The Apprentice 2022

smpar

As soon as you saw Navid being ignored and dominated at the flavour creation bit I said that he was getting the chop.  I've watched this far too much.

Surely the easy way to win that task was to just come up with a flavoured drink which has a decent pun for a name.  Breach of the peach or something.  

Did quite like Vodify though.

No idea why the PM has brought Akshay back in here, he made most their sales. 
Navid could be in bother here. He's got no backbone and if Sophie has realised her error she'll try and throw him under the bus. 
Amy should gave been brought in - she thinks she's a branding genius but is anything but.

As soon as you saw Navid being ignored and dominated at the flavour creation bit I said that he was getting the chop.  I've watched this far too much.
Surely the easy way to win that task was to just come up with a flavoured drink which has a decent pun for a name.  Breach of the peach or something.  
The Vodify branding was quite effective - and the PM was right about it being important - it's what won the task.

Sugar's look when he said it showed how out of touch he is - there's lots of style over substance products out there on the market.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

He should've had his dinner money taken off him and his head flushed down the toilet in the first episode.

31 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Amy should gave been brought in - she thinks she's a branding genius but is anything but.

Agreed. Everyone thought the branding was shit and it put the buyers off. The public feedback was equally rubbish. 

I know it happens rarely, but Sugar should've used his discretion to bring Amy back in as well since the PM didn't. She has been given a get out of jail free card there and has basically been saved by Navid being a timid wimp. 

Edited by Michael W

Agreed. Everyone thought the branding was shit and it put the buyers off. The public feedback was equally rubbish. 
I know it happens rarely, but Sugar should've used his discretion to bring Amy back in as well since the PM didn't. She has been given a get out of jail free card there and has basically been saved by Navid being a timid wimp. 

I prefer lager, but I can appreciate a decent flavoured beer or IPA.

Spices in a beer don’t appeal to me, but they would to someone else I’d imagine, but if I’m in a supermarket and the offer is that, or a can that’s bright and stands out I know what I’m going for.

Sugar was wrong last night IMO.  What do you get to first?  The branding/advertising of a product, or the taste/usage of the product?  The branding was good from the Nick's team and they won the task.  The branding was shite from the Sophie's team and they lost the task.

Of course the branding has to be good.  Daft old fud.

I won't pretend to know anything about Business but can someone who does answer me this question. Is the whole point of a market research group not to see how your product comes across and then makes changes accordingly?

I never ever understand the point of the market research in these tasks as they don't change anything regardless of what's been said. Is it purely filler for the show?

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I never ever understand the point of the market research in these tasks as they don't change anything regardless of what's been said. Is it purely filler for the show?

Think it is used in the show to act as a precursor for complaints they will face in the Q&A after a pitch. But, yes, it kills a bit of running time as well.

I found out today that Big Navid has already been on two reality programmes prior to The Apprentice, including Rich Kids Go Skint. Glad to see him gone, Sophie remains fit and her long glare at Akshay before declaring "boaf" was comedy gold.

12 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

"Sugar and Spice" with a logo of Lord Sugar disco dancing with the Spice Girls.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I won't pretend to know anything about Business but can someone who does answer me this question. Is the whole point of a market research group not to see how your product comes across and then makes changes accordingly?

Of course theres no point in it. 'Proper' market research isnt conducted with a focus group of half a dozen people either. Its just going through the motions to sell the idea of a process. 

Likewise prototypes are there to be changed. Someone on here last week was moaning about the girls in a pitch offering to change things but in real life thats exactly what would happen.

I know I repeat this time and again, and I'm a mug for still watching it, but the whole thing is a collosal waste of time in the early stages since it ceased to be a 10 week interview process for a job.. Its Dragons Den, no more, no less. Guaranteed before the show started Sugar already knows which 4 or 5 have any chance of reaching interviews, and quite possibly which two may be finalists. Someone who impresses in the show may get to interviews with a lousy business proposal but thats as far as they will go. There will be people lose every week going nowhere because he sees merit in their business proposal.

20 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Likewise prototypes are there to be changed. Someone on here last week was moaning about the girls in a pitch offering to change things but in real life thats exactly what would happen.

It would but I think it undermines the whole point of the tasks. I know it's not what would happen in real life but it's something that could be exploited by both teams to cover blatant shiteness in their concepts.

It would be a lot more entertaining to watch them squirm and try to explain why they have come up with these stupid ideas instead of using the get out of jail free card.

Edited by Steve_Wilkos

I thought Navid was just a naïve bumbler until he came out with that bizarre comment in the taxi about being a playboy. That makes sense in the context of him being a serial reality show contestant as someone mentioned. Him being a weirdo might be part of why the women ganged up on him.