Clyde v Cove

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Rory starts, Mitch misses out.

My mistake. Doing your team lines by squad numbers and not position is tinot behaviour 🤣

It's probably better to be a dour team that can scrap for a result than the shambles we were earlier. A tough watch regardless, Gomis playing well aside. No idea how Nicoll thinks he will get away with those tackles, he is a passenger out there.

That's the worst Cove I have seen against Clyde.

Half time, goalless and not many chances to write home about for either side.

Leighton and Leitch failing to impress; not worth a shirt behind them, Vigurs generally sitting too deep and Rory is isolated.

Clyde evidently missing DGW. Rob Jones can win the aerial challenges, at times, but no one around him to get the knock downs.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's only 1 goal in this match

5 minutes ago, David W said:

It's probably better to be a dour team that can scrap for a result than the shambles we were earlier. A tough watch regardless, Gomis playing well aside. No idea how Nicoll thinks he will get away with those tackles, he is a passenger out there.

That's the worst Cove I have seen against Clyde.

That's the worst 45 minutes I've seen us play since the opening PS cup matches.

I'm always amused by Cove1922 playing down their chances and praising the opposition!! truth is Cove probably should have gone up last year, and they'll make no mistake this time.  The chances of Megginson going anywhere are zero!! Hoping crowds confirmed for the cup tie at Hibs, I know it's on telly but nothing like going away to one of the 'big boys'.  Vigurs has been a class act throughout his career, a bit Jim Bett like although not as good but with a longer career - exactly the sort of player (a la DGW) that the lower league teams need to up their game.

We were poor today, not awful, which was an upgrade I guess... We seemed to be playing a game of how long can we not concede for.

I do feel however we are heading in the right direction.. Albeit a loss, but we weren't any worse than Cove today, just came down to poor poor defending (yet again) to concede a really stupid goal. - Story of our season.

Jones not responsible for conceding the goal but it is obvious he is clueless and really should not be anywhere near that team. He looked incredibly lost today - while he had some spells of "brilliance" on the ball, there is nothing there. Really should be releasing dead wood and singing some form of quality.

For the record, I thought Owen Andrew actually played quite well today??

Nicoll always a guaranteed card. Offers nothing. 

Gomis also had a good game I felt, and done well to recover from losing position at times.

Only ourselves to blame today with a poor mistake for the goal. We matched Cove for the most part but you could tell both teams were missing their main threats. A game for the purists but certainly not one I’ll remember for long. If Goodwillie leaves, that team is scary.