Clyde v Cove

44 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Hoping we might have a new signing or two in for this one but even then we’ll need to be at our best to beat an in form Cove. 

Cove on the road for the 2nd week running and to a ground we haven't particularly had much success at. Last outing at Broadwood was a 2-1 defeat.

Since then we've been on a good run, 7 straight league wins and 8w and 2d in the last 10. Clyde undefeated in the last 6 and admirably into 5th.

On Sunday we were missing Mitch, Masson, Harry and Vigurs and it showed. We lacked creativity and a serious and consistent goal threat. Was our poorest performance in a while but Balmoor is a tough place to go. We only deserved a point in all honesty.

Is DGW expected to return on Saturday?

Hoping we too will sign a couple of extra players in the window. A striker and winger. When the iron is hot we should be making some strong signings and use the lure of Championship football as a carrot. Obviously a long long way to go yet and could easily crash and burn.

I've got my ticket so will be at the match.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove on the road for the 2nd week running and to a ground we haven't particularly had much success at. Last outing at Broadwood was a 2-1 defeat.

Since then we've been on a good run, 7 straight league wins and 8w and 2d in the last 10. Clyde undefeated in the last 6 and admirably into 5th.

On Sunday we were missing Mitch, Masson, Harry and Vigurs and it showed. We lacked creativity and a serious and consistent goal threat. Was our poorest performance in a while but Balmoor is a tough place to go. We only deserved a point in all honesty.

Is DGW expected to return on Saturday?

Hoping we too will sign a couple of extra players in the window. A striker and winger. When the iron is hot we should be making some strong signings and use the lure of Championship football as a carrot. Obviously a long long way to go yet and could easily crash and burn.

I've got my ticket so will be at the match.

Hopefully will be back, as much as the others stepped up against Falkirk without him it’s a totally different game against a much better side. Won’t be anything confirmed until our preview goes up Friday at the earliest. 

Likewise are any of your lot expected back? 

11 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Hopefully will be back, as much as the others stepped up against Falkirk without him it’s a totally different game against a much better side. Won’t be anything confirmed until our preview goes up Friday at the earliest. 

Likewise are any of your lot expected back? 

Leagues top scorer so will definitely boost your chances of a point or all 3 points. We'll need to up our performance on Sunday if we are going to get anything.

Mitch will return; was a one match suspension due to an accumulation of yellows.

Masson and Vigurs I believe might be available but Harry I understand misses out but due back against Montrose at home the week after. Scully will play LWB in the matters absence.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

No Fyvie and more worryingly no Mitch, even though he was in the paper yesterday talking about the game today. So either COVID, a personal issue or a bid. Hoping not the latter.

No DGW in the match day squad for Clyde so rumours of a move will be heightened further.

Harry back in at LB today and Vigurs returns. We really miss Mitch's X factor so doubt we'll be prolific today. 

Screenshot_20220108-140600.jpg

We won last time out without Goodwillie, something I think we better start getting used to, and Cove don't have either big striker playing. Don't think it's a write off but still think Cove win.