ICT v RRFC…..

16 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The arsehole that used to be the commentator is now the stadium announcer and is still sore on the lugs, I wouldn't give him a job at the bingo.

He's awful, just awful.  I always remember him last season while on the club commentary for a must-win game talking about how he wanted our opponents to be promoted.  It's a shame because there'd undoubtedly be plenty of fans who'd love a role like that but this guy seems to have gotten into the clique of the current ICT regime.  

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I mentioned before, Dodds stated in the press the other week that he wouldn't be bringing in any players as he felt that his team was good enough.

After yesterday's performance that statement is utter bollocks, we need to get players in now or we can kiss cheerio to any title aspirations.

Carson inside doesn't work, that was clear within ten minutes, and to give that Duku game time at this level is ridiculous, one on one with a clear view and he taps the ball into the goalie's hands.

Nothing is working as it was earlier, a fuckin blind man could see that, Gardyne is a big miss, an opinion which I'm sure most of the fans would agree with, however that is the past and the manger needs to replace him with like for like and re-jig our set up.

That is utter madness that he said that. We had to play a left back at left wing yesterday as we only had one fit player for that position. Walsh is utter dog shit too. Doran will be out for god knows how long and, to be honest, he doesn’t do anything when he is on the pitch.

I agree with you that Gardyne was our best player and while I have no issue with him leaving he has to be replaced. Same with MacDonald even if he was nowhere near the starting 11.

This is the best chance we are going to get at winning the title. It’s worth spending a bit of extra cash to try and get some quality in for the last part of the season and if it doesn’t work out we will just have to deal with that over the next few seasons.

We've been at least one short at full-back since the start of the season.  We're now at least one short on the wings as well.  We have a good midfield, that is undoubtedly true but it would help if we played a system that utilised that instead of hoofing the ball over their heads at every given opportunity.

Sutherland has been really poor for weeks.  Walsh has been dire all season.  Doran is either unfit or doesn't do anything.  Duku isn't going to cut it.  Jamieson looks good but doesn't get a chance.  We need at least two good players in in this window or we have no chance going up.

If Dodds thinks we can get away without bringing anyone in then he's kidding himself.

Edited by Highland Capital

I'm not at all sure where or when B Dodds said that he isn't going to recruit.

In fact he most certainly referred to one going out and there would be a replacement at the least.

The first part, unsurprisingly, has swiftly come to pass and I would expect the squad to be augmented before the end of January.

One of the issues with our crossing is its happening in the wrong place most of the time. Its not a full back or winger hitting the byline and crossing from there. It's a defender clipping the ball forward from about 40 yards from goal and a lot of the time it's falling short of the box leading to someone like Mckay having to try and hold up the ball and link with a team mate instead of trying to attack the cross in the first place.

39 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

A bit harsh but after watching the highlights if Jamie had just moved his feet  a bit quicker he would have stopped Inverness from getting their goal. 

I thought the same at the time and even more when i seen the replays😔

A bit harsh but after watching the highlights if Jamie had just moved his feet  a bit quicker he would have stopped Inverness from getting their goal. 

Harsh but true …I think we’re due him one though.

45 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Aye, he seems to habitually have moments of slackness against Inverness for some reason, like the goal last season at Stark's in the infamous Davo - Turdarov game. However, in fairness to him yesterday the ball seemed to take a wicked spin when it looked like going wide.

54 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm not at all sure where or when B Dodds said that he isn't going to recruit.

In fact he most certainly referred to one going out and there would be a replacement at the least.

The first part, unsurprisingly, has swiftly come to pass and I would expect the squad to be augmented before the end of January.

The P & J,  can't post the article as I've reached the P & J free article limit.

55 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

You were one up so Jamie was on slow mode, definitely fast forward once our goal went in.

Might be a bit harsh but after watching the highlights(not a great angle )but maybe just maybe if Arnott took another one or two strides his shot might just have nestled in the net

Agree regards McDonald,bit slow moving his feet but as RRFC says “we,re due him one”,hes been nothing but excellent for us

17 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Might be a bit harsh but after watching the highlights(not a great angle )but maybe just maybe if Arnott took another one or two strides his shot might just have nestled in the net

Agree regards McDonald,bit slow moving his feet but as RRFC says “we,re due him one”,hes been nothing but excellent for us

Thought Arnott could have done that, but the shot wasn’t a bad one either…and he’s played very little.

Lots of movement on the ICT goal.

Edited by TxRover

Can’t understand the incredulity about Duku’s bum pass, we saw plenty bum passes from him in the latter half of last season. Come to think of it I’m certain he made an arse out of many of them before new year too!

He's awful, just awful.  I always remember him last season while on the club commentary for a must-win game talking about how he wanted our opponents to be promoted.  It's a shame because there'd undoubtedly be plenty of fans who'd love a role like that but this guy seems to have gotten into the clique of the current ICT regime.  
Grrr.

8 hours ago, grumswall said:
20 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Grrr.

I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't read some excerpts from each goal scorer's wiki page when he announced their names.

18 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Was he really that much as fault? It was a wicked strike from McAlear. Swerving all over the gaff.

It’s one of those shots that are hard to save. McAlear hit it with supreme accuracy. We did that at Falkirk. Matthews shot was one of those strikes too. Draw was a fair result.