Coaching Carousel, 2022

lichtie23

Listed 7th by cap space.

Makes sense for Packers to trade now, rather than get nothing for him next year.

Broncos are very talented at WR and have a good RB (Gordon a free agent so just Williams) and TE. Think they'd only want to spruce up the OLine and maybe bits of Defence like Edge rushers/LB.

If the Pack do trade Rodgers it'll be interesting to see what they can get from him. Seen some talk of three First Round picks, which is fucking crazy for a guy who will be 39 during next season and has given off 'can't be arsed with this' vibes for years. I appreciate that Brady is still playing at a high level at nearly 45, but Rodgers doesn't come across as anywhere near as committed or driven.

If the Pack do trade Rodgers it'll be interesting to see what they can get from him. Seen some talk of three First Round picks, which is fucking crazy for a guy who will be 39 during next season and has given off 'can't be arsed with this' vibes for years. I appreciate that Brady is still playing at a high level at nearly 45, but Rodgers doesn't come across as anywhere near as committed or driven.
Bloody hope they don't get 3 1st Round picks. Although presumably would be over multiple years? Can you put stipulations into a contract such as and extra pick, if he's there for 3 years plus?

Packers very short at WR and Edge (assuming they cut one or both of the Smiths).

They also need a TE, and possibly CB.

Brian Daboll becomes the new HC of the New Jersey Bills...eh New York Giants. 
The only surprise was that it took so long, looked on the cards about a week ago.

My concern with Daboll was that he hadn't had much success previously and you don't know how much of his success was just due to Josh Allen being brilliant.

Mark Davis seems to have picked Josh McDaniels over Jim Harbaugh, who (as above) now seems likely to head to Minnesota. I don’t think Harbaugh’s interview becomes public knowledge unless he’s pretty much a stick on for that job.

McDaniels seems like a poor decision to me and Raiders Twitter aren’t taking it too well either. I think McDaniels is a great play designer/caller, but he also seems arrogant, immature and just not the leader an NFL head coach really needs to be. I would love to be wrong on this but my gut feeling says exactly 2 years from now we’re sitting here looking for another HC.