Clyde v Cove

Looking at his tweet from last week too for some context I think he means shouts (singular) heard rather than chants by a group.

He does go on to say ‘a little bit more naughtier’ so it’s clear grammar is not his strong point and he’s a bit thick.

Completely unacceptable if that has been shouted obviously.

Surprised on people's opinion on here given most know what section it's directed at. A shout of "get back in your box Hartley" was made as he came out of his technical area. The Cove official complained to a steward of a racist comment either mistakenly or mischievously. Steward spoke collectively to a section. Heated exchange with steward was a fan having the balls not to accept that such an allegation could be so randomly made. Cove official did not want to make a formal complaint when asked by stewards. Nothing racist happened at the match. Be nice if the focus was on the repeated agenda here by the player rather than being judge jury and executioner of fellow fans. Interesting to note that a BBC reporter was at the game, behind this area and they are the only ones who haven't ran the story. Pretty sure Cove fans might've had something to say as well if they had any concerns 🤔 

21 minutes ago, Scotchpie said:

Surprised on people's opinion on here given most know what section it's directed at. A shout of "get back in your box Hartley" was made as he came out of his technical area. 

Despite sitting in the middle of the stand, I heard this shout very clearly indeed and would verify that it was, without doubt, directed towards Hartley. Whilst I’m not saying that nothing racist was said (though I certainly didn’t hear anything untoward) if that is the shout to which Logan is referring, then that’s very disappointing. I would certainly hope there would be an apology from Logan and/or Cove given the engagement his Tweet has received.

As I have stated before, if it was something different and any racial language was used, I would expect any individual/s to be rightly banned.

Edited by Scott-Replay

59 minutes ago, Scotchpie said:

Surprised on people's opinion on here given most know what section it's directed at. A shout of "get back in your box Hartley" was made as he came out of his technical area. The Cove official complained to a steward of a racist comment either mistakenly or mischievously. Steward spoke collectively to a section. Heated exchange with steward was a fan having the balls not to accept that such an allegation could be so randomly made. Cove official did not want to make a formal complaint when asked by stewards. Nothing racist happened at the match. Be nice if the focus was on the repeated agenda here by the player rather than being judge jury and executioner of fellow fans. Interesting to note that a BBC reporter was at the game, behind this area and they are the only ones who haven't ran the story. Pretty sure Cove fans might've had something to say as well if they had any concerns 🤔 

This makes far more sense.  The Clyde fans in that area seemed angered by something in relation to that incident.  I had assumed the guy had sneaked into the taped off area and that’s what the issue was but he was a Cove official.  If this is a mistake (or mischief-making) there needs to be an apology.  The Sun story referencing “vile monkey chants” (Shay didn’t say that nor does his quoted tweet) would have many thinking a section of the Clyde support was making monkey noises at a player and that we have a racism problem.  Again, if a fan has made racist remarks then that should and will be dealt with.

Edit to add - did the guy also hear “Hey” and thought he heard “Shay”, as well as hearing “Hartley” and thinking he heard “monkey”?  As I said before, it would be very unusual to hear fans use an a opposing player’s first name.  I suspect this guy has made an embarrassing mistake that could result in Clyde fans being targeted, even after an apology.

Further edit - does every shout starting with “Hey” get attributed to Shay in his weekly record-keeping?  Why does he think opposition fans know and use his first name?

Edited by WBR

16 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Today, and last week against Peterhead we couldn't have argued with draws in either but we sneaked wins with key players missing.  Not complaining about 6 points and 2 clean sheets; far from it. We do have fralities due to our squad depth. Common to nearly all teams in this  league.

Prior to the Peterhead game I thought performances had been outstanding at times over a 2 month spell.

Not sure if you were at the match, streamed it or never saw it but we didn't look like a team which is guaranteed to go up.

Last year I thought we pushed Partick valiantly to the end and thought we did enough over the 2 legs to get to the playoff final but it wasn't to be. Would have fancied our chances against Morton but clearly things didn't work out.

Agree about Mitch. 

Credit to Vigurs today getting the winner and his performances have noticeable been better since the season started. For me though, Fyvie and Yule are our best CM partnership. Vigurs is prone to giving the ball away cheaply, slowing the game down too much and at times not tracking back. Agree he's an asset to have in our quest to get out of L1.

I still think we need 2 successful January signings to bolster our chances of securing top spot and automatic promotion.

I watched the stream, fairly standard L1 fare, and yes could have drawn or even lost on a different day however maybe I'm just more optimistic than yourself but every confidence Cove go up as Champions this time round, with or without January additions.  In fact history shows that January additions are rarely successful/impactful so prefer if the scouting team are thinking further ahead to the summer window and identifying 4-6 players for a Championship campaign - bound to be a few let go from Pittodrie and could do worse than look at half the Banks O'Dee or Fraserburgh teams

5 hours ago, Scotchpie said:

This is the most sensible comment about the incident, and is in line with what I saw and heard from a matter of feet away from both the Cove official and the person he accused of making a racist comment.

A few points about the accusation made by Shay Logan, as quoted in the Sunday Mail. "Shay, get back in your box you monkey".

Firstly, nobody would start a personal insult by referring to him as Shay. It would be Logan. 

Secondly, "Get back in your box" was shouted - but to Hartley, not Logan. I confirm I heard this.

Thirdly, "You monkey" was absolutely not shouted. Giving the Cove official the benefit of the doubt, he misheard something. The alternative is he has deliberately misinterpreted what was said/shouted and communicated this to Logan at half-time. 

Fourthly, there were no racist "chants" from anyone in this area of the ground. 

Finally, Clyde finished the game with 3 black players in our team. I'm sure they would have had something to say if there had been any racist chants. 

I hope the Cove official has a rethink about this "incident" & admits he made a mistake, followed by another tweet from Shay Logan apologising for his false allegations, and an article in the Daily Record/Sunday Mail confirming this was all a misunderstanding. I won't hold my breath 🤨.

4 minutes ago, Stan Mallinson said:

This is the most sensible comment about the incident, and is in line with what I saw and heard from a matter of feet away from both the Cove official and the person he accused of making a racist comment.

A few points about the accusation made by Shay Logan, as quoted in the Sunday Mail. "Shay, get back in your box you monkey".

Firstly, nobody would start a personal insult by referring to him as Shay. It would be Logan. 

Secondly, "Get back in your box" was shouted - but to Hartley, not Logan. I confirm I heard this.

Thirdly, "You monkey" was absolutely not shouted. Giving the Cove official the benefit of the doubt, he misheard something. The alternative is he has deliberately misinterpreted what was said/shouted and communicated this to Logan at half-time. 

Fourthly, there were no racist "chants" from anyone in this area of the ground. 

Finally, Clyde finished the game with 3 black players in our team. I'm sure they would have had something to say if there had been any racist chants. 

I hope the Cove official has a rethink about this "incident" & admits he made a mistake, followed by another tweet from Shay Logan apologising for his false allegations, and an article in the Daily Record/Sunday Mail confirming this was all a misunderstanding. I won't hold my breath 🤨.

Who was the third black player after Gomis and Tade?

13 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Who was the third black player after Gomis and Tade?

Andrew Osei-Bonsu, just left EF.

On 08/01/2022 at 17:34, Karpaty Lviv said:

I thought we competed well but when the other keeper doesn’t have a save to make, it tells you everything we need to know. Cove were there for the taking today and if we had Goodie up front, I think we’d have got at least a draw. That’s the difference not having him there. If he goes, that’ll be the story for the rest of the season and we’ll go down fighting but ultimately, down. 

We were definitely there for the taking. A goal didn't really look like it was coming for us to be honest. Goodwillie would have certainly tested Jevan Anderson, who looked out of his depth, and Morgyn Neill who although great in the air, struggles when one on one with anyone.

Neither team threatened much on goal. 4 SOT.

20 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Andrew Osei-Bonsu, just left EF.

We were definitely there for the taking. A goal didn't really look like it was coming for us to be honest. Goodwillie would have certainly tested Jevan Anderson, who looked out of his depth, and Morgyn Neill who although great in the air, struggles when one on one with anyone.

Neither team threatened much on goal. 4 SOT.

League winning form, two weeks not performing & 6 points to show for it, was at Formartine yesterday but keeping an eye on your score & getting a bit worried that a goal was not coming but you got there in the end. Not too often i agree with the Clyde support but believe it was probably Hartley that was told to get back in his box whether it is the papers or Logan  mischief making for the story will hopefully come out at some point.

3 minutes ago, peternapper said:

League winning form, two weeks not performing & 6 points to show for it, was at Formartine yesterday but keeping an eye on your score & getting a bit worried that a goal was not coming but you got there in the end. Not too often i agree with the Clyde support but believe it was probably Hartley that was told to get back in his box whether it is the papers or Logan  mischief making for the story will hopefully come out at some point.

Mitch out we undoubtedly look a different team but got over the line yesterday. This time with a goal which wasn't dubious.

I didn't hear anything from where I was sitting.

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I didn't hear anything from where I was sitting.

Thank you for that.

You would have been closer to the area where the "racist comments/chants" were allegedly made, than Shay Logan was at any point during the game.

I'm still absolutely raging about this, and fully back the supporter who was falsely accused of making a racist comment. I do know he has made an official complaint to Cove Rangers, and I'll be interested to hear the response. Racism is obviously totally unacceptable, and the actions of this official and Shay Logan have not helped the cause in any way.