Coaching Carousel, 2022

lichtie23

Lynn is about the only former Chargers HC I don't think is a total plank.

He's a genuinely good guy, the players love him, and his man management is great. Not an X&O's guy, he's a bit of a dinosaur in that respect, and nobody should ever let him try to manage game situations again, but there's no doubt in my mind he's absolutely a worthwhile addition to any coaching staff.

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Lynn is about the only former Chargers HC I don't think is a total plank.

He's a genuinely good guy, the players love him, and his man management is great. Not an X&O's guy, he's a bit of a dinosaur in that respect, and nobody should ever let him try to manage game situations again, but there's no doubt in my mind he's absolutely a worthwhile addition to any coaching staff.

Came across really well on hard knocks 

It’s looking increasingly likely that the Texans will be promoting Lovie Smith from DC to HC to continue what has been yet another binfire of a coaching process.

Apparently the final two was down to Flores and McCown, with the Texans front office wanting to hire the latter. However, the Flores lawsuit and the questions over diverse hiring practices made the optics of picking him look poor, so they’ve now had to pivot to interviewing a guy who has been there all along.

At least we’re keeping Pep Hamilton as OC tho, a tiny grain of positivity in a cereal box full of crap.

It’s looking increasingly likely that the Texans will be promoting Lovie Smith from DC to HC to continue what has been yet another binfire of a coaching process.
Apparently the final two was down to Flores and McCown, with the Texans front office wanting to hire the latter. However, the Flores lawsuit and the questions over diverse hiring practices made the optics of picking him look poor, so they’ve now had to pivot to interviewing a guy who has been there all along.
At least we’re keeping Pep Hamilton as OC tho, a tiny grain of positivity in a cereal box full of crap.
I was hoping Da Bears could get Pep Hamilton as a QB/Off type Coach.

Love Lovie Smith, but do wonder if his time has passed now.

Lions have promoted TE coach Ben Johnson to OC. Johnson saw increased involvement in the offense when Dan Campbell took over play calling after the bye week. It's unclear at this point if Campbell will continue to call plays for next season.

Relatively happy with the Dennis Allen appointment, he's been a solid DC. Will be very interested to see who he goes for/brings in at QB. It's a talented Saints roster all over the field, but the QB position was an absolute mess this season.
Talented roster right now, but something's got to give. Saints have the worst Cap situation in the NFL and not too much flexibility with contracts.

Think Saints were worried about losing Allen, so a promotion made sense.

Wow. Flores certainly has an overly inflated opinion of himself!

I am sure he is a good coach but if you are hard to work with, as some rumours have suggested, maybe that is why he’s not getting hired.

300b85772840779444f7978f3100ca49.jpg
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2022/02/13/brian-flores-adds-texans-retaliation-claim-to-nfl-lawsuit/amp/

Flores amending his law suit to include Texans.

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

There seems to be a lot of rumours about Sean McVay walking away from the Rams which I find incredibly hard to believe.

This screams of playing for a new contract.

Aaron Donald retiring would make slightly more sense as he’s now accomplished pretty much everything he can as a player, but I can’t see either of them realistically wanting to retire.