Clyde v Cove

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

We got glimpse of the future today, without Goodwillie we simplify won’t score. We did ok today but gave away stupid goal and that was it. 

If the board accept less than £75k for Goodwillie them we are well and truly humped and shame on them. (And that is a steal). Also if we are looking at players the standard of Orsi in the window then the recruitment team have learned nothing!!

I think the difference in future without Goodwillie is that we’ll sign someone to replace, I highly doubt we’d run with that front line without him. No team would score as many without him, look at Cove without Megginson too. The quality these guys have change a full team. 

29 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Doesn’t sound too promising in terms of potential signings from Allan Moores post match interview. Goodie had to get injections in his knee so that’s why he has been out of the squad the past few games.

Gloomy prospects of bringing anyone in for January and “interest” in DGW.

Welcome to 2022 baby!

9 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Gloomy prospects of bringing anyone in for January and “interest” in DGW.

Welcome to 2022 baby!

There was never going to be anyone brought in in January other than some loans

Even if DGW leaves and we get £50k plus freeing up his wage unlikely to get anyone in January as all decent players are under contract and don’t see us ever paying a fee, so again just loans but maybe a better of standard of loan

From a player or supporter?

Supporter. There was some commotion in the first half over near the Cove support. Steward was over so guessing it was denied or otherwise. If there was something like that said the person shouldn't bother coming back. Not welcome. Ever.

Board need to step up and get whichever supporter(s) who said this in the bin permanently. Not the first time we've had poor language this season needs sorted and fast. Apologies to Cove and Shay from all decent Clyde supporters 

August 2019 was the last time we scored from a corner kick. I don't mean put a corner in and have a wee scrabble around and then score. I mean a corner kick that someone then sticks into the net. We've only got goals from a few set pieces in that time as well (Rumsby v Peterhead, Petkov v Airdrie, DGW indirect freekick against EK and possibly the Howie one against Peterhead?). 

I don't buy that Andrew Osei-Bonsu (who we've seen have a stinker twice this season) is the only person we can find. Half of Scotland has changed their manager, there will be plenty of clubs wanting rid of their deadwood. Even good L2 players would improve this team.

Today we could have got a point, the only real moment of quality was Vigurs' finish to be honest so fair play to Cove. It was a shocking game apart from that. I'd not say that Jones lost us the game, but I'd also say that the header he floated over the bar should be on target every time. Really poor headed effort from Love in the first half as well.

We missed Goodwillie obviously but it doesn't help that we also missed Cuddihy (for a half), Cunningham and Splaine, who has stepped up in recent games with decisive moments in the attacking third. Livingstone did well, Gomis had a great first half and decent second. Centre halves didn't give McAllister a sniff. There's still plenty to be encouraged by in terms of avoiding the drop but I think the 6 match unbeaten run was completely overplayed by some people. 

It was one fan and not fans. If they have said it they shouldn't be allowed back in any stadium, not just Broadwood. We had 3 black players in our squad today just to highlight how moronic this person has been.
If Logan heard this abuse from the stand it must have been pretty loud. The fans around the perpetrator must have heard it. Get him identified, reported and banned.

3 hours ago, marello said:

I'm always amused by Cove1922 playing down their chances and praising the opposition!! truth is Cove probably should have gone up last year, and they'll make no mistake this time.  The chances of Megginson going anywhere are zero!! Hoping crowds confirmed for the cup tie at Hibs, I know it's on telly but nothing like going away to one of the 'big boys'.  Vigurs has been a class act throughout his career, a bit Jim Bett like although not as good but with a longer career - exactly the sort of player (a la DGW) that the lower league teams need to up their game.

Today, and last week against Peterhead we couldn't have argued with draws in either but we sneaked wins with key players missing.  Not complaining about 6 points and 2 clean sheets; far from it. We do have fralities due to our squad depth. Common to nearly all teams in this  league.

Prior to the Peterhead game I thought performances had been outstanding at times over a 2 month spell.

Not sure if you were at the match, streamed it or never saw it but we didn't look like a team which is guaranteed to go up.

Last year I thought we pushed Partick valiantly to the end and thought we did enough over the 2 legs to get to the playoff final but it wasn't to be. Would have fancied our chances against Morton but clearly things didn't work out.

Agree about Mitch. 

Credit to Vigurs today getting the winner and his performances have noticeable been better since the season started. For me though, Fyvie and Yule are our best CM partnership. Vigurs is prone to giving the ball away cheaply, slowing the game down too much and at times not tracking back. Agree he's an asset to have in our quest to get out of L1.

I still think we need 2 successful January signings to bolster our chances of securing top spot and automatic promotion.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I thought we competed well but when the other keeper doesn’t have a save to make, it tells you everything we need to know. Cove were there for the taking today and if we had Goodie up front, I think we’d have got at least a draw. That’s the difference not having him there. If he goes, that’ll be the story for the rest of the season and we’ll go down fighting but ultimately, down. 

We were definitely there for the taking. A goal didn't really look like it was coming for us to be honest. Goodwillie would have certainly tested Jevan Anderson, who looked out of his depth, and Morgyn Neill who although great in the air, struggles when one on one with anyone.

Neither team threatened much on goal. 4 SOT.

Screenshot_20220108-210131.jpg