Is undersoil heating not just required in the Premier & not sure it has to be on at all times, having it does seem to make the pitch more fragile. Who all uses Firhill now obviously Thistle, Queens & is there still rugby played  there as well which all must take its toll on the surface. You would have expected Queens to have been looking to share this season somewhere with plastic as it would have been better for wear & tear & is the surface they are going to have when Lesser is ready. 

The pitch is waterlogged. It has nothing to do with undersoil heating. I very much doubt that this will be the last match postponed at Firhill before the winter is out. There is no rugby being played at the ground but the pitch has been steadily deteriorating. As far as Queen's Park's choice of ground for this season is concerned, I certainly would have preferred Hamilton.

On 08/01/2022 at 14:54, I Zingari said:

The pitch is waterlogged. It has nothing to do with undersoil heating. I very much doubt that this will be the last match postponed at Firhill before the winter is out. There is no rugby being played at the ground but the pitch has been steadily deteriorating. As far as Queen's Park's choice of ground for this season is concerned, I certainly would have preferred Hamilton.

Hamilton is exactly where we should have gone and I said this at the start of the season. The Scottish winter does not allow for a game on grass each week. Please don't anybody come back and point out that Hamilton were at home yesterday, because, if we had been playing there this season, our fixtures and indeed Hamilton's would have been arranged accordingly.

In a past incarnation was a Dons supporter, that was when Pittodrie had a great surface, after my time they shared with Caley for a season and at some point had to install undersoil heating, remember reading with that system in place the roots of the grass did not go as far down as usual and the grass tended to die off which was certainly in evidence at Pittodrie around that time as it turned into a midden. Undecided about plastic but a good one would seem to make sense at this level.